Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2024 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

ElleElleG_1-1712024799681.jpeg

New Year,  New Thread, cheers to Year 10 of the  of the No/Low Buy Thread 🥂🥂

This thread was initially created by the amazing @lnum and this is how she described the purpose of this challenge: 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

Some 2016 insights from lnum:

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in Past Threads? Check here:

Spoiler

Other Challenges/Threads that May Help You/Your Spending Goals

Spoiler

Re: 2024 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Nuuuuuuooooooo @faeriegirl 😢

I've been trying something similar to what @faeriegirl is doing, a limited amount of purchases for the week.   I also tell myself that if it's not a good deal, peace...but I kind of stumbled this week...Eh.  I do better if the purchase is later on in the week I noticed, so if I'm more vigilant about not browsing Sun-Wed, I might fare better.

I did too @danielledanielle mother's day was my legitimate excuse and I will be resetting after this weekend 👀

That sounds reasonable.  I'm about to swerve again, and said today, just start June!  But, y'know what...next week is doable @lmaster .

@danielledanielle @ather @faeriegirl great ideas!!!! I think low buy would be a great way to keep myself sane vs no buy for forever and the binge shop. I think unsubscribing is a good idea too.. but you know the FOMO be 🫠🫠🫠😂😂😂😂 

Thank you guys for the tips! I shall definitely keep these in mind ❤️ 

Unsubscribing definitely helps @jaaayp .

@danielledanielle  That’s so smart! I need to unsubscribe to all the stores I like to shop at. If I don’t see it I don’t know what I am missing. I like the idea of not buying if it’s not a good deal. Or not browsing during certain days. I don’t know if I could limit my purchases to so many a week. I think I would just go overboard. I use to limit my purchases per month which was good too. For now I am going to follow a complete no buy! Hopefully clothing for 8 months and beauty only if I have no back up and I have run out!! 

@danielledanielle  I did really good last week. This week is not looking so good 😬

@faeriegirl  One week at a time! 

We got three more days to hold on, we can do this! @faeriegirl 

@jaaayp  Mmmmm...cookies sound good! 😍

@PrettyPaint it was deliciousness. I ate the whole bag 😂

I have those days too @jaaayp. You got this!

Thank you @faeriegirl ❤️❤️❤️

Maaaaann, I have such an urge to buy something.  There needs to be a name for this, like "haul withdrawal."

I (un)officially started my low buy a week (maybe a week and a half ago), because I realized that while the sale was over, the rush of buying stuff was still there and I needed to chill.  I caved on something, so I figured that's the swan song I needed.

@danielledanielle  I’m sure haul withdrawal is a thing! I feel that too. Maybe once you get past the first week it will get better? 

@ather, I think I'm on my third week, or fourth?  It's actually harder for me.  The first week, I still had stuff on the way, so that helped.

@danielledanielle  Yay good for you!! I find when I make it a few weeks it’s easier for me. But also allowing a few small things is good too. 

Stay strong!!!!!

Every time I see @danielledanielle on any thread, I keep thinking "I really want need to place a Dior order"

I came here to ramble about needing to place a Dior order and boop, here you are. Is it... a sign?

I roam BIC like some type of apparition, so take it as you will @jaaayp 

giphy

A good, amazing apparition @danielledanielle 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • ElleElleG_1-1712024799681.jpeg
  • giphy
testing