Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: January 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT Jan 2021 favorites.PNG

Hope your year is off to a fabulous start, BIC! Is it just me, or did January fly by? 👀 At the beginning of the new year, I cracked open a couple new beauty buys that I instantly fell in love with and am now shouting out below, along with some oldies-but-goodies. The Beauty Insider Community wants to hear from you – what beauty products have you been loving this month? Share any makeup, skincare, hair, fragrance, or wellness faves that stood out the most.

Here are my January favorites:

Hit the “Reply” button below and tag your favorite beauty products from the month of January! Remember to type the “#” symbol before each product so other members can click on your favorites for more info.

Re: Monthly Favorites: January 2021 Edition!

@adrianamancini  Great list! I love the Ouai cream too!

@ather I love OUAI Shibuya Moisturizing Body Cream 7.5 oz/ 212 g! I finished my first jar the other day and was so sad. It’s my new favorite body cream. 

Great choices for faves @GeorginaBT! Your Dior lipstick looks gorgeous; what shade is it? I love that it's refillable, too! 😍 Seems like that will be a trend and I'm all for it! 👍 Here's what I've been loving this month:

January 2021 FavoritesJanuary 2021 Favorites

The Stainless Steel Toothpaste Tube Squeezer comes in handy for getting out every bit of product from a tube of moisturizing cream, lotion, serum, cleanser or otherwise. 

Glow Recipe Mini Humidifier has been great for keeping my skin from drying out. I had been keeping it on my nightstand, but now I move it to and from my desk at home and my nightstand so that my skin gets some T.L.C. all day long. 

Tarte Big Ego Mascara was part of a gratis package I received at the end of the year last year. It's one of the products I considered a favorite among the various 2020 beauty releases. I've been using it practically every day this month and it's still a favorite - it gives my lashes a lot of oomph!! 😍 I can get about 6 - 7  hours of wear before I start noticing the slightest smudging. 

Voluspa Vanilla Latte Candle is part of the Voluspa Vanilla Mini Tin, and is one of two candles in this set that are an exclusive collab between Sephora & Voluspa. The packaging of the candle is beautiful which is what I've come to expect from Voluspa and, also as expected, this candle smells amazing. I pick up more of a coffee scent than vanilla. Mmmm... This is the third set I've purchased and I've really hauled this trio just for the two exclusive scents - this vanilla latte one and the Tahitian Coconut Vanilla. Both are wonderful!  @TeamBIC, I really hope Sephora and Voluspa decide to make these permanent to the line, and that they become available in multiple sizes! ❤️❤️❤️

Sephora Collection Hydrating Lip Balm 2 Rose locks in moisture while imparting a lovely tint to the lips, in this case, a slight pink tint. The consistency is initially on the thick side, has a slight tack to it, and feels more like a creamy moisturizer than a balm for the lips. This is one I can use during the day for a little color while keeping my lips moisturized or as an overnight lip mask for soft, smooth lips in the morning. 

VOLUSPA Mini Vanilla Tin Candle Set 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Vegan Hydrating Lip Balm 2 Rose 

OMG that humidifier!! Definitely buying ASAP. Great faves, @itsfi!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

The humidifier has come in handy this winter @haleyvvvv

The lipstick shade is Promenade @itsfi!! Dior Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick 434 Promenade Satin 😍

Ooh la la - I love these faves! I want to say I remember us both loving VOLUSPA Spiced Pumpkin Latte Glass Candle, so I bet I'd like this vanilla scent as well. Their Gilt Pomander & Hinoki is my favorite! 

Yes @GeorginaBT!!! That Voluspa spiced pumpkin latte candle smells amazing! 🧡 If you like the smell of coffee, the vanilla latte candle is one to try. 🤎 ️ All the Voluspa candles I’ve tried have been lovely. I completely understand how VOLUSPA Gilt Pomader Hearth Candle 114 oz is your favorite. That scent was part of the mini candle advent calendar I picked up and it smells wonderful - the lush, cozy, comfy scent make the house smell soooo good! ♥️

Well... @itsfi You've successfully loaded my cart here the last week or so.... I think I'm going to need one of the SC tinted balms.  For Science.  I may or may not also have added the Voluspa set.  I've been in a big coffee scented relationship of late... I swear I caught myself sniffing the coffee grounds this morning!  Your description of these is spot on what I need in my life! 

Yes to coffee scented relationships @missjeanie!!! 😂 At one of my old jobs, before budget cuts they used to grind coffee beans every morning for the coffee. If I was there early enough I’d run into the kitchen just to inhale the goodness of freshly ground coffee beans!  Ahhhh!!! 🥰 I know, it’s a little obsessive. Lol. I wish we have smellavision - I’d burn the vanilla latte candle for everyone to fully experience! 😉 

About the balm, science is important. 🧪🔬 We sometimes have to sacrifice and just pick up a new balm! 🤣

@missjeanie, here are swatches of the two Sephora Collection hydrating balms I have - 

74F278A3-47AD-43F8-99D7-6F1301B6DC63.jpeg

@itsfi For 7$ each... how could I go wrong?  I'm going to make a rule though... one in/one out.  I need to at least try this as a means to control the stash lol.  I'm thinking Berry... I have a love affair with purples.  Don't tell coffee! lol

I won’t tell coffee @missjeanie! 🤫 hahaha! Your “one-in, one-out” rule is a solid one! I like it. 👍🏼 I need to do a declutter of my lip balms at some point; my plan is to try to convert some older but still usable balms into a lip scrub. We shall see though; I’m not crafty at all. 😆 I’m also going to try a no-buy in February 😬. It’ll be fine (I think); I have a few things coming in from last year (the major delay in shipping will come in handy) and this month. 

@itsfi  I love the GR mist I have something sorta like it but it’s for essential oils I keep it on my bedside as well. I love using it before bed!! I think I may need to try that Voluspa set out! Coffee scent amd vanilla I’m in!!

Yes @ather! It's so good for self care and helping to keep my skin from becoming more dry! 😍 You would love the Voluspa tin set. It smells so good! I think I'm going to smell it right now!! lol! 😆

@itsfi  Definitely on my need to try list. I love my Voluspa candles! 

Nice roundup, @GeorginaBT!  I've actually had a few favs this month that have made me really happy as well.

I was gifted the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml a couple of years ago and since then it's been my absolute favorite nighttime moisturizer; I think I've repurchased it twice now since that first gratis one and it's a Winter staple for my drier skin :).  Also, the tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm Hibiscus has been really helping my dry LIPS this last month!

The Laura Mercier caviar sticks weren't ever products that I really liked but surprisingly I've had fun playing with the KVD Beauty Dazzle Vegan Long-Wear Eyeshadow Stick Force Field shadow stick that I hauled last month for a quick (but stunningly sparkly!) all-over eyeshadow look as well as the E.l.f. liquid eyeshadow in "Mermaid Shimmy" which is a fun but approachable seafoam green with a fine silver glitter shot through it.

Finally, I'd already raved about the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml after hauling it at Christmastime but I, uh, actually just bought a backup of it when I found it on sale this month.  Yeah, it's that good :).

Thanks to all of you who have shared YOUR favorites!

20210124_195829.jpg

@CookieGirl1 I grabbed a couple of those ELF liquid shadows but have yet to try them! I’m scared, lol.

@Draftie lol, don't be scared.  However, the formula can be a little inconsistent; I have one (from my pic) that's actually pretty decent but I bought another that ends up being pretty finicky and requires a little effort.

@CookieGirl1 Hahaha, soooo, I tried them right after I posted that because you gave me the inspiration to. Wow, it was a total epic fail for me. It was a sheer (literal) mess. They were gorgeous as is but when I tried to do a small blend both sheered out and looked patchy as crap. Is there a trick to these?

@Draftie like I said, I've only tried a couple of them myself and one of them is great and the other one definitely isn't worth it. I think that the formula as a whole is just hit and miss – – there will be some that work well and others that just don't.

@CookieGirl1 Have heard nothing but good things about the YTTP mask! And whoa my interest is piqued with the C.Til setting spray 👀 Anything to keep my foundation from sliding of my face! 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • GeorginaBT Jan 2021 favorites.PNG
  • F946BF01-3911-4431-84AA-BC02A71231B1.jpeg
  • PXL_20210120_222842044.jpg
  • PXL_20210121_025744265~2.jpg
  • 20210124_195829.jpg
  • January 2021 Favorites
  • 74F278A3-47AD-43F8-99D7-6F1301B6DC63.jpeg
  • A166CFDE-25DA-47A3-BDBF-9565F70BA757.jpeg
  • 20210201_004806~2.jpg