cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: March 2020 Edition!

GeorginaBT monthly favs Mar2020.jpeg

Hey there, BIC! With March slowly coming to an end, it’s now time for us to share all the beauty products we’ve been loving this month. I’m sure many of us are grappling with rapidly changing circumstances nowadays, but I am very grateful for a few key products that have been helping me keep up with my #selfcare and maintain a sense of normalcy. 😅 This month we're changing things up because self-care could not be more important at this time. Be sure to add your self-care savior(s) to your list, and see below for mine!

Here are my March favorites:

My self-care savior: VOLUSPA Panjore Lychee Home Diffuser 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

What products have you been leaning on lately? Remember to tag your favorites in a response below and call out your self-care savior! Make sure to show and tell. 😊

Re: Monthly Favorites: March 2020 Edition!

What a month. It started out with the death of my next door neighbor and shortly afterwards became the pandemic. I did receive two separate gratis packages which totally cheered me up! In fact many of those items will be mentioned in my March Favorites.

LANCôME - L'Absolu Mademoiselle Lip Balm - 6 Cosy Cranberry What a pretty color. It is the perfect solution during the pandemic because I cannot keep reapplying lip products. I am trying not to touch to my face. It leaves a nice stain behind. It is fairly moisturizing.

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Glow Lip Pop This is a hybrid product. One coat exfoliates my lips and if I add an additional coat it is a bright pink. The product reminds me of IT Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Balm Treatment Je Ne Sais Quoi.

LILAH B. - Aglow™ Priming Oil What I like about this is the subtle glow this gives my skin. I even wear this on my days off from work.

BECCA - Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder Mini

I learned about this setting powder while waiting in line to checkout at Sephora. The person behind me was purchasing this product and she could not stop raving about it. I definitely see why. Even if I over apply it, it is never cakey. I just brush away the excess. I do not notice any shine on my face.

SEPHORA COLLECTION - PRO Foundation Brush 7t7t7t56has replaced my Beauty Blender for the moment for foundation application. I am trying to finish my foundations before I purchase anything else. 

Looks like I can not tag anything else but the foundation brush is 56. I liked the 96 blush brush to apply my Nars Orgasm Blush and the 59 powder brush to apply the Becca powder.

Everybody please stay safe.

Hi @GeorginaBT  and everybody,

March! The never ending month! I definitely made up my chocolate intake from February in March. 

I loved the FRESH - Sugar Lip Caramel Hydrating Balm. This stuff is DIVINE! Smells so good and feels so great on the lips! 

I also loved the BECCA - Skin Love Glow Elixir. This serum makes my skin so glowy and also smells so good! It is not to heavy in fragrance but it smells really fresh! It is great before make up application.

I also loved the ALPHA-H - Liquid Gold Exfoliating Treatment. It really has helped smooth my texture skin and evened my skin out. 

I have been burning candles like crazy and really enjoyed the VOLUSPA - Spiced Goji & Tarocco Orange Glass Jar Candle. It smelled so good! 

I hope you all are staying safe and indoors! Puzzles and Netflix have been keeping my busy. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT love voluspa and fresh!! 💗

@JaneanBT, the Fresh caramel balm is amazing isn’t it?!! 😍 So great to hear you are liking the Alpha-H; it’s been on my list since before Sephora started carrying the brand. There are just so many great acids/exfoliants out on the market; I’ll pick it up one of these days. 🛍 

@itsfi It is I think my favorite lip balm! So good! 

@itsfi @JaneanBT I've had one of the Caramel FRESH - Sugar Hydrating Lip Balms in my lip balm stash for so long and I finally just opened it this week since I'd used up a couple of my other balms.  I'd forgotten just how good it was!  It REALLY makes me want to buy the new Watermelon one :).

Hi @CookieGirl1 ,

I definitely want to try all the other flavors now! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@CookieGirl1, I think you’d like the Fresh watermelon balm, and the blood orange version too. I haven’t opened up the lime one yet, maybe after I’ve made a dent in these other two flavors. 😉 

@itsfi I'm not a huge fan of orange flavored things but definitely the Watermelon and the Lime flavor IF it isn't heavy on the mint.  You'll have to let me know once you open yours :).

What a month!! surprise surprise this was a skincare heave month for me. Here are some of my March faves. 

CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Anti Dark Spot Serum

KORA Organics Turmeric Brightening Pore Scrub + Exfoliating Mask 3.38 oz / 100 mL aka my new fave face mask

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Skin Gel Cleanser with Prebiotics

Anastasia Beverly Hills Medium Hold Clear Brow Gel Clear

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original

I love that Sephora Collection cleanser @KatieBT! 💗💕 Does a great job at a fabulous price!! It makes my skin feel so clean without drying it out and I love the fresh faced brightness it gives my complexion! 

March Faves: 

PHILOSOPHY - Senorita Margarita Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath what a great pick me up scent this shower gel is. 

Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml The answer to my mascara dreams, this vase is amazing. 

La Mer The Powder 0.28 oz/ 8 g I went from hardly using it to tossing my Charlotte Tilbury aside in favour of using The Powder whenever I’ve applied make up this month. It’s so smooth. 

Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment 1.7 oz / 50 ml I’ve hopped back on my good genes loving train. I really love this stuff though my feelings about SR are less then great. 

*grabs to buy list and adds extra *** next to La Mer powder and note “@GG84  likes this more than CT powder” 💗

I’ve had my eye on the powder for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger ... yet. The next sale seems like an opportune time to pick it up. 🤔 

RE: Monthly Favorites: March 2020 Edition!

Right now I’m enjoying the glow recipe moisturizer; shiseido eye cream; 111skin serum. Just simple skincare products @GeorginaBT oh and some lip balm product from sugar

Re: RE: Monthly Favorites: March 2020 Edition!

Those are beautiful skincare favorites @idanyd! 💗💕

My March favorites: 

March 2020 favorites: mostly skincare, with a little hair and makeup thrown in.March 2020 favorites: mostly skincare, with a little hair and makeup thrown in.

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL - I chose this as my 2020 birthday gift (mini set with the Briogeo charcoal scrub shampoo), used it up, and bought this slightly larger mini to try a few more times. My kinky coily hair loves this stuff so much, I just used a $100 Rouge Reward toward the jumbo tub. 😄 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Sheer Mineral Sun Spray SPF 50 4 oz - Best mineral sunscreen ever for my face. It’s very easy to apply and blend to a completely invisible natural skin finish on my deep skin tone. It doesn’t irritate my skin or eyes, so I can use it all around my orbital bone. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #19 - Part of the brush set I received as gratis from Sephora, and my favorite brush of the bunch. It’s the best synthetic crease brush I’ve ever used on my hooded eyes. I love it so much, I bought a second one. EDIT: forgot to include the photo! 

The washed one fluffed out a bit beyond its tapered shape, but the taper’s still there.The washed one fluffed out a bit beyond its tapered shape, but the taper’s still there.
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Mask Stick (Charcoal) - Aside from the too-strong scent of powdered detergent + old school aftershave, this is a great little clay mask. It never dries down within the 5-10 minutes I wear it, so it’s very comfy for my combo skin. The stick format makes it super easy to apply and very convenient for travel. I bought a bunch of these and keep one in my shower. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Lip Balm & Scrub (Dragonfruit) - The only one of the 3 exfoliating versions I love. Another great candidate for my travel skincare kit. Does what it’s supposed to do, smells (and tastes) good doing it, and doesn’t dry my lips out at all. 

FRESH - Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm (Blood Orange) - Smells SO good. SOOOO good. Also quite moisturizing, with a very slight reddish tint—but seriously, if you love the scent of blood oranges like I do, you need this balm in your life. 

NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate - I’ve used it nearly all of March. It’s gradually softening lines below my eyes and reducing some of the bumpy alligator skin in my tear troughs. It quickly de-puffs my undereyes. And since I need such a tiny amount to get all around my orbital bones, the bottle should last a good long while. 

Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing Toner - I didn’t expect to love this, but it really is very moisturizing on my dry zones and helps my dehydrated oily zone. It reminds me a lot of the sheet mask serum from this Frudia line, which I also love.  

Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting BHA 9 - New-to-me this month, and hands down the best acne spot treatment I’ve ever used. Since I’m allergic to benzoyl peroxide, skin-sensitive to tea tree oil (I can use it, but not frequently enough to effectively treat acne) and can’t stomach the smell of sulfur treatments, my OTC acne options are quite limited. This 9% salicylic acid treatment gets the job done. 

GUCCI - Rouge à Lèvres Gothique Metallic Lipstick (shades Charlotte Blue and Princess Olga Green) - On this month’s very few foraging adventures, both these shades have been fun to wear. For me, they’re a good mix of normal-for-me (I love blue and teal lipsticks) and “things are weird so what the heck, let’s get a little fancy-pants without going all out on any other makeup.” This is a very comfy lipstick formula that performs much better than I expected. I’ll probably order at least one more shade soon. 

@WinglessOne So happy to hear you've been loving your new PRO brush! Also, TBH I totally forgot the jumbo tub of Don't Despair, Repair! existed ... very tempting ... Must finish off my stash and I think that's the best route to go when I repurchase. 

Seems like everyone has been loving FRESH - Sugar Hydrating Lip Balm - it's gonna be so hard for me to narrow down the scent I want, but I'll definitely consider Blood Orange in the running. 😄 

@GeorginaBT  Oooooorrrrr, you could buy multiple scents of the Fresh Sugar Hydrating Balm... I mean, not to encourage or enable more spending or anything... 😈 I bought the watermelon scent a couple days after I got the blood orange scent. 

Yes to the Fresh blood orange lip balm @WinglessOne! Smells sooo good! 😍 I think a corresponding (and like scented) lip scrub would be an excellent next product... or maybe a body scrub or lotion or ... anything with that scent! ❤️🧡

@WinglessOne  Ahhhh I want to add another favorite for March!!!  The Sephora Pro 70 foundation brush!!   It blends foundation seamlessly every time!  No streaks to be seen and such even coverage!  I am blown away by it and have stopped using beauty blenders and I love beauty blenders!  I love all the other brushes but it’s my absolute favorite one and like nothing I already own.  Thank you once again @TeamBIC  

Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • GeorginaBT monthly favs Mar2020.jpeg
  • IMG_1262.jpg
  • 474AFED2-1B75-473B-84B6-C0E37CAEFEA9.jpeg
  • 309ACFBE-2775-405D-A0BB-D95B2AE60FA2.jpeg
  • 68E7CCF4-6095-43BC-B80E-F2D19990C6D4.jpeg
  • EE4B84AD-0075-4C4B-8913-F66B8148480E.jpeg
  • 9A2C64EA-1D0B-4204-A172-44B2E44BC1E4.jpeg
  • March 2020 favorites: mostly skincare, with a little hair and makeup thrown in.
  • The washed one fluffed out a bit beyond its tapered shape, but the taper’s still there.
testing