Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: January 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT Jan 2021 favorites.PNG

Hope your year is off to a fabulous start, BIC! Is it just me, or did January fly by? 👀 At the beginning of the new year, I cracked open a couple new beauty buys that I instantly fell in love with and am now shouting out below, along with some oldies-but-goodies. The Beauty Insider Community wants to hear from you – what beauty products have you been loving this month? Share any makeup, skincare, hair, fragrance, or wellness faves that stood out the most.

Here are my January favorites:

Hit the “Reply” button below and tag your favorite beauty products from the month of January! Remember to type the “#” symbol before each product so other members can click on your favorites for more info.

Re: Monthly Favorites: January 2021 Edition!

Calendula, @WinglessOne - I like the sound of that! I suppose if the citrus oils are too much for my under eyes, I could always use them as patches for my knees? 

Hmmm, yeah I think I will just stick to bakuchiol then. Thank you for the additional info. Retinol makes my skin look...weird. 

20210201_004806~2.jpg

Look, is palette version of the Melt Cosmetics Blueprint Eyeshadow Palette Stack 0.42 oz / 12.01 g now available? Sure. But the stack is also gorgeous and creamy and was my first Melt eyeshadow and is just so good. I can't wait to grab more. 

I recently started using some more brushes so I wouldn't have to wash the few I was using as often (I know, I know). These ones from the Clionadh Cosmetics Stained Glass collection are very good. 

Great faves, @GeorginaBT !! The sunscreen is a fave of mine!! I've been using that YTTP cream recently and its a nice night moisturizer.

@haleyvvvv   Those blues are gorgeous!  I can see why you like them.

Thank you, @Ispend2much6!! They really are SO pretty!!

@haleyvvvv

I've been dying to try Melt! I’m just waiting for the perfect stack to come out although the one you’ve pictured is near perfect for my taste... there’s just something lacking for me and I’m not sure what it is. What brushes do you currently use? 

@Draftie Melt is definitely moving away from their stacks, as @SportyGirly125 mentioned. If you can get this one, its been half off (at least in Canada) for a while, although since its being transitioned to a palette, then it might show up at like TJs or Marshall's? I really like to formula, especially the shimmers (but the mattes are lovely too). For me, I prefer a palette thats more shimmers and non neutral color stories, so I haven't been too drawn to some of the palettes yet. It's an amazing formula, and if you can find a palette you like on sale, and you're able to grab, I definitely recommend checking out. 

I'm certainly not a brush aficionado. I mostly use Luxie or Moda  Pro or whatever a sub box sends. 

@Draftie I think Melt is no longer doing any new stacks.  I have a bunch of the stacks and I love the Rust Stack.

Everything Rare Beauty is quickly becoming my favourite...I bought the entire Stay Vulnerable set in Nearly Neutral and obsessed is an understatement! The packaging, the product comfort and wearability...it’s all there. Thinking about going for Nearly Rose or Nearly Mauve next.

Also got my first RB highlighter! Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight Mesmerize 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Stay Vulnerable Liquid Eyeshadow 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Stay Vulnerable Melting Cream Blush 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Stay Vulnerable Glossy Lip Balm

A166CFDE-25DA-47A3-BDBF-9565F70BA757.jpeg

Thank you for these swatches @carlybar!! These shades are gorgeous. Lots of folks at Sephora HQ raving about the cream blush. 😊

My skin has gone crazy this month, and all the beauty products I've been using have been skincare products to calm things down! Stress (I moved this month...in the middle of a pandemic...), mask acne, and colder temperatures have not been kind to my skin, all while I was getting used to using a retinoid prescription (for the mask acne and general anti-aging). But, I've loved Drunk Elephant F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL , Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL , and Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 for calming and moisturizing my parched and sensitive skin. 

Also, my hair started falling out in clumps due to stress (I got bloodwork done to make sure it wasn't something else), and Bumble and bumble Full Potential Hair Preserving Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Bumble and bumble Full Potential Hair Preserving Conditioner 6.7 oz/ 200 mL , as well as an Oribe scalp treatment, have seemed to help.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your skin and hair, @txcatx. I hope it gets better soon!

@txcatx , oh no!  I'm hoping that things will calm down for you.  Seems like you got some nutritive and needed skincare/haircare products though.

I just bought the Gucci Gucci Flora Lavender Gorgeous Gardenia Eau de Toilette and love it! Also ordered Marc Jacobs Beauty Eye-Conic Frost Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette Frost  Can’t wait to receive that! Oh! And I ordered Givenchy Prisme Libre Chinese New Year Edition. Hoping I like it as much as I hope.

Amazing faves @skfan70! The finishes on the Marc Jacobs shadows look so pretty~

@GeorginaBT  Finally wore the shadows yesterday and they’re so pretty. I’ve been wanting a Marc Jacobs palette for the longest time. Glad I bought this one! 

@skfan70  Great choices!

Thank you! 

So interested in the Ouai treatment mask @adrianamancini!! I love how their products smell - I feel like I've been working through OUAI Detangling and Frizz Fighting Leave In Conditioner 4.7 oz/ 140 mL forever even though I apply it regularly. Now switching off between that and this new Adwoa one! 

@GeorginaBT You would love their mask! I use the OUAI Treatment Mask for Fine and Medium Hair 8 oz/ 236 mL and it has helped my hair stay healthy, strong, and frizz-free! It also smells heavenly 😍 I agree that the OUAI Detangling and Frizz Fighting Leave In Conditioner 4.7 oz/ 140 mL lasts a long time. That is one of my favorite Ouai products too. I got my first Leave in Conditioner in July, and as of today, am not even halfway through! 🤯 I never heard of Adwoa- sounds interesting! I will have to check them out!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • GeorginaBT Jan 2021 favorites.PNG
  • F946BF01-3911-4431-84AA-BC02A71231B1.jpeg
  • PXL_20210120_222842044.jpg
  • PXL_20210121_025744265~2.jpg
  • 20210124_195829.jpg
  • January 2021 Favorites
  • 74F278A3-47AD-43F8-99D7-6F1301B6DC63.jpeg
  • A166CFDE-25DA-47A3-BDBF-9565F70BA757.jpeg
  • 20210201_004806~2.jpg