From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Skincare Aware

Skincare Aware

• 414212 Members
  • 15279 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Post in Skincare Aware
Best sunscreen
I’m looking for recommendations for the best face sunscreen! I’m looking for something with a dewy finish and that is at least SPF ...read more
I’m looking for recommendations for the best face sunscreen! I’m looking for something with a dewy finish and that is at least SPF 30 and bonus points if it’s water-resistant.
New Reply in Skincare Aware
Tatcha - Holy Grail?
|
Re: Tatcha - Holy Grail?
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I love Tatcha but it is so expensive!!! Glow Recipe and Drunk Elephant too. Anyone agree? Tatcha Plump + Dewy Duo Tatcha The Camel ...read more
I love Tatcha but it is so expensive!!! Glow Recipe and Drunk Elephant too. Anyone agree? Tatcha Plump + Dewy Duo Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Candlelight Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder Tatcha The Deep Cleanse Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser 10.14 oz/ 300 mL Glow Recipe Glow Together Set™ Drunk Elephant Baby Bar Travel Duo with Case
Dark under eye circles
|
Re: Dark under eye circles
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Cheapest options are drink a lot of water and use a colour corrector. I'm super fair too (my dad is a ginger). I've found many co ...read more
Cheapest options are drink a lot of water and use a colour corrector. I'm super fair too (my dad is a ginger). I've found many correctors are too dark, which only exaggerates my circles! The Smashbox x Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector is great! While the initial cost is not cheap, you hardly use any, so it lasts a really long time!! I find the best way to apply it is to warm a tiny dot between my ring fingers and gently pat it over my dark circles until smooth. I found it too thick to apply any other way.
Please help! Dark under eyes
|
Re: Please help! Dark under eyes
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: There should be a group specifically for those of us with dark circles! Mine are lifelong because of genetics, allergies, and oth ...read more
There should be a group specifically for those of us with dark circles! Mine are lifelong because of genetics, allergies, and other autoimmune issues. Aging isn't helping them at all! There are 3 things I do before makeup to help. First, I drink a lot of water. That seems to help my eyes look less sunken. Second, I've recently discovered a fantastic eye cream. I can't say enough about Biossance Squalane & Marine Algae Eye Cream!! I tried it for helping with fine lines (I'm 49), but using it over time has been helping with my dark circles too. Added bonus is how well it aborbs to use under makeup! Third thing I do before concealer is use a colour corrector. The peachy tone I use neutralizes the bluish purple under my eyes so concealer is much more effective. I've had more success with more peach/orangey correctors than yellow, but it took trying both to figure that out.
hyperpigmentation
|
Re: hyperpigmentation
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: #Kiel’s clearly corrective dark spot serum worked wonders on the hyperpigmentation I had on my nose & forehead! I got a sample wit ...read more
#Kiel’s clearly corrective dark spot serum worked wonders on the hyperpigmentation I had on my nose & forehead! I got a sample with a purchase and the sample alone removed all of them from my nose.
Puffy, Dark Under Eye Bags
|
Re: Puffy, Dark Under Eye Bags
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I have deep set eyes with lifelong dark circles. I have tried countless serums, creams, colour correctors, and concealers. The a ...read more
I have deep set eyes with lifelong dark circles. I have tried countless serums, creams, colour correctors, and concealers. The absolute best combo I have found is Biossance Squalane and Marine algae eye cream and Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Vanish Colour Corrector. Starting with those two products makes almost any concealer work 10x better! Artificial light makes dark circles more pronounced because it usually is cool light (more blue). Using a colour corrector first (especially peach tones) helps neutralize the blues in dark circles and artificial light, as they are opposite each other on the colour wheel. Good luck!
products for redness
|
Re: products for redness
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Dr. Idriss The Depuffer Redness Reducing + Depuffing Roll-On Serum 1.35 oz / 40 ml ...read more
Dr. Idriss The Depuffer Redness Reducing + Depuffing Roll-On Serum 1.35 oz / 40 ml
Ambassador Curated
National SPF Day ☀️
|
Re: National SPF Day ☀️
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @missjeanie, I knew TIL made a clear balm but I didn't know about the tinted ones until you mentioned. So, naturally, I decided to ...read more
@missjeanie, I knew TIL made a clear balm but I didn't know about the tinted ones until you mentioned. So, naturally, I decided to look 'em on The Inkey List site - ohhhh, those are pretty shades. I like that they offer a set with all the balms (tinted and clear) and a set with just the tinted ones. I'm trying to be strict on my low buy and selective in what I pick up. 🤣 I've made some purchases in April and have some planned for May so I am going to hold off on TIL tints...for now, that is. I could see myself revisiting that at some point. Ha! Do you think you'll pick up a tint from The Inkey List?
Recent images from this conversation
Face cream and oils
|
Re: Face cream and oils
GO-GETTER IV INSIDER
Reply: @KWKWH try the Paul's Choice web page ...read more
@KWKWH try the Paul's Choice web page
New Post in Skincare Aware
Dude, best exfoliator
- Seriously,the Yerba matte exfoliatorFrom youth for the peopleIs fact amazing I can't recommended it more get it now is gentle en ...read more
- Seriously,the Yerba matte exfoliatorFrom youth for the peopleIs fact amazing I can't recommended it more get it now is gentle enough for my sensitive skin
211,442 Posts