Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

Hello beautiful people! Although many of you are familiar with the Beauty Insider Community – aka the BIC - we wanted to give some tips on how to navigate if you are new around here!

If you are new, first of all, we want to welcome you to Sephora’s Beauty Insider Community, your one-stop destination to share beauty advice, inspiration, news, and recommendations with real people in real time. We want you to feel comfortable in the BIC, so in the video above, Team BIC members @KatieBT and @BrendaBT outline the first 3 basic steps to get started.

Step 1:

First step, let’s work on your Profile! Pick a user name, add a photo, and tell us more about you!

Step 2:

Join groups! Head to the Groups page to browse and join different groups that speak to you and find conversations based on your beauty interests.

Step 3:

Introduce yourself in our latest New Member Monday thread, which we feature  the first Monday of every month! Need a little help figuring out how to post a reply or start a new thread in Community? No problem - check out our thread How to Post in Community thread and video.

This Community is a place for friendly discussion, questions, photo sharing, product recommendations, sharing experiences, and connecting with other beauty lovers like yourself – whether you’re a pro or a newbie, or somewhere in between.

We’re so excited you’re here! If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to ask -- this community LOVES to help.

Now, which part of the BIC are you most excited to explore?  Let us know by hitting the reply button below!

Re: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

Ooooh I'm reading some great tips here @Jerrius82 

I think a solid starting routine is wash, moisturize and spf and you can expand from there ‌😁

What are you're skin concerns? If you know what you want from your routine it is easier to build. Target fine lines, texture, drynes, redness etc..

For make up, starting with mascara, a tinted lip balm and and a neutral eye shadow palette is a great start to get your toes back in the water and see what you like ‌😁‌ 

#ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr PATRICK STARRR Visionary Eyeshadow Palette 15 x 0.05 oz for example, is on sale right now , and has a lot of colours to play with that are everyday wearable. 

Starting with a mini size in mascara is a less expensive way to try new things, i like #MILK MAKEUP Mini KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.13 oz/ 4 mL for its fluffy brush 😁

What are you using right now? 

@Jerrius82 @I am also 40. What do you use in your normal skin care routine. Some basic staples for makeup are a tinted moisturizer, concealer, powder, blush, mascara, brow pencil, and lip oil. 

@Jerrius82 I find a mascara and lipstick is a great place to start for makeup. I really like The Ordinary for skincare and Sephora Collection for makeup. They have a wide range of products at a reasonable price.

Totally new to this platform, Hence firtsly a very big HELLO to the entire BIC. I am so glad to be a part of this revolution. 

My motive to join here is just like others but with a small difference. I am not high on make up but to have a healthy skin. Hence would like your help in suggestions for different skin care and hair care. 

As and when any new updates come it would be of great help that we as a team help each other for bringing a change. 

Than You so much SEPHORA for this platform. 

Looking for tips for someone like me who uses only eyeliner in the mornings. No powder or foundation except occasional forehead powder (mask wearing all day, healthcare job).

specifically looking for:

- skin care routine tips (I currently wash my face and apply vitamin C / hyaluronic acid then face cream nightly and that’s it. Water wash in am)—the under eye circles are kickin in with age, tho!

- light makeup suggestions- should I be using the makeup sponge thing to apply a light foundation? I used to use NARS foundation and Mac dry powder foundation. Now— nothing. 😬

Try a tinted moisturizer like Laura mercier or a serum based like ilia or saie 

The best deals and promotions, offers, as well as product review and advice. I want to know what new products are the best in each category and best way to use product. I wanna know everything, how to find classes and store events and just all the latest of whats going on at sephora. I have been shopping at sephora for a long time and never knew this existed , I didn't even know about the insider program until last year. But I am so excited , maybe a little obsessed with SEPHORA!!! 

Excited to explore the Groups!

I am most interested in skincare! It's the foundation for your beauty whether it's the face or body. Products layered on a beautiful complexion is ideal!🤗

20211208_082526.jpg

You look great! What skincare do you use?

You look good,…keep it up 

Helpful Beauty Pointers and Good Product Recommendations 👄💄💅😊

Love the Getting Started Video!! Worked with most with my Profile although not Tech Goddess just basic!!

I know very little about make up. I actually don't wear it everyday but would like to learn how to apply it properly.

@LisaMF63 you can sign up for free masterclasses we post here Virtual Masterclass Thread 

i’m excited to explore effective ways to clean my skin up and start fresh! 

Good way to word it ! Start Fresh ! It's all a process and steps I've realized.  Its important to know what your skin needs likes and wants are too. Makes a huge difference.  I'm still slowly learning my own personal correct care. Good Luck on your journey..

inbound4226694150995866449.jpg

I'm glad that I can become a part of this community!!

@ElisabethDawin @Welcome to BIC!

testing