Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Welcome to Year 7 of our Pan It! Challenge ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif

ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃 *this is the number one recommendation for everyone, regardless of how long you’ve been panning! Those photos add up and can help you realize progress you might otherwise overlook.
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Pan It! - 2023 Challenge

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Re: Pan It! - 2024 Challenge

Great job @KeriCherryDee!

An early check in for March progress.

Monthly Summary The speed at which I was going through most of my pan products this year slowed down a bit this month, in large part because I was incorporating other similar products into my routines. 

March All Star(s): Woohoo! 🙌🏼 One lipstick shade panned in the Westman Atelier Lip Suede Lipstick Palette Les Nudes! There’s a lot of product packed in this compact so this felt really good. 😊

Next Month’s Focus

• ND Biba - prairie shade - sit back, folks, this one is gonna take a while to work my way through. I’ve been using a very sheer layer as a setting powder over other eyeshadow shades thanks to @Mellmars1185  suggestion. It’s helped me reach for it more frequently than I would otherwise 
  • Cuticle oil - I was trying out a couple different cuticle oils this month, and as a result, I didn’t see a lot of progress with this one. It’s all good; I’m planning on making this my primary cuticle oil again for April. 

Slow and steadySlow and steady

These will need more attention next monthThese will need more attention next month

These are inching along at a good clipThese are inching along at a good clip

It's going to be a long year for this oneIt's going to be a long year for this one

Hurrah!! I'm mighty happy with all that pan!Hurrah!! I'm mighty happy with all that pan!

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's panning efforts. Have a fabulous weekend! 

@itsfi  Wonderful job🥰

Thank you @Cissy63! It’s definitely about consistency for me this year - slow and steady. 

Looove seeing your progress @itsfi !!! Slow and steady wins the race! 

Thank you @jaaayp! Yes, I am hoping that keeping to a slow and steady pace will pay off in the long run. There are a few that will be going at a much slower pace as far as progress goes but it’s all good. Just have to be consistent with my usage.

@itsfi Holy guacamole 🥑 how did you do that with the lip palette? Amazing! Congratulations 

Haha @blackkitty2014; this was 2 years in the making. 😲 It's the shade I didn't think I'd reach for at all, until I discovered it works really well as a lip primer. So, that's what I've been doing - whether with the shades in the WA palette or other lipsticks. I've also kept it in my purse so that when I reapply after lunch, I primed my lips with that WA shade. Now, comes the hard part - which shade in the palette to work on next? 

I think I have a WA lip palette too. It might go bad already (hopefully not)I need to check @itsfi but I am impressed 😘🌹

I’m actually surprised mine hadn’t / hasn’t gone bad @blackkitty2014. I have been disinfecting it with spritzes of alcohol periodically. 

It’s a great idea actually @itsfi. I need to inspect all my lip palettes 🥰🌹

@itsfi Holy batman look at that pan!!!! Can't wait to see Prairie move along. 

lol, thanks so much @Samtian! It's one of those products that will take you forever and a day to hit pan but once you do, it moves along (fairly) quickly. There's just a ton of product in each shade. Not complaining, just making a note. It's deceptive - the compact looks well, compact, but, my word, it packs the punch in terms of quantity! Quality, too. 

That's great progress! @itsfi 

@lmaster, thank you. 😀 Just chipping away. 

@itsfi I'd call panning an entire shade from the WA (and it looks like you've panned into other shades as well) quite a success!!  

Awww, shucks! Thank you @missjeanie! 😊 It's taken 2 years to hit pan on one shade in that palette. Granted, I haven't been consistent with this one. It wasn't until I started using the shade as a lip primer that I saw more progress. Will try to keep this one in the rotation on a semi-regular basis; maybe as my weekend lippie on weeks when I can't otherwise fit it into a theme for the Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge? We'll see.

@itsfi Make up you want to use up?  Oldest make up in stash?  So many capsule themes!  You're doing great regardless!

Nice work @itsfi! Way to go on the WA palette!

@faeriegirl, thank you! 😀 It feels nice to hit pan on at least one of the shades.

@itsfi Excellent progress! Congrats on panning a shade in the WA Lipstick palette! I am happy that you are able to get a bit more use out of the eyeshadow ☺️

Conversation Stats
Photos201
  • ElleElleG_0-1704168084184.gif
  • ElleElleG_9-1704168647118.jpeg
  • End of Bones.jpg
  • Start of Robbery 23.jpg
  • CT Dec 23.jpg
  • Liners, mascara, misc
  • Blushes and Bronzers
  • Highlighters
  • Highlighters 2
  • Where I will keep all my project pan products