cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hi, @Aivacto !  Welcome to BIC!

Welcome, @Aivacto! Finding the right foundation definitely involves a lot of trial and error, but it's so great when you find one that works well for your skin!

Welcome aboard @Aivacto ! I always had so much trouble getting a good foundation color match, I finally swore off all liquid and cream foundations. 😄 Now I just use tinted moisturizers instead—and even with those, it’s sometimes hard to find a good match, but they tend to not dry out my skin while giving me the sheer coverage I like. Many folks love NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz but I can’t use that one (my skin reacts badly to it and there’s not a good skin tone match for me; your mileage may vary). Instead I use LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 - Oil Free or Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 3C1 Fawn. Bare Minerals also makes one that has a strong fan base. 

Sometimes I use a powder foundation instead, as long as I’ve moisturized my skin very well. My favorite is kind of a foundation/finishing powder hybrid: By Terry Densiliss Compact. It’s pricey, but it contains hyaluronic acid and never cakes on my skin. Product photos are inaccurate in terms of color, so I tracked down various people’s online swatches and photos before choosing 2 shades. 

@Aivacto Welcome to BIC!  Sometimes to get the right shade you have to mix 2 or more shades together 

Anonymous Insider

Hey @Aivacto walcom

About fondation try the new Anastasia luminous fondation I'm in love with ❤️

RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Have you tried the color IQ? Make sure they match your neck, forehead and bottom of chin. Don’t color IQ your cheeks cause that’s the lightest part of your face.
Anonymous Insider

RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hey there , my name is hana I have this problem my skin is breaking out for no reason😭 I’m struggling with pimples can anyone help me Tnx 😊

Hey @Anonymous 👋

When my skin is  breaking out, I like to make sure that I'm supporting my skin barrier by using products with Ceramides. One of my favorites is Cerave Moisturizing cream in a tub. I find that when my skin barrier is weak (caused by dehydrated skin, dry/cold/windy air, excess sweat or water exposure), I break out a lot more.

Good luck!

Welcome @Anonymous! Do you have a current routine/any products that you're using?

@Anonymous Welcome to BIC!

Anonymous Insider

Welcome Hana 

For your skin try #peter Thomas mask for acne Screenshot_20191205_010249_com.android.chrome.jpg

Welcome to BIC, @datgirlhanah ! 

I recommend going to a dermatologist.  Like @faeriegirl ,  I also love #PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots !

Welcome to the BIC @datgirlhanah! I really like PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Thanks 😊

Welcome aboard @datgirlhanah ! If you’re sure your breakouts are acne instead of a bad reaction caused by skin irritation: for non-cystic acne, salicylic acid (BHA) and/or benzoyl peroxide can help a lot. I’m allergic to BP, so I rely on BHA treatments when I get random acne. I use some of the products from Paula’s Choice CLEAR line (the cleanser and regular strength exfoliating solution) on my entire face, and I spot treat with either a Paula’s Choice BHA gel or PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots. Sulfur can also help, if BHA irritates your skin. Unfortunately, BHA can’t do much for cystic acne; I recommend seeing a dermatologist for that. 

If you have whiteheads, resist the urge to pop them yourself. And use a gentle cleanser to wash your face morning and night. I hope your acne clears up soon! 

Anonymous Insider

Thank yuh so much 🥰

Hi @datgirlhanah ! Welcome to the BIC! 
I only occasionally get a break out, so I may not be of much help. However when I do, I use DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask. I spot treat and apply my make up right over top. 

Anonymous Insider

Thanks 😊 🙏🏻
Anonymous Insider

New Member Monday Thread

Greetings everyone! I'm Jennifer and I'd splurge on body glow-oils from Fenty or Sol de Janeiro. Thanks for the welcome!

Re: New Member Monday Thread

Welcome, fellow Jennifer! @Anonymous 

Re: New Member Monday Thread

@Anonymous Welcome to BIC!

testing