Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Welcome to Year 7 of our Pan It! Challenge ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif

ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃 *this is the number one recommendation for everyone, regardless of how long you’ve been panning! Those photos add up and can help you realize progress you might otherwise overlook.
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Pan It! - 2023 Challenge

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Re: Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

All the progress I’ve made this year…I think I could’ve been done with the foundation if I was wearing makeup everyday but I’ve gone down to only doing my face once a week or so for the last few months. Still good progress though. Now I just need to find some other items to add to my pan list.

IMG_9821.jpeg

IMG_9822.jpeg

IMG_9823.jpeg

IMG_9824.jpeg

IMG_9825.jpeg

Wowza @AznAngelLiz😍 My eyes kept getting bigger and bigger as I scrolled down your photos. That's some excellent work! 🙌🙌 That Hourglass palette!!! 👀 #inspired

OH. MY. GOODNESS @AznAngelLiz I am SOOOOO impressed with the amount of progress!!!!!

Excellent job 🙌🎉 @AznAngelLiz 

@AznAngelLiz Wow you have made incredible progress! Also interested in hearing about the foundation. 

@AznAngelLiz  wow, awesome progress! Great job! Out of curiosity, how have you liked that foundation? I keep seeing ads for it all over my Pinterest lol.

Excellent jobs @AznAngelLiz 👏👍🌹❤️ Looking that HG palette just make me happy. I need to finish panning mine too 

Those are some big empties @AznAngelLiz. Perfume bottles can feel like a mountain to climb when it comes to emptying them. 

You really have made serious progress on your bottle of foundation. 👌👌 It's so close to being done!

It's been a few months and I've been MIA but I have been using the products I selected at the beginning of the year. Can't wait to catch up on how everyone's doing and post my progress. I've also been on a super low buy so I'm kind of proud of myself for that, too 🤗

@AznAngelLiz  hey, it's good to see you again! 👋 Congrats on sticking to your low buy (speaking from experience, I know that can be really hard 😅), you should be proud of yourself!

@AznAngelLiz, so good to see you. 😃 That’s awesome that you’ve been sticking to your low buy; not an easy thing to do. Excited to see your pan progress.

Hey @AznAngelLiz  hope you’re doing congratulations on your achievement! Also can you help with some product ideas and advice a little for some options please 

Hey hope you’re doing well. Nice to meet you. That’s amazing congratulations! I was wondering can you help with some product advice and recommendations as best can by chance please 

My beginning of May updates... just a few weeks late to post lol.

I've been doing the Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge and as I'm going through makeup to create capsules I've been tossing items into a 'pan it' box.  As I use up a product I'll have a stash of products ready to rotate in.  

I'm kinda over both of these.  I powered through the Neutrogena hair stuff in month one and then started to fall off of it.  It doesn't do anything to my hair (noticeably anyhow), but if I happen to overdo it, my hair looks stringy and greasy.  The Vaseline makes my skin feel like the product hasn't fully absorbed and clothes stick to me.  For that reason it's a bugger to use unless I have time to wander naked after application.  Good Lord I need to finish it soon to move on to other products I love.  I'm banning myself from using other body lotions until this is gone.I'm kinda over both of these. I powered through the Neutrogena hair stuff in month one and then started to fall off of it. It doesn't do anything to my hair (noticeably anyhow), but if I happen to overdo it, my hair looks stringy and greasy. The Vaseline makes my skin feel like the product hasn't fully absorbed and clothes stick to me. For that reason it's a bugger to use unless I have time to wander naked after application. Good Lord I need to finish it soon to move on to other products I love. I'm banning myself from using other body lotions until this is gone.I kinda forgot about the Ouai half way through April.  I'm back on it again and maybe I can see it working?  Or am I imagining it?  The Too Faced foundation is okay, but I've go some newer ones that I really enjoy and want to play with more.  I need to prioritize this one to get to using again.  The Keihls Lip Oil isn't a favourite.  The packaging is weird and if I store it as in the photo and open it, it gloops out a lot of product.  If I store it the other way round it's a bugger to get product out.  I've panned these before and need to keep it closer to me so that I use it more.  The Too Cool For School Lip Scrub is going well.  I'm using it a few times a week and quite like it.I kinda forgot about the Ouai half way through April. I'm back on it again and maybe I can see it working? Or am I imagining it? The Too Faced foundation is okay, but I've go some newer ones that I really enjoy and want to play with more. I need to prioritize this one to get to using again. The Keihls Lip Oil isn't a favourite. The packaging is weird and if I store it as in the photo and open it, it gloops out a lot of product. If I store it the other way round it's a bugger to get product out. I've panned these before and need to keep it closer to me so that I use it more. The Too Cool For School Lip Scrub is going well. I'm using it a few times a week and quite like it.The GXVE palette is doing well.  I suspect I'll be done the lightest shade in the next month or two and will be trying to finish the two shades (on top in this pic) as well.  I've finally got a visible dent into the one shade and am hoping to hit pan on it soon.  The ABH brow pencil is fine.  Just not my preferred tinted gel.I've got the Ulta Gel paired with this, but the Gel is not for me.  It can leave white residue and thats a no for me.The GXVE palette is doing well. I suspect I'll be done the lightest shade in the next month or two and will be trying to finish the two shades (on top in this pic) as well. I've finally got a visible dent into the one shade and am hoping to hit pan on it soon. The ABH brow pencil is fine. Just not my preferred tinted gel.I've got the Ulta Gel paired with this, but the Gel is not for me. It can leave white residue and thats a no for me.These were the two products I finished off in April.  The Creme Shop mask was... just a peel off mask that looked fun for selfies.  It didn't do anything for my skincare.  The Pacifica fragrance rollerball was a dud but once I removed it I used this fairly regularly.  It's a very basic coconut scent.  Nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't repurchase.These were the two products I finished off in April. The Creme Shop mask was... just a peel off mask that looked fun for selfies. It didn't do anything for my skincare. The Pacifica fragrance rollerball was a dud but once I removed it I used this fairly regularly. It's a very basic coconut scent. Nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't repurchase.My two replacement products.  The Origins mask is one that I never loved.  You're meant to tissue it off after wearing it for a few minutes and that's it.  It leaves my skin feeling greasy if I do that, so I've been washing it off.  This mask is OOOOOOOOLLLLLLD.  My skin had a freak out this week the day after I used this so it could be this, it could be two other products that were new to my routine.  If this was the culprit, it'll be gone next month.  The Floral Street Sunflower is a nice enough fragrance, but not a favourite.  I'm hoping to be done this in a month or two (as for most travel sizes I try to pan).  The good news is that this is a spray which is much preferred for me over a rollerball.My two replacement products. The Origins mask is one that I never loved. You're meant to tissue it off after wearing it for a few minutes and that's it. It leaves my skin feeling greasy if I do that, so I've been washing it off. This mask is OOOOOOOOLLLLLLD. My skin had a freak out this week the day after I used this so it could be this, it could be two other products that were new to my routine. If this was the culprit, it'll be gone next month. The Floral Street Sunflower is a nice enough fragrance, but not a favourite. I'm hoping to be done this in a month or two (as for most travel sizes I try to pan). The good news is that this is a spray which is much preferred for me over a rollerball.

Whoa @missjeanie! Congrats on the products you went through in April! Ohhh yeaaahhh! 🙌

You are soooooo close with a few items - only a matter of time! *squeee That GXVE shade is really wearing down.  I am going to be so thrilled (and relieved) for you when you polish off the last bit of that Vaseline body lotion. You may have powered your way through the Vaseline body lotion already, but if not, what are your thoughts on pouring the Floral Street Sunflower perfume into the body lotion, mixing the products together and then using them up that way - a DIY scented perfume, 2-in-1 and then one-and-done!

Good job pushing through!! @missjeanie 

@lmaster Thanks!  I need to be better about keeping things out on my countertop so they're front of mind!

@missjeanie  great progress! Sorry so many of these products are duds for you though - hopefully you will be able to finish those ones soon and move on to things you like more! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about everything too - it's great to hear about what doesn't work for others, at least as much as what does.

@caitbird It's not that they're all bad by any means... just not a favourite.  I'm going to try and power through some of these the next week and see what I can show progress wise.  My box of stuff to add to my panning rotation keeps growing with items that are all just okay. 

@missjeanie  I know what you mean, a lot of the products I'm trying to pan are objectively perfectly good, I just have others I like better. And yet, I don't want to waste them by tossing them or letting them sit unused until they go bad, hence trying to pan them. Here's to making as much progress as we can before it's time for next month's update! 😸

814 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos206
  • ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif
  • ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg
  • End of Bones.jpg
  • Start of Robbery 23.jpg
  • CT Dec 23.jpg
  • Liners, mascara, misc
  • Blushes and Bronzers
  • Highlighters
  • Highlighters 2