Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png

Hello to all my bronzy BIC babes!

Many of us share a deep love for the payoff we see and feel after adding warmth to our beauty looks. As much as I love a naturally sun-kissed tan, SPF is a non-negotiable and we do not get much sun in San Francisco – especially while sheltering in place. A touch of bronzer or self-tanner creates the illusion that I get my daily dose of Vitamin D from my love of the great outdoors instead of a supplement. I am also a member of the “I went too far with my tanning bed membership in college” club and am relatively fair-skinned so have kissed tanning beds buh-bye!

Many of you already know that this step in our beauty routines is a confidence booster. I don’t think I’m alone in my love for all things BRONZE. This thread is for my bronzing brainiacs, contour connoisseurs, and self-tanning smarty pants – but it’s also for those interested in learning more.

Spill the tea on your HG bronzers, cannot-live-without self-tanners, and any other products you use to add warmth to your complexion.

This thread is also the place to talk about newness. If you see something launching and want the inside scoop, reply to this thread. I will try to get my hands on it and am happy to serve as your human experiment!

I will be adding some of my before and after photos using some of my favorite bronzing products. Open the spoiler to see!

Spoiler

DISCLAIMER: This thread is a no-shame zone. If you aren’t into this topic, there are plenty of other threads for you to love.

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@KatieBT 

As the palest girl on the block this is the easiest look for me, then add a touch of highlighter and BAM. 

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@GG84 and BAM! hahaha wow this reply made be smile big 😄

Bronzer = magic. 

When I'm doing a more natural/no makeup makeup look I use the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder - Glow Finish Medium Deep to give a soft sun-kissed glow! It's very natural and gives my oily skin a little bit of glow without looking too wet/shiny!

Ooooh @AlexisApplejack I love the way you think and multi-task, I'm all about an efficient beauty routine. 

What's your go-to glam bronzer? Would also love to hear if you're using any self-tanners as well!

RE: Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

For more glam looks I use Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, I’m super neutral so it gives me enough bronze without looking orange! I also like the Fenty bronzer! Unfortunately I don’t self tan, I can just sit outside for an hour or two and get some color 😂

Re: RE: Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@AlexisApplejack you must live somewhere with nice weather! And I LOVE the Too Faced chocolate soleil - great choice!

Who here loves the classic NARS Laguna bronzer?

I hadn’t tried it until recently and, after regular use, can definitely say it’s becoming one of my favorites. I’m not sure if all Lagunas are made equal, but the NARS - Laguna Bronzer Powder with Gold Overspray – Jumbo is quickly becoming one of my new bronzing BFFs!!

I am a sucker for the fancy, gold packaging and it smells like the beach. Opening this palette transports me to Hawaii so if anyone’s seeking an escape from home this may be your ticket to paradise - or a beautiful bronzy glow at least!! Sharing some swatches and a look at the product. 

10EA261B-62C2-41DF-9A10-6909C5341C57.jpeg

02BF3825-43C2-4039-9A5C-1D0FC5A7D8A2.jpeg

@KatieBT uughhh those swatches!!!!

RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

Oh man do I love to be bronzed! My favorite self tanner from Sephora is the Tarte Brazilliance but I recently tried dripping gold by SOSU and it’s unbelievable. Just wish Sephora carried it. For bronzers, my favorite is the Marc Jacobs In Tantastic and when I get a bit tanner I like the Fenty Sun Stalkr bronzers since they have a great shade range.

Re: RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

Color me intrigued @coco1891 - see what I did there? 😄

I really need to try the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - O!Mega Bronzer Coconut Perfect Tan - 104 Tan-Tastic!. Feels like a crime I haven't so much as swatched it yet! Would you say it blends as well as the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Sun Stalk'r Instant Warmth Bronzer Caramel Cutie?

Which Tarte Brazilliance product are you referring to? TARTE - Brazilliance™ PLUS+ Self-Tanner + Mitt or the TARTE - Brazilliance™ 2HR Express Deep Foaming Self-Tanner? 

Re: RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

Hahaha yesss! 

They are both equally blend-able to me. If you are already going to be self tanning start with the Fenty bronzer since its more affordable and then once you can touch in store you can try out the Marc Jacobs. 

I havent tried the 2 hour tan from Tarte but I love the TARTE - Brazilliance™ PLUS+ Self-Tanner + Mitt it smells like a cinnamon bun and it looks good with just one application. It beat out St Tropez for me which I used for years!

@coco1891 thanks for the insight! I will definitely try out the Marc Jacobs and Tarte. I just read up on the Tarte and I love that it's exfoliating, hydrating and clean. Have you found that it's easy to get an even application? 

I love wearing bronzer, even if it’s just a touch. I really love the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - O!Mega Bronzer Coconut Perfect Tan - 104 Tan-Tastic!. Some of my other favorites are the two shades that Victoria Beckham did in collaboration with Estée Lauder, which were LE. My favorite liquid bronzer is the Bare Minerals one in Faux Tan. It has little shimmers when you swatch it but on my face I don’t notice them and the color is one of the best for my skin tone. For cream bronzer, I love the RMS BEAUTY - Buriti Bronzer and I’m thinking of picking up the Fenty and Tower28 to try out.

The bronzer I keep reaching for consistently is TOO FACED - Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer - Chocolate Soleil Second comes Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Bronzer Luminous Bronze Light in filtered bronze light that is one of the edit palettes. For my skin tone, I never need self tanner as I naturally tan very easily and very fast and it lasts entire summer and half way through fall.

@fatimamummy a tan that lasts through the summer and fall?! Where can I get one of those? Juuuust kidding but it's so interesting how we are all so different! 

I am right there with you on your two faves - Too Faced was the first bronzer I ever used and honestly may have helped me wean off tanning beds in college! I used to pack. it. ON. And I still have my moments... 

I also purchased the Hourglass bronzer because it's usually featured in the ambient edit! The shade I own is a little too orange for me at the moment so I need to get another shade I can use year-round. It's still good when I have a summer glow so I can't just get rid of it, right?! 😄 

I love using the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer Chocolate Soleil I love how natural it looks, and that it does not end up looking orange on my skin. It also smells really good.

RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

Hi @KatieBT! 👋🏻 I have a fair complexion as well. I find it hard sometimes to not look orange or heavy handed with bronzers (guilty). My personal favorite is the Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads. They come in two versions: gradual glow and intense. I’ve only tried the gradual glow version. It gives a nice glow & warmth to my skin that I used to get from sunbathing. Glycolic and Lactic acid are in the ingredients, which may be why I feel like my skin looks brighter. I’ve read reviews that state complaints of being orange after use. I can only speak from my personal experience with the gradual glow pads, I’ve never been an orange color after. Using these pads 2-3 x a week keeps my glow on. 🙂

@bem564 Ooh thanks for sharing -- my friend recently recommended these to me and I'm excited to try them! It took me way too long to muster up the energy to self-tan while staying home, and now that I have, I feel GREAT and ready to give these DDG babies a try to maintain my tan. 🙂

@AlexBT I hope you love them!! 

Oh heyyy @bem564 and thanks for sharing!

I agree the struggle to find a tanner that won't give off an orange-y hue is the main objective. Well, that and getting an even application of course! I agree 100% - I have tried the DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Alpha Beta® Glow Pad™ For Body With Active Vitamin D and couple times now and LOVE them! I also didn't get orange and found them relatively easy to apply but it's definitely important to pay attention while applying this product! I totally missed part of my shin and it was very obvious 😄 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • 4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png
  • 02BF3825-43C2-4039-9A5C-1D0FC5A7D8A2.jpeg
  • 10EA261B-62C2-41DF-9A10-6909C5341C57.jpeg
  • 91898C34-447D-4930-A6C1-303C97DE2D95.jpeg
  • 20200505_104921.jpg
  • 20200505_105000.jpg
  • IMG_0557.jpg
  • Yes, I wrote the brand names using blue eyeliner.
  • 5378F820-F474-4213-B280-7C5260BCE739.jpeg
  • E877CA2E-576D-45B8-B35B-1BDB47AFFD6F.jpeg
  • Kosas, Ilia, Ilia, CT
  • E061A93C-6CBB-4E93-ACDC-C14973D8D129.jpeg
  • 74B64246-E5C6-475B-8164-42C08FBAF7A9.jpeg
  • IMG_1742.JPG
  • L-R: WG Air Brush, 02, 10, 11, 12
testing