Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png

Hello to all my bronzy BIC babes!

Many of us share a deep love for the payoff we see and feel after adding warmth to our beauty looks. As much as I love a naturally sun-kissed tan, SPF is a non-negotiable and we do not get much sun in San Francisco – especially while sheltering in place. A touch of bronzer or self-tanner creates the illusion that I get my daily dose of Vitamin D from my love of the great outdoors instead of a supplement. I am also a member of the “I went too far with my tanning bed membership in college” club and am relatively fair-skinned so have kissed tanning beds buh-bye!

Many of you already know that this step in our beauty routines is a confidence booster. I don’t think I’m alone in my love for all things BRONZE. This thread is for my bronzing brainiacs, contour connoisseurs, and self-tanning smarty pants – but it’s also for those interested in learning more.

Spill the tea on your HG bronzers, cannot-live-without self-tanners, and any other products you use to add warmth to your complexion.

This thread is also the place to talk about newness. If you see something launching and want the inside scoop, reply to this thread. I will try to get my hands on it and am happy to serve as your human experiment!

I will be adding some of my before and after photos using some of my favorite bronzing products. Open the spoiler to see!

Spoiler

DISCLAIMER: This thread is a no-shame zone. If you aren’t into this topic, there are plenty of other threads for you to love.

Re: RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@KatieBT I haven't tried the DDG Body Glow pads....maybe I need to make just one more purchase?! Haha...I'll make sure to get my shins! 

Re: RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@bem564 haha yes the shins are a very obvious spot to miss - who knew?! 

Did you end up picking these up? 

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

My favorite makeup bronzer is Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Bronzer Luminous Bronze Light in luminous bronze and my favorite tanning products for a sun-kissed glow are TAN-LUXE THE GRADUAL Illuminating Gradual Tan Lotion 8.45 oz/ 250 mL and St. Tropez Self Tan Purity Bronzing Water Face Mist 2.7 oz/ 80 mL

with the sale on I'm looking forward to trying out Isle of Paradise Glow Clear, Color Correcting Self-Tanning Mousse Light and KOSAS - The Sun Show Moisturizing Baked Bronzer

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@Brutalitops thanks for sharing your faves!! Did you end up purchasing the Isle of Paradise Glow Clear, Color Correcting Self-Tanning Mousse Light? This sounds like a vital product for any at-home self-tanner but I’ll definitely want to hear what you think! 

@KatieBTIt was OOS in the shade I wanted (light, I'm new to tanning products so I wanted something that wouldn't be so obvious if I messed up lol), so I'll pick it up this month when my sephora credit rewards drop

Some of my faves are TARTE - SEA Mini Breezy Cream Bronzer and MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - O!Mega Bronzer Coconut Perfect Tan ! I really want to try the nudestix ones! 

@Kim888 these look lovely - this thread is teaching me a lot about bronzer, especially that there’s still so much out there for me to try! I absolutely adore anything Nudestix so I agree with you on wanting to test their bronzer. Is this the product you have your eye on? NUDESTIX - Nudies Matte Blush & Bronze - Terracotta Tan

@KatieBT yes! I've seen some really pretty summer bronzed looks done with it so I'm very interested in it!

@Kim888 I’ve been meaning to that tarte bronzer! Would you mind posting a swatch? I love the MJ, too, such a winner!

@makeitup305 Sorry just seeing this! Here is a swatch - I swatched the Milk makeup one on top ( I know a lot of people have seen that one) and then the Tarte one is on the bottom - this is the lightest shade as that's the one they had the mini in IMG_0557.jpg

@Kim888 I've heard really good reviews on the TARTE - SEA Breezy Cream Bronzer so far; it sounds like it has a really nice formula.  Thanks for the swatches!

@Kim888 thank you ! I don't have the Milk one (though it's been on my list for forever!) but I really like the tone of the tarte one too. Seems more neutral/slightly cooler which is right up my alley.

@makeitup305 @Definitely why I like it ! I prefer a slightly cooler/neutral situation as well

RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

My new and absolutely favourite is Fenty’s bronzer in Shady Biz gives me the perfect amount of warmth! 🌞 I do like to try a new one every year though just to see if I can find an even better tan look 💜

@melissapurple22 we are Sun Stalk’r twinz- Shady Biz is my favorite bronzer shade as well! 

I personally love the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Sun Stalk'r Instant Warmth Bronzer Caramel Cutie. It's a powder bronzer but very blendable and natural - I literally use this everyday for a slight bronze & in my crease/undereyes for an everyday eyeshadow look. They also have a great shade range with different undertones (reds, neutrals, etc), so you can get a shade depending on your skin's undertones as well.

Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

I love hoola bronzer, really warms up my face nicely and hourglass ambient lighting bronzer. what brushes do you guys use for bronzers?

I have the hoola bronzer as well! I like it a lot but I’m not a huge fan of the brush it came with.

@Abbiegalie I agree with you 100% I love Hoola and the Hourglass bronzer is also so beautiful.

If you’re looking for a bronzer brush I have to gush about the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheek Hugging Bronzer Brush 190! The brush does a really great job of picking up your bronzer and then from there I actually stamp it on my cheek bones, chin, etc. and blend. The brush blends product very well. This brush is definitely unique but I cannot imagine a brush better suited for my bronzing routine. Every time I do use a different brush to apply bronzer I have a harder time applying it because I’ve grown accustomed to using this daily. I can’t even travel without it and had to rush to Sephora after this fell out of my bag on a trip last summer. If that isn’t dedication to a makeup brush I don’t know what is!!

I have always really enjoyed what Too Faced has to offer in the bronzing department. Out of my collection of bronzers, I probably reach for theirs the most often during the warmer months. If am looking for a more contoured or just trying to hide the pale in the cooler months, my favorite is a Dior one swirled with some pink to give a more natural flush. Self tanning, I like the St. Tropez drop mixed in with my moisturizer. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • 4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png
  • 02BF3825-43C2-4039-9A5C-1D0FC5A7D8A2.jpeg
  • 10EA261B-62C2-41DF-9A10-6909C5341C57.jpeg
  • 91898C34-447D-4930-A6C1-303C97DE2D95.jpeg
  • 20200505_104921.jpg
  • 20200505_105000.jpg
  • IMG_0557.jpg
  • Yes, I wrote the brand names using blue eyeliner.
  • 5378F820-F474-4213-B280-7C5260BCE739.jpeg
  • E877CA2E-576D-45B8-B35B-1BDB47AFFD6F.jpeg
  • Kosas, Ilia, Ilia, CT
  • E061A93C-6CBB-4E93-ACDC-C14973D8D129.jpeg
  • 74B64246-E5C6-475B-8164-42C08FBAF7A9.jpeg
  • IMG_1742.JPG
  • L-R: WG Air Brush, 02, 10, 11, 12
testing