Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2024 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

ElleElleG_1-1712024799681.jpeg

New Year,  New Thread, cheers to Year 10 of the  of the No/Low Buy Thread 🥂🥂

This thread was initially created by the amazing @lnum and this is how she described the purpose of this challenge: 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

Some 2016 insights from lnum:

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in Past Threads? Check here:

Spoiler

Other Challenges/Threads that May Help You/Your Spending Goals

Spoiler

Re: 2024 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@danielledanielle love that term!!!

Lol, gonna go update BIC Vernacular now @greeneyedgirl107 😂

@danielledanielle good idea 💡 💡 💡 

my goal is to not buy too much of the same thing 

even if i did my makeup every day, there’s only so much i can use and i don’t need 7 different blushes 

im not going for minimal by any means but i don’t want to buy something if i don’t need it or if its just trending 

🩷💛

@anaaii  You got this!! I catch my self buying x because everyone seems to be raving about it. I get it and it’s usually underwhelming! 

Spoiler

@anaaii me too, I  am using what I have and only purchasing what I need.  ( this won't last long but since the sale I haven't purchased anything)

That is a great plan @anaaii !

Every year I have failed miserably at a low/ no buy. This year I am going to try something different. I want to start with limiting myself to 1 beauty purchase a week and eventually get to 1 per month. Hopefully it will help with impulse buying if I have a limit. Right now I’m very well stocked on haircare, skincare, makeup, and body so I shouldn’t have to restock anything until the fall sale.

@faeriegirl  Stay strong!! 💪 

I'm with you in solidarity, @faeriegirl .  Like I wanna sample things, but have to remind myself I've done enough damage.

Yes! Ive done way too much damage @danielledanielle. Hopefully the new plan works🤞🏻

Today officially is the first day of my NO BUY!!!  🤣🎉🙌 Allegedly..... I'm going to try to stay strong until June 

You got this chica @lmaster 

It's only Saturday 😔 @danielledanielle I've already fought the urge, but I'm Fighting 🤣🙌

You can do it!  Stay strong @lmaster !💪 

Thank you!! So far at good!! Fighting the urge 🙌 @faeriegirl 

@lmaster you can do it, good luck 

Thank you!! @CorgiMommy 

4.15.2024 - Last Day of Sephora Savings Sale 🛍

4.16.2024 - First Day of No/Low Buy 😬 

I picked up a few more things during the Sephora sale than I had originally planned and will be aiming to distract myself from too many future purchases by shopping my stash. 

Here we go!

Good luck @itsfi !

@itsfi me too , trying to remind myself that I have everything I need at this time.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • ElleElleG_1-1712024799681.jpeg
  • giphy
testing