Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Holiday Gift Survey

holiday gift picks.jpg

Happy Friday pretty people!

We know it’s early but we’ve been taking about holiday for a while over here at

Sephora and we thought it would be a lot of fun to bring the best advice-givers and holiday experts into the conversation. Our goal is to make gifting easier for others who may need a little assistance… Because buying gifts for your co-workers can seem impossible and it’s hard to shop for someone who already has everything!

The plan is to create gift lists according to five categories:

1. $25 and under (stocking stuffers, gifts for co-workers)
  2. People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift)
  3. That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member)
  4. The youths! (thinking tweens and beauty newbies)
  5. Treat yourself! What do you want this holiday?

Who else could have better gifting advice than this community?! Nobody! Here’s where you guys come in. Please give 3-5 Sephora gift recommendations for the categories above. The goal is to see what you all recommend as great gifts so we can create a true list of community-sourced recommendations.

Oh! And don’t forget all the new holiday goodies that will be available: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Holiday-2017-Preview/td-p/3080939

My wallet is already crying… Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

Re: Holiday Gift Survey

1. Becca Highlight On The Go, Bite The Perfect Pair Amuse Bouche, Juicy Couture I Love Juicy Couture Rollerball.

2. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Body Butter Trio, philosophy Fresh Cream & Mint with Berries on Top Trio, any L'Occitane Hand Cream set (3-10 collections).

3. Something high end that may be out of their budget for normal purchases, Jo Malone, Atelier Cologne, YSL, Dior, Natasha Denona, etc. 

4. Benefit I Pink I Love You set, Fresh Sugar Lip Beauty Box, Marc Jacobs Dot

5. Natasha Denona Lila palette, anything NARS, some fragrances... what don't I want. 

I would really like a good eyeshadow palette with eye pri...

I would really like a good eyeshadow palette with eye primer along with a pretty lipstick and mascara. I guess everyone needs a good eyeshadow that stays for long

I really wish there were more value sets/pallets. Not onl...

I really wish there were more value sets/pallets. Not only are they good gift ideas, but for price conscious people like my self, it gives us an opportunity to stock up.

I really like the mini lip and mascara kits that sephora puts out (i already got the bold one for myself, but I'm not opening it til christmas) it's technically $28 but I get them for the $25 and under and the people I don't know that well. You can also buy them and break them up and make little kits.  That's always been a go to. I get several value sets of lip products and skin care and make custom gifts for people.  Ulta has some great deals this time of year so you can mix and match as well that way they know you took them to time to think of them. 

For me personally as the friend who already has it all, a gift card is great.  Really I know it seems impersonal, but I would rather get a gift card than something I cannot use. Either that our high end brushes, because really I never buy them for myself but I always want them.

NEVER buy people perfume, that's a very personal choice and no one ever gets it right. Also I personally am allergic and I know a lot of people are, so it's almost an insult to get it as a gift. 

• cosmetic bags
    • mascara minis
    • travel makeup brushes
    • any travel sets really 😄
  2. People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift)
    • Sephora Favorites kits (anyone would love them! and you don't have to worry about getting someone one product they may already have)
    • nail polish: Nails Inc
    • Perfume sets such as the Sephora Favorites Perfume Sampler (so you don't have to guess what scent they like)
    • BITE Beauty mini lipstick set
  3. That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member)
    • the latest and greatest releases such as fenty beauty items or beauty items from new brands being sold at Sephora
    • high end lashes: Huda, Velour
    • Makeup brushes: Marc Jacobs
    • Masks: Glamglow, Sunday Riley, etc if you know their skintype
    • Rollerball perfumes of popular scents: Daisy by Marc Jacobs
    • Perfume sets such as the Sephora Favorites Perfume Sampler (so you don't have to guess what scent they like)
    • Lipgloss
    • Highlighters that are universally flattering or sets: BECCA Opal
    • ALL THE SETS!!
      • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Vol 3
      • Stila Glitter Shadow Sets
      • any Sephora Favorites Set

great idea! thanks for yr post!

great idea! thanks for yr post!

1. 1. 25 and under (stocking stuffers, gifts for co-workers) 1-lip sets: give me some nude lip or give me some bold lip, bite beauty's the perfect bite amuse bouche set 
  2. People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift).  1. a high end sheet mask set from varying lines- dt jart, farmacy, sheiseido,  sk II, erborian, Tatcha, PTR gold, too cool for school. boscia, enrst lazloo. 2. large lipsticl sets fromm bite- 4 amuse bouch, 4 liquid lipstick, agave mask and agave. I would do 3- neutrals, red/orange, pink/purples
  3.  That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member) the hourglass palette,  look at my answer from #5- indentical nswers
  4. The youths! (thinking tweens and beauty newbies):  laura mercier tinted mositurizer, not black eyeliner, maybe a medium brown?. Sephora collection Smooth Delivery Makeup Sponges. one of two brush sets - the sephora. mini Deluxe Charcoal Antibacterial Brush Set or the ready in 5 set.  then 1-2 (one neutral ane on darker/brighter, but since we're talking about a teen i would go a midtone,) either bite beauty balm if its still around, or the sephora collection beauty balm. the sephora Matte Perfection Powder FoundationMatte Perfection Powder Foundation- I adress the issue of different skin tone which is a coupon for the compact so they can walk in  a store or look online to color match.
    1. viseart palette petitpro, the 6 section hourglass .  
    2. I know it probobly wont happen but convinve Torm For to offer mini sets- 10-25 m of each with 5-6 items of his wonderful perfums, I would do one rich, musky, spicy woods, ambet.  The second I dont have any socific selections becuse i dont wear florals- but others do- so  you could do 5-6 that were clearly floral. the third set woudl be citrus based.  I know its unlikely but i bet it would sell quikly
    3. hair care set set with products for fine/thinning hair
    4. more sunday riley, tata harper, drunk ekephant boxes- with larger sizes or covering nearly all of the products in their lins
    5. tubing mascara!!!!!! as many brands as you get there ought to be a way to get 4-6 together in a sephora favorites - Sou have the blinc mascara their ia an original formula in both black and brown (so hard to find)- so I would say both blck and brown, and their lash primer for the original firmula.  there is also now a second blinc- blinc mascara ampliied,  Kevin Aucoin the volme mascara.  Clinique lash power mascara, long wearing.  Becca ultimate mascara I donr see it on .  Bobbi Brown Intensifying Long-Wear Mascara,

Clinique High impact curling mascara, Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara. i would put as many half or full size mascaras and like the perfume set i would include a voucher for a full size mascara in the box,

6. large lipstick sets fromm bite- 4 amuse bouch, 4 liquid lipstick, agave mask and agave. I would do 3- neutrals, red/orange, pink/purples, i wouls personallt be interested in the neutrals and the orange

Great idea for a thread @KatieBT! Here's my go at it:

1) Sephora perfume sample kit that includes a voucher for a free rollerball. A couple of brands have come out with great little ornaments like Bare Minerals, Urban Decay has a few lip sets, and that Tory Birch duo is too cute! https://www.sephora.com/product/tory-burch-deluxe-mini-duo-P422676?skuId=2002400&icid2=products%20gr...

2) Maybe a variety kit like the Smashbox Try it kit, Clean rollerball set, or maybe the L'Occitane 4 piece Hand cream delights https://www.sephora.com/product/4-piece-hand-cream-delights-P424807?skuId=1988179&icid2=products%20g...

https://www.sephora.com/product/try-it-kit-bestsellers-P416408?skuId=1900638&icid2=products%20grid:p...

https://www.sephora.com/product/rollerball-layering-collection-P422290?skuId=1979525&icid2=products%...

3) I think for the person that has it all either one of the new hot releases, or a gift card will always do the trick. Maybe the new Hourglass Ambient Light trio, one of the new KVD launches, or some of the Bite holiday sets that are about to drop soon. If you're really close to them maybe the Natasha Denona Lila palette or even the new Huda one!

4) I think that those new lippie sets offered by Urban Decay, the Mermaid lipstick collection from Tarte looks fun, the Smashbox set that I already mentioned, or even one of the new Bite lip toppers that have yet to drop would be great for a teenager. Also a Sephora Favorites collection would work well here like one of the smaller Give Me More Lip kits, or maybe a mask collection.

5) I want too much stuff :D. I would like some of the new Bite launches (that hasn't launched just yet), the new Fresh sugar cream treatments, KVD's Saint & Sinner palette,one of the CoverFX sets, The Laura Mercier Illuminator collection, and on the practical side that watermelon sleeping mask that everyone just raves about. Oh and anything Pat McGrath! https://www.sephora.com/product/l-amour-exotique-face-illuminator-collection-P422927? skuId=1996701&icid2=just%20arrived:p422927 https://www.sephora.com/product/spiced-plum-amuse-bouche-holiday-exclusive-P423631?skuId=1996529&ici...

Tell me more about this watermelon sleeping mask please.

@LyseD - here's the info on the watermelon sleeping mask! It's by Glow Recipe. I've heard great things about it, and it's always sold out at my local Sephora store:

https://www.sephora.com/product/watermelon-glow-sleeping-mask-P420160?skuId=1955764&keyword=P420160

Thank you so much.

@KatieBT  So much fun!  What a creative idea!  THANKS for including us!

1. $25 and under (stocking stuffers, gifts for co-workers) Balenciaga Florabotanica Rollerball, Invisibobble, Sephora Contour 12 Hour Wear Waterproof Eyeliner, Sephora Collection Ready in 5 Brush Sets
  2. People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift) Kopari Coconut Melt, L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter, NEST Diffusers
  3. That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member) Shhhowercap, Clinique The Chubettes, Hourglass Confession Refillable Lipstick Set
  4. The youths! (thinking tweens and beauty newbies): FAB Tales of Good Skin, UD Vice Lipstick (I'm thinking Naked Cream), Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz
  5. Treat yourself! What do you want this holiday? Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit, Fresh Sugar Lip Beauty Box, YSL Parisienne, Viseart Theory Palette

Shhhowercap is this a brand name? Always looking for a great shower cap.

Thank you.

Anonymous Insider

Love them! 

KatieBT wrote:

holiday gift picks.jpg

Happy Friday pretty people!

We know it’s early but we’ve been taking about holiday for a while over here at

Sephora and we thought it would be a lot of fun to bring the best advice-givers and holiday experts into the conversation. Our goal is to make gifting easier for others who may need a little assistance… Because buying gifts for your co-workers can seem impossible and it’s hard to shop for someone who already has everything!

The plan is to create gift lists according to five categories:

Who else could have better gifting advice than this community?! Nobody! Here’s where you guys come in. Please give 3-5 Sephora gift recommendations for the categories above. The goal is to see what you all recommend as great gifts so we can create a true list of community-sourced recommendations.

Oh! And don’t forget all the new holiday goodies that will be available: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Holiday-2017-Preview/td-p/3080939

My wallet is already crying… Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

I would break up a set of mini lipsticks like from urban decay or kat von d or bite or marc jacob or nudestix depending on how many people i have to gift 
    Fenty lip gloss?  It's trendy and who doesn't like or know Rihanna.
    Kat von D saint and sinner palette
    Anastasia beverly hills Aurora Glow Kit
    One of the many benefit starter sets 
    Too face Boss Lady Beauty Agenda
    Stila Written in the Stars Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow Set 
    Ciate london Dewy Stix Luminous Highlighting Balm

I love this @KatieBT, it's so fun! 😄

1. Fenty gloss
    2. Sephora Favorites - Perfume Travel Sampler
    3. Nails Inc. duos (can't go wrong with either)
    4. Beauty Blender.. 😄
    1. I feel like the Sephora Favorites sets were made for this category.
    2. Beauty Blender set
    3. Sol Janeiro set
    1. Can't go wrong with a gift card!
    1. Becca travel size duo
    2. Sephora Favorites - Superstars
    3. One of the Benefit sets
    4. Too Faced Best Year Ever set
    5. Too Faced Peaches and Cream collection
    1. Bobbi Brown Highlighter Trio
    2. Fenty Beauty foundation brush
    3. Sephora Favorites Glow For It
    4. Sephora Collection fox stuff!
    5. Tom Ford quad in Disco Dust
      (and the list goes on..)

$25 and under (stocking stuffers, gifts for co-workers):

-Sephora Favorites Hair Rescue Masks on the Go

-L'occitane Shea Travel Treats

-Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream

People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift):

-L'occitane 3-piece Hand Cream Collectibles

-Philosophy A Few of Our Favorite Things

-NEST Pumpkin Chai Scented Candle

-Jo Malone London Peony & Blush Suede Candle

That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member):

-Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit - Volume 3

-Sephora Favorites Scouted by Sephora

-Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops Set

-Viseart Golden Hour Eyeshadow Palette

The youths! (thinking tweens and beauty newbies):

-Sephora Favorites Lashstash

-Tarte Artful Accessories Brush Set

-Too Faced Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eye Shadow Palette

-Tarte Blush Bazaar Amazonian Clay Blush Palette

Treat yourself! What do you want this holiday?

Fenty Beauty Holiday Collection!!

Natasha Denona Lila Palette

Bright Young Thing Sunday Riley Set

What a fun thread!!

- Bite Beauty, The Perfect Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick Set $25 -- different options to flatter most skin tones and they're smaller so not too much commitment 😄
  2. People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift) -- because an unexpected small luxury item will brighten up ANYONE's holiday:
    - Burberry's Liquid Lip Velvet Set $45...or....Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir Travel Candle
  3. That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member) -- because we always love to try new skin care!!
    - Tata Harper, Glow For It Kit $60...or...Tatcha's Skincare for Makeup Lovers Obento Box $59 
    - Fenty's Invisimatte Blotting Paper $16 & refills $10-- weren't most of us an oily mess as tweens/teens?? LOL. I know I was!!  The packaging is super sleek.
    - Tory Burch's Tory Burch Deluxe Mini Duo $22 -- because who can resist cute mini perfumes!!!!
  5. Treat yourself! What do you want this holiday? - MUFE's new holiday palette

1. $25 and under (stocking stuffers, gifts for co-workers)- Ornament-themed travel sized items, hand sanitizers, mini lotions, gift sets under $25.
  2. People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift)Eyeshadow palettes (Too Faced Chocolate Bar, Naked palettes), skincare sets (Sunday Riley, Drunk Elephant), brush sets (Sephora collection, Marc Jacobs) -REALLY depends on what they are in need of.
  3. That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member)- The latest highlight palette, Guerlain meteorites, eyeshadow palette, skincare raves (basically anything BRAND NEW so it's a guarantee they won't already have it)
  4. The youths! (thinking tweens and beauty newbies)Fenty beauty items, Anastasia Glow Kits, Sephora Collection masks, brush sets...
  5. Treat yourself! What do you want this holiday?Anything and everything on my current loves list! All the new holiday releases like Guerlain meteorites, YSL Couture liquid lippies, Hourglass highlight palette, Fenty's Trophy wife, the Clarisonic Glow Getter set, Tatcha's Bento box, etc!

I don't know why there are smily faces on all the links...
https://www.sephora.com/product/everlasting-lip-duo-lip-contour-edition-P408034?skuId=1813013&icid2=...
https://www.sephora.com/product/agave-kisses-set-P423490?skuId=1996503&icid2=products%20grid:p423490
https://www.sephora.com/product/facial-radiance-pads-P278317?skuId=1529585&icid2=products%20grid:p27...

https://www.sephora.com/product/4-piece-hand-cream-delights-P424807?skuId=1988179&icid2=products%20g...
https://www.sephora.com/product/sugar-cookie-scented-candle-P422297?skuId=1980960&icid2=products%20g...
https://www.sephora.com/product/minimergency-tm-kit-for-her-pink-glitter-P401800?skuId=1754134&icid2...

https://www.sephora.com/product/meteorites-happy-glow-pearls-of-powder-P416038?skuId=1918465&icid2=p...
https://www.sephora.com/product/beauty-bear-age-delay-pillow-P407882?skuId=1823962&icid2=nurse_jamie...
https://www.sephora.com/product/heavenly-luxe-wand-ball-powder-brush-8-P421923?skuId=1994805&icid2=%...

https://www.sephora.com/product/sweet-peach-eye-shadow-collection-palette-P407907?skuId=1806553&icid...
https://www.sephora.com/product/becca-x-chrissy-teigen-glow-face-palette-P17897458?skuId=1937846&ici...
https://www.sephora.com/product/give-me-some-nude-lip-P421618?skuId=1944206&icid2=products%20grid:p4...

https://www.sephora.com/product/ambient-lighting-edit-volume-3-P423913?skuId=1996313
https://www.sephora.com/product/ambient-strobe-lighting-palette-P423914?skuId=1996321
https://www.sephora.com/product/snake-charmer-5-piece-petite-enamored-hi-shine-gloss-lip-lacquer-col...

smiley faces are for the extra work you put in to add the links?? 😄 @Beadshopgirl

testing