Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Please help! Dark under eyes

Hi! I have been dealing with dark under eye circles for about a year now. They’re def not getting better and I have no idea what to do anymore! They are purple and I’m always looking tired. 

I have tried vitamin c, hydro acid, & eye cream from youth to the people. 

if there is a way to get rid of them, please let me know. Otherwise how to cover them up would also be amazing!! Thanks 🙂 

Re: Please help! Dark under eyes

There should be a group specifically for those of us with dark circles!  Mine are lifelong because of genetics, allergies, and other autoimmune issues.  Aging isn't helping them at all!

There are 3 things I do before makeup to help.  First, I drink a lot of water.  That seems to help my eyes look less sunken.  Second, I've recently discovered a fantastic eye cream.  I can't say enough about Biossance Squalane & Marine Algae Eye Cream!!  I tried it for helping with fine lines (I'm 49), but using it over time has been helping with my dark circles too.  Added bonus is how well it aborbs to use under makeup!

Third thing I do before concealer is use a colour corrector.  The peachy tone I use neutralizes the bluish purple under my eyes so concealer is much more effective. I've had more success with more peach/orangey correctors than yellow, but it took trying both to figure that out.

@brittbby254 I ’m older and mine are hereditary but when I was younger, in my 20s, a lot of the time it was allergies. When I realized I needed to use my allergy pills throughout the year, it helped.

haha I’m honestly thinking it could be that too. Thank you 🙂 

@brittbby254 unfortunately dark undereyes tend to be more hereditary than anything.  That being said, have you tried using a color corrector?

I get dark eye circles like CRAZY!! I have tried so many eye creams over the years, and found some hits!

Best overall: Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

Best on a budget: The INKEY List Brighten-i™ Dark Circle Brightening Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you! I have been dealing with the same problem!!

Thank you!!! I actually have the inky list on to try 🙂 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing