Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: January 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT Jan 2021 favorites.PNG

Hope your year is off to a fabulous start, BIC! Is it just me, or did January fly by? 👀 At the beginning of the new year, I cracked open a couple new beauty buys that I instantly fell in love with and am now shouting out below, along with some oldies-but-goodies. The Beauty Insider Community wants to hear from you – what beauty products have you been loving this month? Share any makeup, skincare, hair, fragrance, or wellness faves that stood out the most.

Here are my January favorites:

Hit the “Reply” button below and tag your favorite beauty products from the month of January! Remember to type the “#” symbol before each product so other members can click on your favorites for more info.

Re: Monthly Favorites: January 2021 Edition!

@Loretta55 Have you tried the NARS pro prime NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base ?  It's been a favourite for me with more oily eyelids.  

I tried that primer years ago @missjeanie . Unfortunately my eyeshadow creased so I returned it. Maybe I will give it another try in the future because it may have been reformulated since I tried it.

@Loretta55  I actually didn't find the need for a primer. My eyelids definitely aren't oily, though. Funny enough, the smashbox you mentioned is one of my favorites! I also frequently use mac paintpots and find they work pretty well. Sometimes I'll even just use concealer. 

Ever since my Sephora gratis that contained Farmacy Freshen Up All-Natural Deodorant 1.7 oz/ 50 g, I've been trying different brands of natural deodorant. I've had some fails and successes and now I think I have a favorite - Native. @missjeanie you were right! I'm using the buttercream and French vanilla and the scent is amazing. I'm sad it is a seasonal one. It smells like baked goods to me and my husband said it reminds him of funfetti cake. Yum!

@ShortErica good to know,,, I'll have to check that out

It has the @missjeanie stamp of approval too. 🙂 Which natural deodorant has worked best for you @lmaster?

@ShortErica I can say the farmacy was good and not irritating, the DE I still love and doesn't irritate, however I tend to use the DE at night after my shower before bed, then I've been using dove during the day. I've yet to find one ( other than farmacy) that I can use during the day with lasting power. I'm just not thrilled with the farmacy scent all the time, so I'm curious if the scents on these are something I could handle continuously

@lmaster Native does have a sensitive line so I'd assume those scents are milder. I bought one but haven't tried it yet.

@ShortErica @lmaster Interestingly I found that the sensitive line scents were still pretty strong! I bought the Coconut Vanilla and Cucumber Mint; the former was too sweet for me, but I loved the latter. I prefer the formula of their regular line, 'cause the sensitive formula was harder to apply (almost chalky if that makes sense). 

Thanks for that insight @tastelikewater! Guess that serves me right for assuming. How's that saying go again 😉

@ShortErica @tastelikewater thanks ladies for your thoughts!! Greatly appreciated

@ShortErica I'm so glad after all my hype that you like it!  I'm using a sea salt one and a sweet peach and nectar one and I really like both of them.  I keep trying to remind myself that I've seen a lot of the seasonals that I'd like to try so theres likely to be more once I work through my current scents.  Love all the different scents they come up with! 

Both of those sound like great scents @missjeanie. I thought about stocking up on the scent when they were switching seasons but just like you, figured there would be plenty of other good ones to try that would tempt me. Thinking alike again. 😉 I'm trying not to have a million back-ups of products and I need to keep that mindset. As you try more scents, let me know.

I love Native! Citrus & Herbal Musk is my absolute favorite; I'm hoping their newest collection with Jungalow comes to Target so I can try it. 

Ooo, I'll have to smell that @tastelikewater. I saw on their website they have a sandalwood and fig one now. That was my absolute favorite lotion scent from Bath & Body Works that has been discontinued. I don't need more deodorant but it's tempting. I hope more scents/varieties of it make it into Target too!

Boooooo the Jungalow collab is only available online! None of the Targets in Chicago sell the limited run scents - Pumpkin Spice Latte, Candy Cane, Holiday Sugar Cookie - but they are online. Guess I'll be sticking to their standard selection unless something really catches my eye.

@ShortErica  I mostly use Native, but I didn't realize they had a buttercream and vanilla scent. That sounds yummy.

It has been wonderful. @PrettyPaint what's your favorite scent?

@ShortErica  I tend to gravitate towards the seasonal scents. I liked vanilla and rose, vanilla and sandalwood, candy cane, and even the pumpkin spice was pretty fun. I'm currently using blood orange and clove, which I also like. 🙂

@PrettyPaint so many to choose from!

Jan "Resolutions"

actually took a picture this time 😮

PXL_20210121_025744265~2.jpg

Make more me time : Passport to me time sleeping mask

Workout more: continuing to work PAT McGRATH LABS EYEdols™ Eye Shadow Crimson Fire 

Brush up my skills: Keyaki set by Sonia G (particularly the eye brushes) & Beautylish presents LNY brush)

Clean house: The original makeup eraser PUFF-set

Setting glow goals: rms beauty Luminizing & Bronzing Powders Grande Dame Luminizer 

I'm really loving the RMS grande dame luminizer and Makeup Up Eraser's puff set so much.  These puffs are sooooooo fluffy.  They feel luxurious when used with a toner.  The luminizer is glow-gastic.  If you want a subtle highlight, this is not for you.  It's such a nice shine, but not a glitter finish.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • GeorginaBT Jan 2021 favorites.PNG
  • F946BF01-3911-4431-84AA-BC02A71231B1.jpeg
  • PXL_20210120_222842044.jpg
  • PXL_20210121_025744265~2.jpg
  • 20210124_195829.jpg
  • January 2021 Favorites
  • 74F278A3-47AD-43F8-99D7-6F1301B6DC63.jpeg
  • A166CFDE-25DA-47A3-BDBF-9565F70BA757.jpeg
  • 20210201_004806~2.jpg