Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Hello BIC! Allow me to introduce myself...

0.jpg

BIC! WHAT IS UP!?

My name is Alexa, but most call me Lex, and I joined Sephora a little over a month ago. I’ve been living in San Francisco working in tech, most recently managing  communities in the wild, wild world of cryptocurrency. Needless to say, I am SO excited to join you and my new homies @KatieBT @BrendaBT @ShiraBT and @VivianBT on this beauty adventure. 

A bit about me: I inherited my beauty product obsession from my mom, who always has her pulse on the new and trendy in beauty, fashion, and wellness. I grew up in the Bay Area here in California where I get my hippie sensibilities, including an obsession with ingredients, wellness, and lazy-girl beauty. But don’t let the locale fool you! When the weekend comes around, I TURN UP the glam from head to toe. Like many of you, I also have a bit of a bicoastal beauty perspective. I lived in New York for seven years and am well-versed in the art of humidi-beauty (a.k.a. what to do when you sweat your face off on the E train). I’ve tried almost every beauty trend in the book – the good, the bad, and the #fails – and have always been the go-to in my crew when we’re getting dolled up, whether it be prepping my friends’ faccias for first dates or nailing a festival look.

What else can I tell you? Hmmm… I’m a curly girl, rosacea queen, self-proclaimed greasy donut with a penchant for self-indulgent skincare. I’m on a constant quest to find the balance between owning my stuff while also appearing less red and shiny 🙂 Oh, and I’m getting married this year! Fellow bridezillas: advice welcome. Please and thank you.

Anyway, I’ve already learned so much from lurking around - can’t wait to share my recent haul based on YOUR holy grail recommendations! - and am so excited to hang with you. 

**What is your #1 beginner tip? GO!**

Xoxo

Lex

Re: Hello BIC! Allow me to introduce myself...

Hey @LexBT! Welcome to the BIC 😄🛍💄 I look forward to following your posts and your wedding planning! 

My beginner beauty advice is to determine skin type first and foremost, and then base your skincare and makeup products around thoes needs. 

BIC beginner advice is to jump in to the conversations! It’s so much to interact with everybody, and I learn so much from all the wise people in this community! Have fun 💝

So so so so so so happy you joined us @LexBT!! Welcome to the happy-dome!

Welcome, Lex (@LexBT)!  Enjoy planning your wedding!  I hope you love it here on BIC as much as we do!

Welcome to the BI family, @LexBT! Congrats on the wedding! I hope all goes fantastic. 🙂 My #1 advice is to join in on the llama thread 😉 It's the best thread imo.

giphy.gif

As for beauty beginner advice, don't be afraid of colour, even if it turns out bad. I used to wear bright eyeshadows and glitter eyeliner to match when I first started wearing makeup and as bad as it looked, it was more fun than the same neutral looks I'd do for the last 3 years of high school 😛 

Can't wait to see you around to get to know you more!

Welcome @LexBT and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! 

@LexBT Welcome! I love that photo! My #1 Beginner tip is: Don't be afraid of red lipstick!

Hi @LexBT,

Welcome to BIC! I look forward to seeing future posts and seeing you in the office one of these days. PS: I love the photo that you posted! I'm guessing: Color Factory, SF? 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Hi, @LexBT!  Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  Everything I've learned about makeup/skin care has been from trial and error/experimentation and the great advice here on BT/BIC.  Unlike your mom, mine is pretty much anti-makeup.  Therefore, I didn't start wearing makeup until I was in my 20's.  I didn't get really interested until Sephora moved to town about 10-12 years ago (my 40's).  My advice is wear what you like, what makes you happy--don't worry about what other people think.  It's your face!

Hi @LexBT,

Welcome to the Beauty Insider Community, Gorgeous! I'm a California Native as well, and my favorite California-based skin care brand is Youth To The People. They have this really amazing mask, it's called the Superfood Antioxidant Mask. It has superfoods like kale and spinach. You put it on for like 15 minutes and it gives you that natural, dewy glow. I highly recommend it!

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

RE: Hello BIC! Allow me to introduce myself...

You are so beautiful!😍 I love the intro; Congratulations and the best of luck to you!💋

Welcome @LexBT. This place is full of the kindest, sweetest people! Congratulations on your wedding! 

Hi @LexBT, welcome! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I got married October 2016 but feels like yesterday. I would try to add an extra hour or two to the evening if possible, it went way too fast! Anyway, thanks feel like most BIC beginner tips have been covered but I will say that we LOVE pictures! Whether it’s hauls, collections, finds, pics of people in masks, makeup, no makeup, costumes, and the same goes for pets and llamas, lol. Enjoy!

7DE02B45-C36E-4716-AA97-CAC77E262E99.gif

Welcome to BIC @LexBT!  Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  My tip would be just to jump in and have fun. I love when the mods interact with us on different topics even the non beauty ones!

a51d812ab2dfee6e3a50c42bef43cd29.gif

photofunky.gif

SPACE_LLAMA.gif

Space Llama, I love you.

Welcome to BIC, @LexBT! It's a great little corner of the beauty universe here! And congrats on the upcoming wedding! 

@LexBT Welcome Lex! Youll like it here, we have lots of fun 😁😁😁

Anonymous Insider

Welcome @LexBT  And I agree with @Anastasiya13 very very helpful folks here

Hey Hon, welcome to the sephora world. Girls here have been amazing, and the best tip I can give is dont be afraid to ask, since people are just so helpful here.

Hey @LexBT ! Welcome to our indulgent, guilt free,  helpful, very happy and supportive group 🙂 

I think we share the sameish hair!!! LOL So I cant wait to hear what products you are using! 

Enjoy every second of your bridezillaness as it will be done before you know it. So glad to meet you ❤️

Welcome @LexBT!!! We are excited to have you hanging out with us Heart Also, congrat on your upcoming wedding

37 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • 0.jpg
  • giphy
  • SPACE_LLAMA.gif
  • a51d812ab2dfee6e3a50c42bef43cd29.gif
  • photofunky.gif
  • 7DE02B45-C36E-4716-AA97-CAC77E262E99.gif
  • giphy.gif
testing