Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Welcome to Year 7 of our Pan It! Challenge ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif

ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃 *this is the number one recommendation for everyone, regardless of how long you’ve been panning! Those photos add up and can help you realize progress you might otherwise overlook.
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Pan It! - 2023 Challenge

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Re: Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

May updates! Can you believe it's already May?! Where did April go?

As I continue this challenge, what I am loving is that it makes my skin/haircare easy! I reach for the same products every morning and night, eliminating the decision fatigue!

I'm focusing on specific products day after day, week after week, sometimes month after month, and I'm really seeing the benefits (or lack there of).

I'm also noticing that I'm actually going through the products (big surpise, huh?) Especially for products I started using and then left them in the dust because I found something "better" or "new" to try. These weren't bad products, they're actually good but I just get distracted and cheating may have occurred LOL 😂

It's reducing my clutter and this challenge really keeps me on track!

April Progress (somehow I lost my sharpie....)

1000017087.jpg

1000017088.jpg

1000017089.jpg

1000016522.jpg

1000016521.jpg

1000016520.jpg

1000015907.jpg

NEW challenge items as of May 1st!

1000017092.jpg

@jaaayp, that last photo!! 😍 The light coming through just illuminates the bottles (and your progress on the products) so beautifully❣️ That Olaplex is practically gone, and the Haus Labs foundation looks to be headed in that direction fast. Fabulous job!

Thank you @itsfi !!! Yes! I was holding it in this light and using a sharpie but I was like HM wait a minute... LOL idk if olaplex is coming through the picture but I have more than half left 😢 I don't hate it tho, I just don't reach for it (which is why this is perfect!) The Haus lab, yes. I always use around this much for foundation and reach for something else (i.e. my Armani....) so I was line NO NO NO GONNA PAN IT. i go thru my foundation pretty quickly considering I only use 1 pump at a time 🤔 but I think it's been almost a year soon?

@jaaayp I love your point about "decision fatigue." That is a really good incentive for.me to pick a product and stick with it until it is done!

It's so simple when your whole skincare sits on a little tray @Mel231 ! It kinda makes me want to do my routine and look forward to it every morning and night. Hope it works for you the same! 🥰

@jaaayp  wow, awesome progress! Great job! I definitely feel you about getting distracted by the newest "shiny" things, and then before I know it I have like 5 of the same type of item open at once...🙄 but you're right, this challenge is super helpful for actually using things up!

Yes... you get it @caitbird 😂 thank you ❤️ glad we are all in this together! Hehe

You are on a roll @jaaayp 

Thank you @lmaster ! Really trying 😂

@jaaayp you've made a lot of progress!  Anything in the mix that you really didn't  like or are they all winners for you?

I didn't like any of the glow recipe stuff @CookieGirl1 not sure if it's just me but I think by now I've tried all of their stuff and haven't seen much difference or anything 🤔 everything else I think I will be repurchasing in the future as soon as I get through everything hehe (I already repurchased the verb oil hehe)

*shows up 5 months late with Starbucks* sup? 😅

Okay, so I really wanted to do Project Pan again this year, and even made a list of possible items and goals near the end of last year, but unfortunately it has taken me a while to actually get it together. However, I still want to participate in the challenge, and I figure late is better than never, so I will just be starting my project a few (or several) months late this year.

A lot of these goals are continuing from 2023, but a fair amount are new for this year too. Once again, I am probably being overly ambitious with my goals, but I will just try to make as much progress as I can, and hopefully have some fun with it!

Timeline for all goals is the rest of 2024/however long it takes to complete them.

Skincare goals & items

Spoiler
Continuing from 2023:

-Neutrogena Hydro Boost Exfoliating Cleanser

Starting status: maybe ¾ full?

Goal: finish

- LANEIGE Cream Skin Refillable Toner & Moisturizer with Ceramides and Peptides 

Starting status: about ¼ left

-COSRX Hydrium Watery Toner

Starting status: about ¼ left

- The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Starting status: about ¾ full…ish

20240503_172935-01.jpeg

-Bubble Skincare Come Clean Detoxifying Clay Mask

Starting status: nearly done, 1-2 uses left

20240503_171424-01.jpeg

New for 2024:
- Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Starting status: about ½ full

20240503_171154-01.jpeg

- LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Niacinamide & Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL 

Starting status: almost full, only used a couple of times

Notes: I actually have a sample of this mask that I will be using up before moving on to this one

20240503_171322_capture-01.jpeg

-sheet masks (all)

Starting status: I’m not sure exactly how many I have, but it’s quite a lot XD

Goal: do a sheet mask weekly

Alpyn Beauty Willow & Sweet Agave Plumping Lip Mask .35 oz/ 10 mL 

Starting status: mostly finished, just a little left

20240503_172623-01.jpeg

Hair care items & goals

Spoiler
Continuing from 2023:

-Garnier Fructis Smoothing Treat 1 Minute Mask with Avocado

Starting status: not much left, maybe 3-4 more uses?

20240503_170854-01.jpeg

New for 2024:
- dae Stargloss Shine Hair Gloss Treatment 6 oz / 177 ml 

Starting status: almost full, only used a few times

Goal: use consistently before showering

20240503_170924-01.jpeg

Makeup items & goals

Spoiler
Continuing from 2023:

-Glossier Stretch Concealer (G12)

Starting status: maybe 2/3 full? Hit pan already

20240503_172456-01.jpeg

-Flower Beauty Blush Bomb Color Drops (Bubbly)

Starting status: maybe 1/3 full?

20240503_172527-01.jpeg

New for 2024:

-Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette (Jellyfish)

Starting status: used several times, but I haven’t really experimented with it or gotten good use out of it as much as I’d like

Goal: use & experiment with at least weekly

20240503_233124-01.jpeg

-Colourpop Fade Into Hue Palette

Starting status: haven’t used yet

Goal: use every shade at least once

20240503_170448-01.jpeg

- Natasha Denona Xenon Palette 

Starting status: haven’t used yet (other than swatching it)

20240503_170543_capture-01.jpeg

-Danessa Myricks Lightwork V: I Am palette

Starting status: used a couple of times

20240503_170518_capture-01.jpeg

-Red & other bright lippies

Starting status: 28

Goal: do 3-4 looks monthly; use each at least 3x

20240503_172709-01.jpeg

Fragrance items & goals

Spoiler
Continuing from 2023:

-samples & travel sizes (all)

Starting status: 226 samples & 47 trial/travel size

Goal: try each at least 2x; decide whether to purchase FS

-full size EDP (all)

Starting status: 12

Goal: use each at least 1x monthly

my full size EDP collection & some of my travel spraysmy full size EDP collection & some of my travel spraysmy collection of fragrance samplesmy collection of fragrance samples

New for 2024:

-scented candles (all)

Starting status: 21

Goal: light a candle at least 1x weekly

Nails items & goals

Spoiler
New for 2024:

-Seche Vite Top Coat

Starting status: almost new, only used maybe twice?

20240503_172418-01.jpeg

-nail polishes, press ons & nail art supplies (all)

Starting status: too lazy to count them all now 😅

Goal: do nails at least 1x monthly

This should definitely keep me busy for a while 😆

I’m excited to start working on this challenge!

@caitbird you are doing phenomenal!!

@lmaster  thank you! Just trying to chip away at it!

@caitbird WOW!  Best if luck to you.  Those eye palettes look fun. Texture aside, do you think that the Alpyn Beauty Willow & Sweet Agave Plumping Lip Mask .35 oz/ 10 mL was effective?

@Mel231  thank you! To be honest, I have never really noticed any plumping of my lips after using the mask - it is definitely nice and moisturizing, but idk about the "plumping" claims. That being said, I think from the way I sleep a lot of it gets rubbed off overnight, so that might be why.

@caitbird it's never too late to join!  And wow, you have a lot to work on but I'm excited to see your progress.

@CookieGirl1  thank you! Lol yes, I think I was probably overly ambitious (again 😅) but I have so many products I want to work through or use and I like having different things to work on. So I will just try to do what I can and have fun with it, and not stress too much if I don't get to it all!

@caitbird You won't get bored this way 😉

@CookieGirl1  definitely not! 😅

Conversation Stats
Photos196
  • ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif
  • ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg
  • End of Bones.jpg
  • Start of Robbery 23.jpg
  • CT Dec 23.jpg
  • Liners, mascara, misc