Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

๐Ÿ˜˜ Thank You Team BIC/Sephora, Sol de Janeiro, Drunk Elephant, Replica, & Living Proof ๐Ÿ˜˜

Last week I came home to a BIC Christmas on my front doorstep ๐Ÿ˜ฏ.WaterMark_2019-02-13-22-47-38.jpg

WaterMark_2019-02-16-16-36-34.jpg

WaterMark_2019-02-16-16-43-10.jpg

Wow, thank you so much @TeamBIC for sending these amazing gifts! I love trying new things, particularly from new-to-me brands. I'll be sure keep you all updated on how these products work for me..  In the meantime I'll just say at least two items smell delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

*Forgive me for possibly starting a repeat thread. I searched high and low to see if someone had started one already and I came up short ๐Ÿ™ƒ*

Re: ๐Ÿ˜˜ Thank You Team BIC/Sephora, Sol de Janeiro, Drunk Elephant, Replica, & Living Proof ๐Ÿ˜˜

@ElleElleG  Glad your skin is recovering. I learnt the same way after couple of mishaps. I put first layer of b-hydra+consonant Hydra and then mix Lala Retro+A-Passioni and apply to buffer my skin as much as possible. cutback on the amount also (1/2 or 3/4 pea size) and that helped me. If you have Squalane Oil, you might wanna use that. I was doing some more research today and looks like Squalane can help.

@missjeanie  I tried to use A-Passioni with just 1 day gap in between and my skin is definitely complaining today (peeling and dry) so I think I will just stick to 2x week routine, that has been working for me, for next couple of months to build tolerance, before I increase frequency.

Re: ๐Ÿ˜˜ Thank You Team BIC/Sephora, Sol de Janeiro, Drunk Elephant, Replica, & Living Proof ๐Ÿ˜˜

Thanks for these tips @naturalooks15  !!  I glanced your message shortly after you responded and started to mix the B Hydra with the Apassioni before applying it on my face (I've used more of the AP than necessary so I need to reduce the amount like you noted).  After a few moments I add the nighttime moisturizer I'm trying to finish on top.

That blemish following first use has all but disappeared now and the skin in that little section, which had prior damage that took ~3 years to correct, is looking better than ever.  I had some terrible ice pick scars that my chemical peel helped repair over time but I never thought it could look this smooth ever again.

This is my first week upping the frequency @missjeanie (now a 2x).  I can't see myself using it more than that at this particular moment but we shall see.

So glad @ElleElleG  that you figured it out and liking the results of A-Passioni.

i cautiously used it this week while traveling and did not experience any dryness, also used TLC Framboos with 1 day gap. But I continue to saturate with the Consonant Hydraextreme. Also, I am in much more moist environment/area during my travel rather than the dry climate in my home town and skin here is doing pretty well. I am amazed at how supple and flakefree my skin is here even though I skipped night time skin routine couple of days. 

@naturalooks15Great advice for applying the APassioni.  I might try to mix some oil into my routine tonight.  Sounds like a good idea to be patient and build up tolerance.  Peeling skin is not a fun thing!  I hope the dryness gets under control quick! 

Oh no @ElleElleG !  Well I'm glad that your skin is recovered now.  Did you 'cut' the retinol with alot of moisturizer? 

@missjeanie I did the retinol first then the mini B Hydra on top.  Which may have been my slip up: not mixing and then applying?

@ElleElleGI'm not sure that the order matters so much as the amount and the products.  Did you use anything other than BHydra after the retinol?  I'd look at the BHydra as more of a hydration boosting serum, and use that, plus a good dollop of a heavy moisturizer.  I have dryer skin to start with but I still use the BHydra and two pumps of DE lala with the retinol.  I use two pumps of the bhydra and one of the lala right when i put it on, then another pump of the lala right before bed, maybe a half hour later.  I've also been doing a hydrating mask before I put the retinol on most nights.  I think the extra moisturizers is really key for me with dry skin and retinol making it even more so.

@missjeanie Thank you @eshoe  and @naturalooks15 for the insights you all have provided about this journey into retinol land.

I definitely was NOT using enough moisturizer in combination with the retinol.  My skin is pretty oily so I tend to use light moisturizers, if any, at night and I started the AP in the same manner.  Fortunately I do not believe using it this way dried me out but I was also only using it 1x/week for 2-3 (?) weeks before getting yall's pointers about upping the moisture.  I'm on the right track now though ๐Ÿ˜

@naturalooks15Sounds awesome!  I was just thinking about suspending use of my other acids at night to go every night with the APassioni.  I think the masking I've been doing 5-6 nights a week has helped a lot with hydration for my already dry skin.  Granted I've been using a retinol every third night for a while now, so I think I had some tolerance already built from that.  Glad to know you're seeing results with texutre, that's what I'm hoping for!

@eshoe @ElleElleG  I've been using the DE A-Passioni for a few weeks now, every third day.  I had one day where I woke up and my skin was a bit dryer than normal (my skin is very dry/dehydrated in the winter) and I had a couple of flakes.  I've only had one small break out since being on this, and that was mother nature related.  I haven't seen a difference in my pores at all, but I do think I'm seeing a small difference in the texture on my skin.  I get these little bumps on my skin, that look like a small pimple, but aren't.  They just sit there for months and months.  My dermatologist has told the name for them, but I forget at the moment.  I think those might have been going down a bit (something she's told me that retinol will help with).  I was using a prescription retinol before I received the DE, so that could be why I haven't had any breakout issues.  I actually think the DE may have helped out with my mother nature induced breakout by helping the spots go away a bit faster than normal.

Interesting feedback on the DE @missjeanie. I have noticed a change in the texture of my skin as well. I havenโ€™t noticed any patchiness or extra dry skin yet, but then again Iโ€™ve been piling on the moisturizer and oils like nobodyโ€™s business ๐Ÿ˜„

@eshoeI only had the one day with the extra dryness, and I really do believe that was my fault.  lol I'm pretty sure I was on auto-pilot and put on a good dime size glob of the Passioni that night.  Ooopps!

๐Ÿ˜ฑ oh no @missjeanie ! Thatโ€™s a LOT! 

Right lol... I take full responsibility for my bit of flakes the next day... can't blame that on the product lol Any flakes were gone by the end of the day with a bit of TLC. @eshoe 

Iโ€™m starting to kinda not be afraid of it @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

It's sounding like you've had a WAY better experience with the retinol this time around @eshoe  !  I'm contemplating trying it out every night for a bit to see if I notice a difference that way.  I know it's only been a few weeks but I'm anxious to see what this baby can do!

Yes, @missjeanie -Iโ€™m going to bump it up next week to 3x a week. Makes a world of difference when you ease into something like this rather than the shock I was probably giving my skin by applying it directly every night๐Ÿ˜‚

A huge congrats on being selected, @ElleElleG !  Would love to hear your thoughts on everything, once you have had the chance to give it a proper try.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks @MlleCC  !  I'm doing my homework on the Drunk Elephant retinol product, hoping to use it for the first time tonight!

Congrats @ElleElleG!!!

Edit: Iโ€™m sorry.

@skcfan  Yes @eshoe did start a thread, it's okay though, clearly we can all see duplicates are allowed lol *bot joke* 

68 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • WaterMark_2019-02-13-22-47-38.jpg
  • WaterMark_2019-02-16-16-36-34.jpg
  • WaterMark_2019-02-16-16-43-10.jpg
testing