THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

[ Edited ]

@alexasteph sorry it took so long! I did the best I could, but you know how hard it is to swatch highlighters haha. Here is diamond dust compared to the other similar highlighters I have.

IMG_6236.JPG

L to R: LG charming pink, diamond dust, becca amethyst, MAC soft frost, colourpop hippo

After looking at them all in the sunlight, diamond dust does seem to have the most shimmer and is very slightly less smooth than charming pink. I wouldn't say any are dupes for it in color. 

(0) Hearts

@ShannonAlexis Thank you very much! It does look gorgeous doesn't it! That slight shift is everything. I may need to add this one to my collection then. 

(0) Hearts

Could anyone compare NARS Impassioned and Benefit Dandelion blushes? I already have Impassioned and Temptalia lists Dandelion as a dupe.. but I can't really tell.

(0) Hearts

Does anyone have swatches of the new Becca Bali Sands bronzer?  It would be *amazing* if someone could swatch compare it to Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil or MJ Coconut Omega!

I have swatches of the MJ Coconut bronzer and Bali Sands (and a few others...) @Madeline7 Smiley Happy 

There are taken indoors, by a window. To me, the MJ bronzer looks more brown than Bali Sands.

1.jpg

Top to bottom:

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow bronzer

Hourglass Nude Bronze Light bronzer

Tom Ford Terra bronzer

MJ Coconut O!Mega bronzer

Becca Bali Sands bronzer

Size by side of Bali Sands (left) and MJ's Coconut bronzer (right):

Spoiler
11.jpg

(0) Hearts

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy  thank you!!!  this is awesome @Asche!

Right now the only bronzer I own is the MJ one.  I love the texture but I wanted to try something lighter...is the glitter in the Becca one noticeable when worn?  

@Madeline7 I don't notice any glitter in Bali Sands at all! Even in the pan I barely see any glitter at all. It looks really soft and natural on my skin, definitely not shimmery/glittery. Smiley Happy

@Madeline7 I don't have Bali Sands but from swatches I've seen online it's lighter than both, but definitely closer to the Milk Chocolate. Here is temptalia's swatch of the coconut bronzer and Bali Sands.

IMG_0136.PNG

[ Edited ]

Made a quick stop at Nordies to check out the new Guerlain Birthday Candle Meteorites and Baby glow touch Stick Luminizer. 

There wasn't an SA at the counter so I could not ask if the Stick is meant to be used under/over foundation, or if its kinda like a blush/highlight (depending what side of the stick used more I guess) since it sheers out quite a bit once blended out. The finish doesn't seem to be tacky just a satin like glow. The scent is just like the pearls. 6g of product iirc.

Still on the fence if I need this since I am not sure how it looks on my skin, I like the glow but the individual colours look kinda ashy..Hope this kinda helps I know a couple people asked if I get it or swatch it. @lachaton @twilightnicky

Not the best lighting but here are swatches:

Left/top is the stick swirled and swiped, rest are the 3 individual colors (pink, lilac, white).

Screenshot_20170507-010548.jpg

Screenshot_20170507-010628.jpg

So helpful, @Anewxa, thank you! I'm not sure how I'd use it yet. Hopefully I'll be able to swing by my counter and speak to the SA to see her thoughts Smiley Happy I like the colours of this stick, though.

@lachaton I do like the swirled effect..but I want to know more about the product as well, on me it is most likely just going to be highlight..let me know if you swatch this/thoughts and what the SA's suggested usage is Smiley Happy 

[ Edited ]

Some unsolicited swatches.

NUDESTIX Nudies all over face Colorado Matte. The formula is not powdery like Bite multisticks but a lot more creamy and glides on smoothly. 

L-R : Bare Back, In The Nude, Naughty N' Spice, Bondi Bae

IMG_6594.JPG

[ Edited ]

I also tried these Nudies Nudestix at the store today. So glad they are quite different than the multisticks as those were brutally dry on me..This, I was able to wear comfortably on the lips..and it is quite pigmented for the eyes/cheeks. Not tacky and dries down a bit but I will say that like any such product this can be prone to creasing on the lids so maybe setting with a powder may be required. I loved thw shades In the nude and naughty n spice on me. 

Thanks for the swatches, @fatimamummy. I was eying this product but I couldn't find many reviews since it's a new product. I like the stuff I tried from Nudestix so will look into getting one of them when there's a sale!

Thank you for these! I've been looking for a shade like In The Nude Smiley Happy

Thank you @fatimamummy!  I want to pick up a few of these to try out since I love the Bite Multisticks so much and these swatches are very helpful! 

[ Edited ]

Cross-posting. MJ Omega Tan Tastic bronzer on me. I thought this was not supposed to be orange and so warm. And not so muddy. Ugh...

The formula and the finish are fantastic, though!

mjtantastic2.jpg

(0) Hearts

@lyravega I see what you mean about the color, totally different on you than me. Have you seen the EL x VB collab? They have a new bronzer shade called Saffron Sun that might replace this one. 

[ Edited ]

@lyravega is this the coconut one? I'm sorry this doesn't work for you Smiley Sad. In the store (and when I got outside to walk to my car) it wasn't orange or muddy on me at all. I *thought* I talked to you about this one. I feel terrible Smiley Sad.

@niki172 Yes, it is the coconut one. No need to feel terrible. It looks different on us, and that is not your "fault" by any means. My mind was already set on it, anyway. It didn't look orange one bit in any photos I've seen online before purchasing. And by asking here on BT, I just wanted a "confirmation" that it is fair skin friendly ( not too dark/subtle enough ). It didn't look orange in the pan, either. But, once on my face... Oh, boy! So very muddy, orange and wrong. I have that problem with most bronzers. So, please don't feel bad about any of it. You said it is light enough for fair skin, and that is totally true! It can be very subtle used with a fluffy brush.