Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

this thread has worked hard and deserves a proper rest. please now post in RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY PART DEUX 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/RANDOM-THOUGHTS-BEAUTY-PART-DEUX/td-p/2461692

Ok so I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. I've also been wanting to start a "random thoughts" thread...but I figured I'd separate the categories so that at least the "beauty" one is on the front page, rather than hidden in off topic. So, have a beauty-related thought but don't think it's worth starting a thread about ? Post it here !

today I got a facial at an extraordinarily nice spa. A real treat. And the results were immediate and truly great. But guys: she pulled out a clarisonic and a foamy cleanser for that first initial cleanse, and I nearly had a heart attack. Great for a lot of people but most of you know how I feel about those things !!!!!! Overall, as I said, it was great and my skin is happy. But sheesh.

SWATCH REQUEST THREAD HERE: http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

(have fun wasting even more time in the...) VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD !!  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/td-p/1826210

RANDOM BEAUTY FACTS ABOUT YOU THREAD !

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Random-Beauty-Facts-About-You/td-p/2409264

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY

I'm realizing the same thing. I just hit 5000 this week. 

No shame in it, Mocha, and we're awfully glad you're here. 🙂

Aw, thanks girl!  Group hug!! 😄

I'm on a rose kick.

image.jpeg

You inspired me to pull out my PTR rose mask and I must say that I smell delicious right now because I remembered a tub of Lush's Jasmine and Henna Fluff Ease hair mask so now I have that and the rose mask on.  🙂

Heaven!

Would you recommend the PTR rose mask over the Fresh one? I've been wanting a nice moisturizing mask that isn't heavy. I've been using a mini jar of the Fresh and it's been good to me so far.

You know, I've never used the fresh one. I have a foil of it, so I can try it soon. I def prefer the price of the PTR though 😉

Love rose.  You need some of my rose balm.

So I recently got a small jar of the PTR Rose Mask (it was in the little set with the different three masks -- so cute), and I tried it today and ... wasn't impressed. I know you and a few other BTers rave about it, so I'm wondering if maybe I did it wrong/there's a better way to use it? I put it on clean skin for 15 minutes. Should I leave it on for longer?  I felt like I put on a pretty generous amount, but maybe I need to use more?

Well, the first time I used the mask it was when my skin was rather stressed (a recovering breakout, pretty severely dehydrated despite my best efforts). When I put it on I felt instant and sustainable relief. I also had it on for at least 30 minutes if not longer. 

Since that initial use, I've used it a couple ways. If I'm using it as part of a "facial", I cleanse my face, then use either a clay mask or peel, go in with the PTR , leave it on for however long I feel (30 min to an hour usually?) and then go in with a facial massage with oil then moisturizer. If I'm using it in my daily routine I put the mask on after using something like my FAB pads.

its really helped me (and not because of any "stem cell" mumbo jumbo but because it's genuinely hydrating and my skin likes the rose oils). But if you find your skin is rather normal....I can understand why it would feel a bit "meh". But I definitely recommend trying it for longer, and giving it a shot when and if your skin ever feels stressed.

Good pointers, thank you! 🙂

Two things; I use this either as an overnight mask when my face is feeling dehydrated, or after I've done a peel.

I find just using it on its own for 15 minutes doesn't give me a lot of oomph either.

Thanks, Mocha! 😄

Good to know - thank you!  I just bought the set of minis too.

Jemly - have you tried the korres wild rose line?  Would be interested in your thought - I tried them, in a sampler and full size serum/night cream.  The textures were great but I didn't feel that they were very effective.  

Hey sfm ! I tried the wild rose vit c sleeping facial, and really likes it initially. But I ended up deciding it was too heavy for my skin. I know heartsmyface loves the stuff--and she has great skin to attest for it ! I may give it another go sometime 

I love the sleeping facial!  It should be too heavy for my skin but surprisingly, it's not.  I like the cleanser as well but not the 24 hour moisturizer.

Thanks - good to know.  I agree that it felt very heavy - even the serum felt like it just sat on my skin and I am dry!

I love rose in skin care! I used to hate anything rose scented for the longest time. Last year I don't know what happened but I totally fell in love with it! 

I wasn't into roses either until a couple years ago I had--of all things--a rose cappuccino. It was delicious and it reworded REWIRED  my brain.

....edited because of autocorrect. I miss my computer.

OMG a rose cappuccino sounds like the most beautiful thing I've never known was missing from my life until this moment...

3 Replies
testing