Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Puffy, Dark Under Eye Bags

I know there's lots of reasons for why this might be happening, I'm looking for some help to narrow down the reason and what might work for me.

I get dark, black/purple/redish under eye discoloration with puffiness. I find it's more drastic in artificial light.

I've been use The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL, it helps a little bit with the dark circles when it's due to lack of sleep, but nothing drastic.

I top it off with Elf Holy Hydration/Illuminating Eye Cream. It really helps lighten the area up, but I find it's just temporary.

I notice when I use my Elf Pure Skin Moisturizer it helps remove some the discoloration, so I'm thinking it is due to hyperpigmentation/skin barrier damage as the moisturizer has Oat Milk, Niacinamide and Ceramides in it.

I've been debating on trying The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Eye Serum 0.5 oz / 15 mL or Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL next to see what might help. I think the Vitamin C has a better chance working for me, but wanted to try and narrow down what I should use before spending money on anything.

Re: Puffy, Dark Under Eye Bags

I have deep set eyes with lifelong dark circles.  I have tried countless serums, creams, colour correctors, and concealers.  The absolute best combo I have found is Biossance Squalane and Marine algae eye cream and Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Vanish Colour Corrector.  Starting with those two products makes almost any concealer work 10x better!

Artificial light makes dark circles more pronounced because it usually is cool light (more blue).  Using a colour corrector first (especially peach tones) helps neutralize the blues in dark circles and artificial light, as they are opposite each other on the colour wheel.

Good luck!  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing