cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Community 101: Questions & Answers!

Q&A Launch_020221.jpg

Right above the Beauty Insider Community’s Ratings & Reviews on Sephora.com product pages, Questions & Answers allows you to ask about products you’re interested in and respond to other Sephora shoppers’ questions using your own beauty expertise. Want to know if a certain moisturizer will work for your skin type? Looking to drop knowledge about your favorite foundation? Questions & Answers is the place for you. If there is anything in your purchase history or your Loves list you can share knowledge about, click through to those product pages to answer questions from fellow beauty lovers and help a shopper out!

To submit a question, click on “Ask a question” under Questions & Answers. You do not need to be logged in – anyone can ask a question anonymously! When composing your question, be sure to include specific information that would be helpful for others to know such as your skin type, hair type, or beauty concerns. Do not include personal information like your full name, address, or order information.

To submit an answer, select “Answer this question” below the question you would like to respond to. If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so before submitting your answer. This helps ensure that a “Verified Purchase” badge will appear on your answer if you have purchased the product online within the last 60 days (read more about our Verified Purchase badge here: Introducing: Verified Purchase Badges on Ratings & Reviews!). When writing a response to a question, be sure to include any information about your own experience with the product if you think would be helpful for the question asker to know. Remember to select the checkbox for “I work at Sephora” if you are a Sephora employee, and/or “I received a free sample” if you received this product for free!

Q&A_Example screen.PNG

Questions & Answers FAQs:

How do I sign into Questions & Answers?

Anyone can ask a question, but only people logged into their Beauty Insider Community accounts can respond to questions with an answer. To sign out of Questions & Answers, simply log out of your Beauty Insider Community account.

Is Questions & Answers available on my mobile device?

You can access Questions & Answers by visiting Sephora.com from your favorite desktop or mobile web browser application, or by clicking into product pages within the Sephora app for Android/iOS! 

How long will it take for my question or answer to appear on the product page?

If approved, questions and answers are posted within 72 hours from the time you submit them. This allows for all Questions & Answers submissions to go through moderation before appearing on Sephora.com. You can read more about our Questions & Answers submission guidelines here!

Who will be answering questions in Questions & Answers?

If you submit a question through Questions & Answers, you should expect to receive answers from Sephora shoppers like yourself, Beauty Insider Community moderators, or Sephora PRO Artists!

How do I know when my question has been answered?

When you leave a question on a product page, you can select the option to receive an email notification when someone answers your question! You won't be notified of responses if you do not check this option.

How many people can respond to each question?

There is no limit to the number of answers a single question can receive.

Can I respond back to answers I receive on a question?

No, you cannot respond to answers. To start a back-and-forth conversation with Sephora shoppers like you, please visit Community Home!

How do I post links in Questions & Answers?

While you cannot tag products in Questions & Answers, you can copy and paste any Sephora link into the question or answer submission field. Please note that only Sephora.com or Sephora.ca links are permitted within Questions & Answers.

How can I report inappropriate material on Questions & Answers?

Please report inappropriate content or behavior to Sephora moderators using one of the resources listed in the Customer Service Help page here.

We hope you’re as excited about Questions & Answers as we are! 😊 

Re: Introducing Questions & Answers!

@TeamBIC  Ooo this is awesome. Great idea, and will be so helpful.

This is a very helpful addition to the site. I think it will increase the number of questions answered for customers who previously may have posted them as a new thread in the forum.

@TeamBIC 

Great idea! Can’t wait to participate 😌

YESSSS @GG84 drop that hair expertise knowledge! 

@TeamBIC it looks really well thought-out :).  I can see how this would especially be a useful features for newbies but obviously everyone can benefit from this.

Yay! I'm so glad you think so @CookieGirl1

@CarolBT and thanks for explaining the feature so well!  I feel like that's also really helpful; people are much more likely to get the full benefit from it if they know how it works, of course 🤗.

@TeamBIC I am SO excited for this feature!  I remember when there was a Q & A some time ago, and I liked reading and posting.  I hope people use it, and use it often!  🙂

Oh, I remember this!  Looking forward to the new & improved version 👌🏼👍🏼

@greeneyedgirl107 @Agreed! It’s a helpful shopping experience to see what other people are thinking to ask and I’m happy we can all see the answers !

@greeneyedgirl107 @TeamBIC I miss this old feature too.  So glad it's coming back.

We were so excited to bring it back @greeneyedgirl107! Hopefully new and improved 😉

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • Q&A_Example screen.PNG
  • Q&A Launch_020221.jpg
  • Q&A_Sephora app.PNG
testing