Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

WHY YOU SHOULD OPT FOR ORGANIC SKINCARE

Ask-Carla1-768x512.png

GET GUTSY WITH CARLA

As our body’s largest organ, our skin – like our bellies – needs to be nourished with clean, pure, wholefood ingredients in order to stay healthy. That’s why applying topical treatments that are neither organic, nor natural, can affect to our overall toxicity levels – contributing to both gut and skin health issues.

By opting for organic, natural skincare, however, you can help to nurture and boost your skin’s own ability to regulate and rejuvenate.

DID YOU KNOW OUR SKIN HAS ITS OWN MICROBIOME?

Our skin (like our gut) has its very own microbiome, that acts as our protector against pathogens, irritation and inflammation. Essentially, our skin is also our immune system’s first line of defence so it’s important to keep our skin’s natural barrier robust and healthy.

Commercial cleansers and harsh exfoliators however, can strip the skin of its natural oils, as well as beneficial and pathogenic bacteria. As our skin is also porous, any chemical or topical treatment we apply may be absorbed into our bloodstream.

There are loads of chemicals to try and steer clear of, but some of the most common offenders include parabens, synthetic colours and fragrances, phthalates, and sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS).

CHOOSE ORGANIC, BOTANICAL INGREDIENTS INSTEAD.

When selecting your topical skincare, it’s best to keep things simple. Choose products that are derived from wholefoods and botanical ingredients which are more gentle and designed to nourish and feed your skin. As I often say, if you can’t pronounce an ingredient – or you wouldn’t eat it – don’t put it on your skin.

What are your top skin secrets? We’d love to know!

Re: WHY YOU SHOULD OPT FOR ORGANIC SKINCARE

I agree.  I use clean natural skincare products.  

@TheBeautyChef  this is why I don't use body lotion...although getting older and drier, and also wanting to help all the blemish marks, makes me rethink that.  I saw one by juice beauty that I wanted to try...

this is also why I hate this car-centric society, and how no one seems to want to examine the effects it has, despite examining every other area of society and life and health...

@TheBeautyChef i love using cucumbers on my eyes for fatigued eyes and aloe vera on dry skin.  I also take omega 3 supplements for dry skin and eyes. My skin had become sensitive, so i try to keep it from being aggravated with too many products. Have you heard of the advice about not washing your face in the AM to protect the oils you produce? 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • Ask-Carla1-768x512.png
testing