cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

nvm i figured it out thanks

Re: Tiny Oily Bumps On face

Hi @nunu301 ! If you can see a dermatologist, either in person or via video conference, I recommend doing that. I can't diagnose your skin; no one on BIC can unless they happen to be a dermatologist (and if there are any derms on BIC, they've been awfully quiet about it; they probably know they'll get bombarded with AAALLL the questions if they reveal their profession to us 🤣). Finding the right products/ingredients may be easier once you have a doctor's diagnosis, especially since a derm or other doctor can craft a treatment regimen for your particular skin. 

A few other thoughts:

Spoiler
Nizoral would be an option for fungal acne, but not for true acne. So that might've been the wrong product for you to try if you don't have fungal acne. A derm can figure out what's really going on with your skin. 

If CeraVe's BHA cleanser made more bumps appear, that could've just been your skin purging, which is a good thing: it's salicylic acid attacking acne-causing bacteria and evicting crud from your pores. This is also a common occurrence with retinoids (adapalene, tretinoin, retinol, etc.) and benzoyl peroxide. Purging usually ends after a month of consistent product use. 

None of this is probably what you wanted to hear, but I don't wanna just throw a list of products at you that may not work for your particular skin issue. A dermatologist is your best starting point. You could also try consulting a medical esthetician. Just note that they generally don't have the medical training of a derm and, as a result, don't diagnose skin conditions. 

And I have to say: I am LOVING your braids! 🙂 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing