Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

community-livechat-banner-patrick_ta-US-CAN_HANDOFF.jpgThis thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

Celebrity makeup artist Patrick Ta is chatting live on the Beauty Insider Community for COVER FX on Thursday, February 8. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PST to ask him all your makeup questions—from glitter application tips to the best shades for your skin tone.

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

Do you have any tips for a beginner in eyeshadow ?

Re: RE: Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

@Anonymous have a great blending brush or if you're using Shimmer Veil, the applicator makes it super easy to apply. Just swipe onto your eyelids and blend the color out. 

what is a good cool tone contour shade for someone whose skin is a lighter medium shade.

What kind of foundation is best for oily skin

Is there a way to have full coverage foundation without it looking heavy?

Which drop colors do you recommend for olive skin tones to give a brighter look? And which to give a sun kissed look for summer?

Re: RE: Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

Hi @CandyzDandy! Custom Enhancer Drops in Sunlight will give you a glow that makes it looks like you just came off the beach. 🙂

Re: Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

Hi Patrick, could you please recommend a foundation and concealer that does not cause flashback? 

Anonymous Insider

hey patrick! i love you and your work!!! so here is my face. im a bit round. but, my question is. since im so roumd, exactly where could i put my highlight without it looking odd? i have always wanted to try cover fx highlight... but everytime i try with a sponge i look muddy.... or oily..... can you give me a tip?

@Anonymous great photo! My suggestion is to apply your highlight on the most flat and highest point of your cheekbones which is usually right above your contour. Make sure the highlight doesn't go above the cheek into the eye area. 

what is the best foundation to use so that your face doesn’t look cakey?

Hi Patrick! I've seen highlighters that are purple, yellow, pink, white shades. What is best for medium skin tone gals like me?

@levisummit Rose Gold Custom Enhancer Drops should look great on you. 

What is your favorite eye look using Shimmer Veil?

@BeautyNerd101 Right now I'm super into monochromatic eye looks so I like to blend Amethyst all over the lid. 

Hey Patrick, I was wondering what are the best products to use for my oily to combination skin. I currently use the customs drop, but I want to know what other products to use.

Hi @PatrickTa

Thanks for chatting with us today! Are there any sneak peeks you can share with us? Thank you 🙂

Hi @veronika23! I have a super exciting project coming up in London. Stay tuned! 🙂

Thanks! 🙂

Hi Patrick! I have combo skin and currently wear Fiji in the Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation. I do prefer a more matte medium to full coverage. Which Cover FX foundation would be best for me?

what do you see the NEW FESTIVAL TRENDS being this year? 😄🌸 what products do you suggest for achieving the looks? Love your work 😘😘😘
121 Replies
testing