Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

BeautyTalk Giveaway Today!

MCJW Gratis Image.jpg

Happy Monday BTers!

In honor of their brand launch at Sephora, Madam C.J. Walker is giving away 10 bundles of product for curly to coily hair types! For your chance to win, simply answer the following question in the comments below. Be sure to include the hashtag #MadamCJWalkerGiveaway so your entry is valid!

We want to know: Why do you need these Madam C.J. Walker products for the curls in your life?

Post your answers by midnight tonight and 10 winners will be chosen randomly by Wednesday, March 9th. Good luck BeautyTalkers!

See full giveaway rules here: http://seph.me/1nrH9gA

Re: BeautyTalk Giveaway Today!

Was the giveaway done yesterday? Just curious. 🙂 

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

I've always had really curly hair growing up. it was so curly my mom couldn't handle it and started to perm my hair (use a relaxer) when i was about 7. I just stopped perming my hair about a year or so ago and i am now 21 so my hair isn't all natural just yet and i want to find products that help me with that. I've done some reading on the Madam CJ Walker products i love the fact that they are organic that is really important to me a woman's temple is her body and i believe that includes her hair as well. So what you put in your body or what you use from soap to lip balm should be good for you. I want Madams CJ Walkers products help me transform my hair from chemically induced to natural free beautiful curls. 

I came, I saw, I squealed with delight, I forgot, I remembered, I fell asleep writing my post. 😴😣 This sounds great! I was waiting for the sale to purchase products for my wavy/curly humidity frizzed hair season. 2 faves discontinued. So sad, really wanted #MadamCJWalkerGiveaway. 

i have thick curly dark hair. i recently got married and my husband didnt previously like curly hair apparently. but since he met me, he cant help stare or keep his hands off my hair. these products will help keep my hair even better and help me create more lovers for naturally curly hair.(like my husband became one eventually)

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

My hair is super coily and can be frizzy at time so these product would make a lovely addition to my routine.

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway 

These Madam C.J. Walker products look beautiful and I'm so happy to see new brands entering Sephora! I actually have very wavy hair, and I think it would be amazing to try out these curly hair products. My hair really can go either way - straight or curly, but instead it likes to sit right in the middle. I'd love to see how these work and hopefully will make my hair pick a side!!

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

Anonymous Insider

I need these Madam C.J. Walker products for the curls in my life so that I can LOVE the CURLS!  Never happy with the hair . . . always working to change the hair style.  Looking forward to be satisfied, happy, and confident in the beauty of curly hair.  Madam C.J. Walker products will help with that.  #MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

My curls are a mixture of 3A/3B and are insanely dry; they get drier the longer I go between washing! As a kid and teen I hated my frizzy curls and would spend hours straightening – 1.5+ blow drying and 2+ hours with a flat iron. It was such a hassle that I saved up for the Chi Chemical Straightening Treatment. It cost $100 per hour and took about 5 hours to do my hair but we’re family friends with the salon owner so I got a half off discount. Within a month half of my hair had fallen out on the crown of my head and along the hairline. With my frizzy curls the grow out was horrible and oh-so-traumatic for my early teen self, let’s just say the word “faux-hawk” was used. Looking back on it now I find it quite funny.

It was a few more years before I found the styling product that made me first embrace my natural curls, the long discontinued Alterna Hemp Organics Texturizing Glaze. I’ve tried drug store to higher end but have never found a whole system from shampoo to finishing products that I enjoy using together. I’ve found a few products to “cocktail” but nothing quite as good as that first one and am always on the hunt for potential HG curl products.

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

I was born with natural curly hair. No matter what the popular style of the year was I have always embraced my curls. I don't straighten my hair. I have tried so many products over many decades that don't work.

Thank you so much for this opportunity

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

I need these products because I need to do something with my fine, limp hair. I don't have the gorgeous curls that other girls have, my hair just gets frizzy and hangs there (especially in the humidity and changing weather of New York City). I'd like to leave my hair out instead of trying to pull it into a ponytail all the time.

I want to see if these products would give me curls that I can be proud of.I would like to try natural products because I do have allergies and I think that natural products would help with that.

And as a woman of color, I would be proud to help support the legacy of Madam CJ Walker, a true pioneer and trailblazer.

Good luck to everyone!

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

Just this month, I have started to actively look for a new routine to take care of my long and curly hair. I thought the length of my hair was weighing it down but it ended up being my shampoo & conditioner. I'm a mix of Puerto Rican, Italian, Spanish and Scots Irish and my hair is confused to say the least with lots of thickness and some dry, coarseness to it, but overall, its very healthy.

I'd love to try this brand to achieve my most beautiful curls.

Also, to be able try a brand that has been around for as long as Madam CJ Walker's brand would just be a great experience. I've read about her and every year for Black History Month, there are local PSAs about important African Americans and their contribution to this country and Madam CJ Walker was one of them. When I saw Sephora was bringing them on, I was intrigued not just for my hair and the products but also for the history.

Thank you Sephora & Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture  for opportunity.

As an African American woman, I have a deep appreciation for what Madame CJ Walker did for black beauty and hair care. I have thick ringlets and spiral curls that are almost waist-length and finding the right products that keep my curls well formed but not greasy from too much oil or crispy from gel has been a challenge all my life! I'm hoping to find some new products to give me the control I need while accentuating my natural texture.  It's liberating to be able to bring out the glory of beautiful curls!

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

I have natural curl in my hair if I coax it to come out. Sometimes I have a good product combination to encourage those curls, but other days the same combo doesn't work. If these products are geared towards curls specifically, I am very eager to try them!  Plus, look at that gorgeous packaging and cool product names! 

Looking forward to a chance to win, and also for the product launch!! 

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

I need this kit in my life because I just got engaged this week, and if there's one thing I need to get in control before the big day, its my hair! I just haven't found the right solution honestly. My hair is both dehydrated from coloring and lays limp without styling it. I've been trying out Devacurls co-wash but its a touch too heavy for me. The protein prewash sounds like a great recipe for my dehydration, and I would hope the cowash may be just what I'm looking for! Please sephora and CJ Walker, help me get my perfect bridal hair for the big day!

I need this because both my toddler and myself have curly hair that I can't style! I need help finding our holy grail products. I need this so my daughter can be her prettiest self --- which is so important as a very young woman navigating herself in a world where no one completely looks like you. I need this so that I can find a way to make my hair presentable and look as put together as I can. Thanks!

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

Why do I need it?

I need it because I have crazy wavy hair.  My daughter has perfect hair but claims hers is crazy curly too.  I need it because I love contests and can never not enter even though I never seem to win...and I need it because I'm a loyal sephora customer, BTer and reviewer.

But I really don't "need" it..I just love contests....

Anonymous Insider

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

I have struggled all my life with fine, limp wavy/curly hair which became even more unruly after the birth of my first child and has never recovered. My way of dealing with it has always been to blow dry it straight and or flat iron it. I would love to be able to embrace the body in my hair and let it be it's natural self but I haven't found a product yet that either doesn't weigh my hair down and make it look greasy and flat or make it look wet and crunchy. Can these products help? Are they my Holy Grail? I have almost all but given up trying to find something that will work for me and my repressed waves and curls, so if this is the line for me, then send it my way PLEASE!

I actually want these products for my best friend's curls! She has VERY curly hair and currently uses no product for her curls because she has only had bad luck with things she has tried.  She complains how her hair gets crunchy or looks fake depending on the products she uses.  She has resorted to using conditioner on dry hair to smooth out her frizz, but I think she deserves proper products for her gorgeous hair. I know she would never be on these forums, so I figured I would do this for her :).

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

I have curly hair and it looks horrible if I don't use the right products. Would love to try this line and see what it does to life and separate my curls

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

I have "combination" or "confused" hair that maybe Madam CJ Walker can whip into shape. (Literally.  A curly shape would be nice!) Some areas are wavy, some are curly, and some are straightish.   My daughter would benefit from this as well - she has very voluminous curly hair that I don't even know what to do with. 

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

I need these Madam C.J. Walker products for the curls in my life because my curls need a bit more help to achieve the look of gorgeous locks of silky spirals bouncing on my head! 😄

#MadamCJWalkerGiveaway

66 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • MCJW Gratis Image.jpg
testing