Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Welcome to Year 7 of our Pan It! Challenge ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif

ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃 *this is the number one recommendation for everyone, regardless of how long you’ve been panning! Those photos add up and can help you realize progress you might otherwise overlook.
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Pan It! - 2023 Challenge

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Re: Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

@cianni Thank you, and it's definitely both! I forget what I have 😬 and I want to stop buy buy  buy and just hoarding them without ever touching. 

Good luck @Samtian!

@faeriegirl Thank you!!

Oooh wow, @Samtian , what impressive goals!! But look at the progress already on that palette!! You got this!! 

@haleyvvvv Thank you! I am pretty happy with that progress on it! . 

@Samtian Those are some amazing goals!  I like your organization system, sounds like you're ready for a busy year!

@missjeanie Thank you, I am!!

@Samtian @you inspire me to inspire at least hit pan on 1 or 2 eyeshadow shades this year 🫰(fingers cross)

@blackkitty2014 You can do it!! I can't wait to see it. 

Ooooh below you added some more product shots, your collection of everything is just jaw dropping @Samtian 🤩

You are very organized and have a solid plan for for pans this year. I am really impressed by how structured you and @itsfi tackle this challenge. I think you are going to do great!

Your inspiring me to go through my stash and step up 😀

@CynthieLu Thank you!!! Thank you thank you. When the Pan it project first started, I was only working on just 4 shades, from old covergirl and maybelline stuff. I kinda pushed everything else aside. So it's fun to see what changes I've made. 

Okay, you were not kidding when you said you have a lot of products you'll be working on this year @Samtian! And a color coded notebook, too?! Oh, this is going to be fuuuuun to see all you'll accomplish this year! 😍 I like your monthly focus for your Use It products - that sounds like an excellent idea, both to get use out of your products and to keep it fresh by mixing up the products you're working on. 

@itsfi Thank you! I actually kinda didn't describe that very well. I have these cool tab notebooks -

15101968_hi.jpghttps___cdn.media.amplience.net_s_hottopic_20226387_hi_large.jpg

One for Pan It's and one for Use It's. And then each month I'm just changing the color of the pen I use to mark what I've done lol. And then when I get ready for post updates I'll mark each item in the photo with a color like my pens for each month. 

Ah, I see. Those are fun notebook covers @Samtian! 😍

I lied. I will add my photos in a spoiler. Each month I'll update and post the new updates. In my notebooks each month is color coded. December 23 is black, and January is a blueish color.

Startings- No updates- Not everything was photographed.

Spoiler
Blushes and BronzersBlushes and BronzersHighlightersHighlightersHighlighters 2Highlighters 2Liners, mascara, miscLiners, mascara, misc

Tags for one and all; please tag others 💕

@itsfi @Samtian @blackkitty2014 @Nahnom @cianni @heartsmyface @NotCrocker @lmaster 

@ElleElleG Thank you for the tag! I’m so happy to be joining again this year ❤️

@caitbird new thread 

@KeriCherryDee new thread

Thx you @ElleElleG ❤️🌹 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos206