Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: February 2023 Edition!

Monthly Favorites - February 2023Monthly Favorites - February 2023

Where did you go, February? This short month has surely whizzed right by, but I still had plenty of time to rack up my share of beauty faves! This month was all about second chances – giving a new shot to products in my stash that I hadn’t taken the time to really figure out, style properly, or layer correctly when I first scooped them up. It’s not always love at first sight when it comes to my beauty purchases, so I’m sure glad I stuck with them!

Here are the products I’ve been reaching for during the month of February:

Which beauty favorites did you find “Loves List” worthy this month? Reply below and let us know – and don’t forget to tag those products with the “#” symbol (hair, makeup, fragrance, wellness, skincare, etc.)!

Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2023 Edition!

Second chances, @AlexBT - I love it! So many times a product fails to 'wow' me at first, yet revisiting it later proves to be worth the effort. I have heard so many good things about that Kosas, adding a mental note to try that.

@eshoe Right?? Sometimes I'm too excited to unbox and don't apply them correctly... or maybe I was just having an 'off' skin/hair/makeup day. Worth the revisit for sure! I had heard around the BIC that the Kosas was superrrr creamy, which I misinterpreted as "thick," but it's not - it applies almost like an eye cream, and melts into the skin really nicely! I wouldn't recommend it for high coverage, but it's nice and light for everyday color correction, etc.

Some items I’ve been enjoying in February:

NARS Bronzer Powder Laguna - When my go-to Dior bronzer ran out and has been DC, I needed something to replace it with. I’ve been quite happy with this cult classic. 

Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL - This one was recommended by a few BICers as a solid brightening eye cream, and I’ve liked it so far. No complaints! 

Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium to Full Coverage Radiant Concealer with Hyaluronic Acid 4 - Cover circles, blends well, doesn’t irritate my eyes. Does it’s job! 

Sol de Janeiro Rio Deo Aluminum-Free Deodorant Cheirosa '40 2 oz / 57 g - It was time to replace my original Rio Deo in their classic scent, I saw they added this one to the line. It’s a bit brighter heading in to spring/fall, instead of the warmer, sweeter notes in ‘62. 

@alexasteph Oh nooooo, DCs can be so soul-crushing - I'm glad you found a new fave! Laguna is a solid choice 🙂

Great favorites @alexasteph! I also love Nars Laguna bronzer 

@alexasteph Great favourites! I am a fan of the Laguna bronzer also. The deodorant sounds great! I didn't know that the brand made a deodorant.

Hmmm, @alexasteph - I will have to look into that GR, I like the sound of it! As well as the SDJ 🙂

@eshoe @alexasteph , I love the Glow Recipe eye cream... it is brightening and doesn't interfere with my concealer.

Good to know, @dimesandnichols - thank you!!

A few new to me items this month & a few oldies that I used again & fell head over heels in love all over again😍. It was February- love month after all right 😉

New to me

Hourglass Voyeur Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Obsidian # 

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara Black 

Moroccanoil Shimmering Body Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mL 

FOREO LUNA™ Mini 3 Midnight 

And my old loves 

Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo 16.9 oz / 500 mL 

Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner 

Tatcha The Deep Cleanse Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser

KILIAN Paris Princess Eau de Parfum 1.70 oz / 50 mL eau de parfum spray 

Funny story tid bit- i stepped on the sample of the Moroccanoil body oil so I HAD to use it. 😂 

My Luna is a older retired version, I'm remodeling my beauty corner so i found it behind my cabinet. Charged it. Still works so I used it. 🤗

@sonnydee Love these new and old favorites! And LOL, I can picture you saving every morsel of the MO shimmer oil after stepping on it. I'm glad it proved itself!

@sonnydee Ohhhh I spot a bunch of products I love on your list! The extra volume hair products are my HG, and I love the Tatcha vitamin c serum, it’s helped to fade a lot of old hyperpigmentation over the course of the past two years! I also have a Luna which I use a few times a week, for me it helps with texture and smoother application of makeup while also getting deep into cleaning out my pores. 

Amazing list of favorites @sonnydee! Your Foreo needed to work as a way to thank you, after rescuing it from behind the beauty corner ☺️

Exactly! @Saradestin 😍

I've fallen in love with setting powder, I don't know where it's been all my life! I've had samples but never really used them. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Translucent Loose Setting Powder 0.61 oz/ 17.29 g 

bareMinerals Mineral Veil Talc Free Setting Powder 

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent 

KVD Beauty Kitten Mini Lock-It Setting Powder Mini Size Translucent - 0.19 oz/ 5.4 g 

These are all the ones I've been rotating each time.

I also really love the VS Honey Scrub 

@Samtian I recently rediscovered setting powder too! I've been using the KVD powder as well, with the help of my handy Beautyblender POWER POCKET PUFF™ Dual-Sided Powder Puff for Setting and Baking  !

@AlexBT I was looking at that the other day!

@Samtian Have you tried the Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Finishing Powder ? I use Dim Light to set my makeup and it gives me a beautiful blurred, glowy look. 

@lnum I have an Hourglass mini of some kind in my highlighter box. I'll have to check it out when I grab it out. 

That’s awesome @Samtian ! I am also enjoying SEPHORA COLLECTION Translucent Loose Setting Powder 0.61 oz/ 17.29 g a lot!

Ok, I am going to ask a very novice question, @Samtian...what is the difference between a setting powder and just a regular powder? Do you use one in lieu of the other? Or double up? I use that LM, but I never really think of it as a setting powder 🤷🏻‍♀️

266 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • Monthly Favorites - February 2023
  • 05B35812-4A61-4BFF-A07F-2F04C9070CF0.jpeg
  • R00132596_M.jpe
  • 20230225_153143.jpg
  • 194CECD0-2968-4F88-B733-E25D38ABE614.jpeg
  • A590BC4B-E90A-4256-8BCE-2221632ABFC6.png
  • B953F702-0342-4465-BF0C-C788B7A6B864.png
  • 20230225_212736_HDR.jpg
  • 20230225_213006_HDR.jpg