Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

community-livechat-banner-patrick_ta-US-CAN_HANDOFF.jpgThis thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

Celebrity makeup artist Patrick Ta is chatting live on the Beauty Insider Community for COVER FX on Thursday, February 8. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PST to ask him all your makeup questions—from glitter application tips to the best shades for your skin tone.

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

Time to get glowing but that was so much fun!!! Thanks so much for all of your great questions - I loved chatting with you!  

Anonymous Insider

I’m currently a MAC artist looking to begin freelancing. What suggestions do you have when first starting out, as far as building a clientele & a kit? 

Hellooo! I'm extremely pale (see second photo) what highlight drops would look amazing on me? And can you suggest a foundation that is as full coverage as the current one I'm using?? (I'm not using color corrector or anything in the first pic, just foundation)

I've heard that the Cover FX Cover Drops are great to make tinted moisturizers with. Are there any types of moisturizer that are better to mix them with?

I'm 26 but have lines in my forehead. not wrinkles per say but maybe lines from smiling. what's the best way to make these not show up more when I apply foundation?

Hi Patrick! I typically wear a more subtle / natural makeup look, especially for work.  Does COVER FX have a good product for a really subtle glow that will look polished and professional?  I'm very pale, so even light colors tend to really stand out on my skin.

@RachFace2921 Liquid Highlighters like Custom Enhancer Drops will leave your skin looking rich and polished. Try mixing a small amount of Celestial into your foundation or apply it very softly on your cheekbones. 

Thank you, Patrick - I will check that out!

For women over 60, what do you 

recommend for doing eyes that 

won’t emphasize age?

Thank you 🙏 

@deannasjac Use creamy eye shadows like the Cover FX Shimmer Veil because they will make your eyes look more rich and moisturized giving your overall complexion a more healthy appearance. 

What would you recommend for oily eyelids? I have tried concealer with powder and various eyeshadow primers. Nothing has worked, oil peaks through my shadow before the end of the day.

RE: Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

What would be the perfect contour shade for me (4Y09) if I’m interested in the CoverFX Cover Click Concealer + Foundation?

My upper eye liner and mascara often gets down to my lower lid even if they are waterproof. Is there an oil-proof eyeliner and mascara, or if there’s a primer I can use?

I need a recommendation for toner for oily skin. Is there...

I need a recommendation for toner for oily skin. Is there something that you love to use on your clients?

I want to perfect my freckled fair skin but don't like the way the makeup looks on the freckles . Do you have any tips ?

@toshii Show them off! Freckles are gorgeous! 🙂

I have dry skin and I'm having trouble setting my foundation. I like a more dewy/radiant look but want the long wear benefits of setting with powder. what products and/or application techniques do you recommend? I have tried the damp beauty blender, but I get clumps of wet powder everywhere.

@hisephoraaddict Set your complexion with the Illuminating Setting Spray. It has a very fine mist that leaves the skin looks fresh and dewy. 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

Do you have any tips or anything for a glitter cut crease?

Re: RE: Live Chat with Patrick Ta for COVER FX

@Anonymous Use Shimmer Veil as a base and layer Glitter drops on top to give your look more depth. 🙂

121 Replies
testing