From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Do we have to wait until 30 to start taking care of our skins?

Hey !!! My name is Jenny and I’m 18 years old... Basically I’m not even old enough to lose collagen or start getting “old” (talking about how skin looks like)... But, I don’t know why I’m so concerned about skincare and almost obsessed... actually I do know why! Cause I feel if I spent so much money on makeup I need to spent even more on good products for my skin! Like if I have acne buy something to have a clear skin not like a good concealer to cover it up! What y’all think? How important is taking care of your skin? And how y’all do it?

Re: Do we have to wait until 30 to start taking care of our skins?

Hi @JennyCelleri it's totally important 🙂 I'd suggest you start with using sunscreen everyday, regardless of the weather

Hi @JennyCelleri It's never too early to start taking care of your skin. In terms of anti-aging, I always recommend an antioxidant serum to protect your skin from environmental damage, appropriate moisturizer for your skin type and sunscreen. You will notice a difference later on if you start early 🙂

RE: Do we have to wait until 30 to start taking care of our skins?

Start now! You will thank yourself later. I began taking really good care of my skin at about your age. Sunscreen every day (don’t forget your neck and chest!) etc. I am 43 now and people mistake me for being in my 20’s. I am a diehard fan of Clinique skincare. Find what works for you, and stick to it!

It is never too early to take care of your skin with a good skin care routine and sun protection. Most skin care products aimed at anti-aging actually do a much better job of prevention rather than cure. 

More knowledgeable people than me will doubtless have lots of good advice and product recommendations. My advice would be simply to always respect your skin barrier, always wash off your make-up before bedtime (and keep brushes and sponges clean), always wear sun protection even in the winter, and find what works for you regardless of brand.

@JennyCelleri I would start now.  My Mom always told me to take good care of my skin when I was growing up.  I started using Clinque back in the day (when I was in high school and Clearsil) when there wasn't as many skincare brands like today.  It was totally worth it.  Now that I am 35, I get compliments all the time about how good my skin is and that I don't look my age.  I think as a teenager you don't need expensive brands just use what works even if its drugstore or on the affordable side. 

Also, make sure you are using sunscreen everyday.  It will help a lot in the future.

RE: Re: Do we have to wait until 30 to start taking care of our skins?

I use sunscreen even when I know I’m going to stay home the whole day! I’m so scared of the sun and how bad is for our skin💖
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing