Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

Best beauty to use during cancer treatments?!?!

UPDATE: 4/10/2023

CANCER FREE!!!

I want to thank those of you that sent advice and hearts and well-wishes. ❣️ I loved the oil in the fridge idea- and OH MY GOSH- lemme tell you, it made a world of difference in a time where I was scrounging for ANY shred of peace haha

I debated just deleting this post, but I see how many other people have gotten use of it- so, I’m gonna leave it up ; again- the comments made me overwhelmed with ❤️ at how positive and helpful people can be instead of being judged!

Original Post:

So, I'm battling my FOURTH round of brain cancer and I'm just sick of trying to get all dolled up every day haha. The last time I gave up on makeup completely, the first two times I never stopped the full face makeup- even while in the hospital bed rofl. I'm looking for any recommendations to help with the dullness, the ever changing skin shades, the super sensitive skin, etc. I just want to feel pretty: but without all the work. Ya know?!?! 

Re: Best beauty to use during cancer treatments?!?!

@Zoeylove88 That is great news!!! 

That is so awesome @Zoeylove88! CONGRATULATIONS!!!🎉🎊 

Great great news! Thank you for sharing this update, I am so happy for you! @Zoeylove88 

@Zoeylove88 Congrats!!!

@Zoeylove88 that is the best news. So thrilled for you, go celebrate!

Yes really there is no doubt in it ...

Best wishes for a complete recovery.  You are in my prayers 

So, are we doing radiation or chemo? When my father was undergoing radiation treatments for his brain cancer, I felt like his skin was burnt and dry and crispy (it’s radiation!) and so what I did was put oil in the refrigerator and I rubbed it on his head twice a day (he was undergoing chemo as well so he had no hair). Josie Maran is my fav! The oil helped to hydrate in the coldness of being in the refrigerator helped to soothe. 

Cancer sucks, kick it’s ass!!

I think you did the right thing to do the oil is very good that remove the dryness and smooth the skin ...

@Zoeylove88 I'm not an expert in beauty products so not very helpful, but just wanted to send you my best wishes for a good recovery 💞

I found that GLAMGLOW GLOWSTARTER™ Mega Illuminating Moisturizer helped with dull skin during my cancer treatment. Hope your treatment is giving you the outcome you’re hoping for. 

I think it is very good finds for you...

Hi! Firstly, I wish you a quick and successful recovery!  I love that you are prioritizing YOU in all of this.  With that said, I would recommend #ILIA brand for clean and very effortless makeup.  I love their foundation for the coverage but it also has a moisturizing serum mixed in and my face LOVES it.  I have rosacea so my skin landscape is ever changing and pretty moody and their products are really light and versatile.  It's also SPF 40!

All the best to you!

Best of luck ...

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 35 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing