cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Thank you for the warm welcome!

@mpapa Welcome to BIC!

Thank you for welcoming me into the group!

Welcome @mpapa , great look and I like your backstory.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment. I am a huge SEPHORA shopper. In this photo I am wearing NARS Bumpy Ride Blush. The Eyes are ColourPop Ornate and the lips are KKW Birthday Suit Semi Matte-Lipstick. I am a HUGE fan of Pat McGrath Labs and Natasha Denona as well as NARS. I also buy a lot of foundations, always searching for the Holy Grail. I think so far my HG is Pat McGrath Labs Sublime Perfection Foundation in 103. 

Ooh, those are all great brands and choices @mpapa 

Hi my name is Lindsey. If I could splurge on any beauty product for myself I’d have to say any Bobbi Brown makeup line. Love her products so much!

@LinzAlex Welcome to the community!

Welcome aboard, @LinzAlex ! 

@LinzAlex Welcome to BIC!

Hello and happy new year, yasss, guh-bye 2020!  I'm divorced/single and 54. Now that my kids are grown, I'm splurging on skin care and make-up. I'm still dealing with acne, blackheads and oiliness after menopause. I used Drunk Elephant and Laneige samples for about 4 days, I was sold! So, just splurged on Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer , Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL  and LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask

20210104_085946.jpg

Welcome!

@Ashante0501 Welcome to the community.  Great splurge products.  

Welcome to BIC, @Ashante0501 ! I'm glad you've found a cleanser and moisturizer that work well for you! They're the backbone of a solid skincare routine. 

I'm sure you've already heard this and have tried products containing some of these ingredients, but: BHA (salicylic acid), benzoyl peroxide, and retinoids (retinol, tretinoin, retinaldehyde, adapalene, etc.) are the usual go-tos for acne. Azelaic acid's another good option. I wouldn't use all of those at the same time... eh, I can't use benzoyl peroxide anyway, but applying that + BHA + a retinoid like adapalene (available OTC as Differin or La Roche-Posay Effaclar) + azelaic acid = overkill. If you haven't yet, you could try one or two products containing those ingredients. 

Thanks for the information.  I've tried all the usual go to products.  I haven't tried Azeloic acid, yet. Currently, my breakouts are considerably under control,  fingers crossed it stays this way. 

No problem, @Ashante0501 ! Azelaic acid's particularly good if you get PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, aka dark marks/"scars" left behind by acne): it can address those dark spots. It also attacks the same bacteria that causes acne, and it's an antioxidant. It's also a good option for folks who can't use salicylic acid (pregnant/nursing, or allergic to aspirin) or benzoyl peroxide (I'm allergic to that one). 

My only issue with it is apparently a common side effect: it usually makes me itchy for 30-60 minutes after application, even if I apply it only on the areas of my face where I'm acne-prone or have active acne. (I don't really spot treat acne, I "area treat": if I have an acne spot on my forehead, I treat my whole forehead.) Some folks experience itching or slight stinging for less time, but I have inflammation issues and finicky skin. Anyway, I alternate between Paula's Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster (also contains a bit of BHA/salicylic acid) and The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL (contains no BHA), and they both work well. 

Hope your breakouts remain under control! 

I would agree with all of these suggestions. The adapalene gel and salicylic acid should be alternated. I think the benzoyl peroxide would be overkill and think it is going to try out your skin too much. You don't want to compromise your natural moisture barrier. The Drunk Elephant Polypeptide moisturizer might be too rich for you, even with all of your acne issues. I would suggest something lighter, a get cream possibly Farmacy Honey Drop? It has a lot of anti-inflammatory ingredients in it. It is good for oil and acneic skin. 

@Ashante0501 Welcome to BIC!

Welcome @Ashante0501 !  You look great.

Side note, adult acne needs to go buh bye, too 😑😒

Awww, thanks for the compliment.  

Welcome to BIC @Ashante0501! Isn’t that Laneige Cica sleeping mask wonderful?!

testing