Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Hello BIC! I’m new, but it feels like I’ve always belonged here!

JennBT Intro.jpg

Hey EVERYONE!  I’m @JennBT, I’ve been here the past few months helping behind the scenes, but I thought now was a good time to introduce myself.  I’ll be here in Community for a few more months helping out @TeamBIC, while @LexBT is out on maternity leave.

Before we get into all my current beauty obsessions, let me share a little about myself: I live in the Bay area, but I am from Kentucky. I come from a long line of people who love to accessorize (Derby hats anyone?), and I was taught early on that makeup is the final touch to any good look. Our family is spread out all over the world, so we love to travel both locally and internationally! 

I can’t explain how excited I am to introduce myself to you all!  I have been a long time Sephora Shopper, and a huge lover of all things beauty!  After reading all your comments and posts, I can’t help but think I’ve found my Happy Place.

When it comes to make up, my go-to routine includes mascara, highlighter, a good lip, and if I am feeling fancy, I may throw an eye palette into the mix.

I LOVE a good highlight, and in general I’m drawn to warm tone metallics, so bring on the shine!  I’ve found they are the best complement to my deeper skin tone. I can’t tell you how much gold, bronze, and rose gold metallics you will find in my makeup bag. I’m always chasing that sun kissed glow, so I am totally open to any highlighter/bronzer suggestions!

Now, when it comes to hair, I have very coily 4a/4b, color treated hair.  I am always on the hunt for any product that hydrates coily hair and eliminates frizz and shrinkage.  Ahhhh the shrinkage!  I know some of my curly and coily hair friends can relate.  I love to give my hair a good conditioning mask and oil steam treatment (it’s like a facial for your hair).  It revives my hair and brings so much definition back to my curls.

I would love to hear any of your current hair obsessions!  I would especially like to hear any of your product recommendations for coily hair that requires a lot of moisture to protect definition and avoid shrinkage.  Here are some of my go to hair products! 

So what’s your hair routine? Drop your recommendations down below!

Re: Hello BIC! I’m new, but it feels like I’ve always belonged here!

Welcome to BIC @JennBT  

Welcome welcome @JennBT!! 💜 We're stoked to have you as a part of Team BIC. 😊

Welcome to BIC @JennBT !  I love your hair, I haven't heard of an oil steam treatment but after taking a good look at my hair this morning... I might need to give that a go.  I'm reminded of the old VO5 treatments my mom had when I was a kid.  Gosh I really do need to do something like this for my dry ends.  

I'm looking forward to seeing you around BIC more!

For the steam treatment.  I mix a few drops of oil, for example adwoa beauty Baomint™ Protect + Shine Oil Blend 7.2 oz/ 213 mL or Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil to my deep conditioner/hair mask.  I then sit under a hair steamer with the hair mask in my hair.  It is amazing!  It leaves my hair feeling so soft afterwards!

Welcome, @JennBT! Derby styles are soooo fun, I love seeing the over-the-top fascinators a new hats 👒

I haven’t heard of an oil steam treatment for hair, but mine could definitely benefit from the deep conditioning. I do have some hair oil some I am going to try that out this weekend.

A gratis I just received that fits the bill of both  a highlight & bronze might be the Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil. It has a very warm gold appearance when blended, but also comes off a bit bronze when applied more heavily. 

Very nice to (virtually) meet you!

Ohhhhh I will have to check out Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil, based on the description it sounds like it's right up my alley.

For the steam treatment.  I mix a few drop of oil, for example adwoa beauty Baomint™ Protect + Shine Oil Blend 7.2 oz/ 213 mL or Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil to my deep conditioner/hair mask.  I then sit under a hair steamer with the hair mask in my hair.  It is the best, it leaves my hair soooo soft!

Welcome @JennBT we are SO glad to have you here with us. 

Welcome to the BIC @JennBT .

Yay, so glad to see you here, @JennBT!! Hello!! Welcome!!

With the caveat that I have very straight, fine hair, my current hair obsession is the Virtue Restorative, Hydrating Treatment Hair Mask with Keratin. I love how quick of an application time it is, and its great for restoration after a detox shampoo.

@JennBTHappy Friday!  I'm just struggling to take showers ATM.  🤣  Between not going anywhere, doing anything, seeing anyone, or wearing a mask when I do, I've got very little motivation to do anything with my hair.  That being said, I used the Oribe Intense Conditioner for Moisture & Control 6.8 oz/ 200 mL today and my hair always feels very soft when I do. 

@itscarin I love the Oribe Moisture and control line.

@JennBT Nice to virtually meet you! Unfortunately I cannot give any haircare recommendations since our hair types are not similar, however I wanted to say that I also really love the Olaplex shampoo and conditioner! It's great that those with different hair types can all appreciate it 😀.  I can't use it all the time, but when my hair needs an extra bit of love, I use it (usually once a week I'll use the shampoo and conditioner).  My hair is very fine, a bit thin, wavy and lightened blonde, so it is quite weak, but these products don't weigh it down which is shocking.

PS metallic highlighters are the best!!

I have been using all the steps with Olaplex and I have been quite pleased.  Adding Olaplex No. 0 Intensive Bond Building Hair Treatment and Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector to my wash routine has been a game changer.

And I 100% agree that metallic highlighters are the best!  I love the glow they give!

54 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • JennBT Intro.jpg
testing