makeupobesessed

Dont like change....

It's going to take me a while to get used to this new forum.  I'm not one for change,  it does have some good features but I'm finding it a little hard to navigate.  Anybody else think good or bad?overall, I think I'll find it to be a good thing once I get used to it.

beautylovingirl

Re: Dont like change....

(0) Hearts

OK Seriously, WHY are we still seeing post from all the way back in 2010. I'm sick of seeing these please put the conversations back like they were on the old forum. This drives me crazy! Annoying, so Annoying.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Just use list view (which is like the old front page and orders thread/questions by newest first and you can easily see which ones have been answered) and pretend the other view doesn't exist? lol.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I've tried beautytester, o'lord how I've tried.:smileytongue: They just keep popping up.

beautylovingirl

I also think it would be great to have the top contributors put back in each category like they were in the old forum.

kimmi1115

I figured I better type this in before I end up forgetting it over the next couple of days lol.  Will there be changes made to replying to specific users?  If I respond to more than one person, I have to go back and forth just to check to see if there is another response.  

kimmi1115

Thank you for the update!!  

sephoraadmin2

Hi ladies! We have been listening to your concerns and working hard on making some changes based on your feedback. We just updated BeautyTalk with some bug fixes and changes, so I wanted to let you guys know what's new (and fixed)!

Hearts are back! This was a bug, and it is now fixed. Now you can see the hearts you have been given on each of your posts. If you click on the number of hearts, you can see who those hearts were given by.

View all on profile page: The "view all" option on profile pages has returned. You can now see all of your recent activity and all of the messages you have given hearts to from your profile page.

List view: This is a new feature that we have introduced to give you more options on how you can view the threads in the community. This is more of a quick look page, where you can quickly browse the latest threads without the text preview. This list is also sorted by most recent thread, not most recent post, and it will show you what threads do not have answers. To see the list view, click on the bullet icon at the top right of the homepage (or category or board page) in between the list icon and the photo grid icon.

list view.jpg

Darker font: We realized (and heard you) that BT was a little hard to read, so we've darkened the font on all of the pages. Hopefully this helps.

- Bigger post box: We have enlarged the size of the post box so that it is now more comparable to the one on the old BeautyTalk. Now you can see more of your message when you are typing.

We really hope that these updates and fixes are helpful for everyone in our community, especially our most active users. Please know that we are taking all of your feedback into account, and even if things aren't updated immediately, changes take time and we are always working behind the scenes to make BeautyTalk a wonderful experience for everyone. There are more bug fixes and great updates to come in the new year that we hope you like!

Happy Holidays to everyone,

Candace

BeautyTalk Community Manager

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Glitch. When I'm composing a reply, if I copy&pasted a word somewhere and hit "reply", sometimes it will give me a warning about invalid HTML. In the previous/old version, the warning automatically removes the invalid HTML so all I have to do is hit "reply" again. In the new/current version, it says that *I* need to remove the invalid HTML highlighted in red....and nowhere in the post is anything highlighted red. Please fix.

Also, I had a problem posting in fragrance board, when I hit reply, all it said was An unexpected error have occured. This happened on multiple posts in separate occasions.

ChicDabbler

Another important/big thing, are you going to implement a search function for PM?

I don't know how often others use PM and I didn't think I use that often, but now I've been here for a while, I've got pages of PM. It's a pain to find things without a search function.

ps. I know, if you really want to get into it, there's the whole hoopla about making it more like actual email system with folders/categories etc etc. But can haz search plz?

sephoramusthave

I'm glad to see that some changes have been made (Thanks Candice!!) but I'm still bummed that I cant directly copy and paste pictures into my posts.

beautylovingirl

Ok Candace now I'm ready to see the love you were talking about showing to the top contributors of beauty talk when is that going to happen?

lylysa

Thanks for the update and for letting all of us know what's being added and fixed!

It really shows so much about this company and its employees to listen and take feedback so much from customers. I love that everyone here is willing to work with users and consumers to better things and not make it such a one sided business.

Kudos to the Sephora team for kicking butt and not getting consumed by the holidays!

beautylovingirl

Thanks Candace! You did an awesome job at taking the bad with the good and listening to all of our feedback. This is why we will keep coming back to beauty talk!:smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Thank you!

Admist all the panic with the new website, I kind of forgot Sephora team is/should be on holiday schedule, too. =X

Thank you for the list view and hearts! yay! I was temporarily confused by the time on the right side (last response, not created, time). Does anyone else uses/read the hover text? I get confused by the little icons very easily and find hover texts very helpful (the little text/tag that appears when you hover over an icon).

*sigh of relief* Aahhh, my front page and view all my posts page are back. Now my (BT) life is complete.

jessica223344

I've had difficulty typing in the subject line when creating a new topic.  It takes forever to get a few letters out.  The body of the message allows for faster typing.  I'm not sure if it's something on my side or Sephora's.  I left a note to Sephora.com's Customer Service board. 

Also, I haven't been able to locate Francois NARS reply to Sephora BeautyTalk questions.  Maybe I missed it.  I'll have to dig around BeautyTalk and see what's what.  I'll admit I haven't really done that yet. 

lylysa

Though I can see everyone's comments and responses here in this thread, it's not like that in another I just responded on. Here I can see people who comment to the original post by Makeupobsessed, and people's reponses to others, and their own, but in the other thread I went to, when I commented on someone's response, it was hidden and I had to click on the actual "comments" area to see it. This layout doesn't seem uniform in terms of what is or isn't shown. Not to mention, the "comments" option to click isn't even visible until you happen to scroll over it at the bottom right hand corner of a response. So if you're trying to check if anyone has commented back on anything you need to scroll over the bottom of each response's corner to see if more/new comments are added.

lylysa

I also find it odd that on your own profile page now there's no option to view your personal messages. In order to check your inbox you need to be on the main/front page of Beauty Talk, as opposed to before where you click your name and it brings you to your profile with the ability to check your messages from there.

maltipoo66

[ Edited ]

Alright, after giving it almost a week, I can fairly say I'm not a fan of the new site.  The structure is the worst part for me-posts on the homepage are not listed in the order they were posted, but rather on the order people commented on them.  This causes some posts on the home page to be from a week ago, and others from a minute ago.  The old homepage was much more structured so that I could see the newest posts, the ask the expert posts, and the most hearted posts all in separate, organized sections, which was really great.

Another problem is the inability to view hearts given and received.  On the old site, I loved to be able to view which posts I had hearted recently, that way I could see if other people had commented on it or had responded my posts.

So while the site is functioning okay, I think the structure is disorganized which makes hard to navigate, and not as fun to participate in.  Thank you for listening!

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

I agree lylysa this is just not getting any better and I was just looking at the same thing you are talking about. Something really needs to change. We're all on here trying to make the best of it, but it's gonna take alot.:smileysad:  Can anyone see their own hearts yet? I can see the one's everyone else has but not the one's given to me.(UGH!)

lylysa

I can't see my hearts either, the way I can even see any of them is if I go to my profile, to the "Hearts Given" to me area, click the person, go to their profile and hope it's recent enough where it's in their "Messages I heart" area. If it's not recent enough and they've since given more hearts to others, I can't tell what comment I've given that gained hearts!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 156 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • cocobella
    • corrin99
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • anaa