Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

teambic practing self-care rituals.jpg

As the New Year unfolds and we adjust back into our daily hectic routines it is important to remember to pause, take a break, and take care of ourselves as well. This year my biggest goal is to practice more self-care rituals. After all, beauty starts from within!

As a way to commit, hold each other accountable, and ultimately help each other take care of ourselves, we thought it would be fun to do a weekly self-care check-in, by choosing one ritual and reporting back weekly with our progress.

Now, I know most of us are busy people, but dedicating time for ourselves can be as simple and effective as:

1. A morning meditation, and/or nightly adaptogenic drink (may we suggest FOUR SIGMATIC - Golden Latte Mushroom Mix with Shiitake & Turmeric or FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Hot Cacao Mix with Reishi )
  2. Better sleep! Committing to getting a full night's sleep 1 night/week, and sticking to an earlier bedtime.
  3. Waking up! Get up after that first alarm so you’re less rushed in the morning and have more time to mentally prepare for the day!
  4. Be active - get to yoga 1/week or go for an early morning run before work.
  5. Skincare - masking on a weekly basis, getting a facial, or remembering to remove your makeup every night!
  6. “Me time!” Embrace the FOGO (fear of going out), read that book you've been wanting to pick up
  7. Make healthier choices - adding more fruits and veggies to your meals.
  8. YOU PICK! You know yourself better than we do, so if we missed something please share how *you* want to take care of yourself. Just don’t forget to check in with us! 😊

This thread will be a place to talk about your weekly self-care check-ins, share how you’re feeling about your progress, recommend/talk about products you’re using, and share your self-care tips and tricks.

Reply below to tell us which self-care ritual you’re committing to!

*EDIT 4/2:

Hello everyone, we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe! Given the times, we may just need this thread more than ever so we wanted to add in extra self-care goals now that many of us are spending more time at home or are going into the world helping others. Here are some additional ideas for taking care of yourself. We challenge you to try a few of these and share your wins on this thread!

1. Stick to your routine: Maybe it's putting on your favorite outfit instead of PJs or doing your makeup/hair in the morning! Snap an OOTD and share it here.
  2. Staying active: This could be as easy as one 10-minute workout video each week or dusting off your yoga mat. Let’s see that at-home gym or virtual workout class!
  3. Setting up your space: Are you reading, eating, sleeping, working out, and BIC-ing in the same spot? Try to establish devoted spaces for all of your activities.  
  4. Stay social: Set up virtual face-time with your loved ones and maybe spend some extra time here in the BIC!
  5. Spring Cleaning: Try reorganizing your home, bedroom, or simply going through your stuff to declutter your space. If you reorganize your beauty space we would love to see a before and after photo here!
  6. Take on a new hobby or learn a new skill: Master that smokey eye you’ve always wanted to. Maybe even learn a new language or instrument!
  7. Do your own nails - no nail salon? No problem. Let’s see that at-home mani once you’re done – no worries if it isn’t perfect.

What are you doing for self-care? We are open to all advice and want to congratulate you on your little wins!

Re: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

@averylayne I went back Jan 6th. I was so lucky to get 4 months off to bond with baby. The first day was definitely the hardest and then we both got really sick. 

@SportyGirly125 oh no, hope you guys are feeling better!

@averylayne Trying to both get better but it’s been a rough 2 weeks back at work. I had to take off a lot of days to take care of baby. 

@SportyGirly125, sorry to hear you and baby sportygirly haven't been feeling well. The face steamer is also good for helping to decongest when sick.

@itsfi good to know. We had to get a nebulizer for my daughter so I guess it’s the same thing. 

This year my selfcare goal is all about fitness. After switching jobs last year, I’ve gained over 20 lbs. I went from being pretty active to sitting at a desk all day. I’ve done really well the last 2 weeks and exercised 4 times each week. I also need to work on my diet not just for weight loss but for my digestive issues. 

I hear Ya @faeriegirl ! Desk jobs take a big toll! Digestive issues can really take a toll. I have an autoimmune condition, ulcerative colitis, that got be very interested in digestive health, functional medicine, and naturopathy. Diet plays such a huge role in our well-being, and helps so much! Hope you make huge strides this year!😃🙌

Thank you @ClassicallyFab!

2019 my skincare goals were:

1. Take better care of my skin ✔

2. Wash my face before bedtime everyday ✔ - all but maybe once. I always would wash my face in the morning, and sleep in my makeup. That has changed!!

2020:

1. Use the skincare I've collected in 2019

2. Find my 'best-for-me' skincare products 

Skincare ties into wellbeing for me. The dull skin is no more and I feel better about the skin I'm in.

@BrendaBT 

Yes, love these goals, @l8totheparty! I always struggle with the find the right one for me, because there is always new products coming out!!

You did great with your goals last year @l8totheparty. Looking forward to hearing about the skincare products that work best for you.

I would love to get on the self care wagon but I’m a first time mom with no child experience. My kid is the first diaper I’ve ever changed!  Right now self care for me is getting to the doctor’s when I need to, or eating or drinking water. Even showering is a luxury atm. I need to get back to the gym for my own mental health! 

I’m in awe of everyone who manages to be a first time mom on their own. I have a ton of help and I was still crazy overwhelmed in the first week. Everyone said it would be hard but I didn’t realize I’d be running around trying to keep up!  

right now, the most I can reasonably commit to to myself is brushing my teeth 2x a day, flossing, washing my face 2x a day + moisturizer, and maybe the occasional shower. 

My reach commitment would be to take the dog and baby out for a walk at least once a day for at least a mile. I’m going to have to play that by ear though!

@itscarin @Oh my gosh!  Congrats!   Don’t worry no one actually expects you to keep up.   That’s all you putting pressure on yourself.   Brushing your teeth is a good start.    Tips that saved me during that transition - keep face wipes by the bed, Put baby in the car seat or chair beside the shower and take that shower, it’s okay for them to cry for the three four minutes it takes to hop in and out. You can easily see theyre alright.   Even if you don’t wash your hair it’s refreshing and makes you feel almost human;). Plus you’re forced to change your clothes which are inevitably covered in some bodily fluid from the little one;)
It took me like four months to get enough into the swing of things to start applying cream blush and mascara, haha.  It’s temporary and you’ll soon start forgetting how you even go through it.  

If you don’t get out for that walk you can use baby as a weight and lift them up and down - it’s something.  oh I would also lay my little guy between my legs and do sit-ups and give him kisses everytime I came up.  He loved it.  My non- abs hated it..:D   

Congratulations on your baby,  @itscarin !  Good luck with reaching your goals! 

I have confidence in you.

Congrats on the birth of your child, @itscarin! It sounds like you are already doing so much, congratulations on the self care you're doing!!

Congratulations on your baby, @itscarin !  Going for a walk with your baby and dog each day (or close to it) is a great goal!  It gets all of you out of the house to enjoy the fresh air.  💖💖💖

for the first 3 months even after my fourth, I felt like...

for the first 3 months even after my fourth, I felt like a zombie. (I had a 8, 5, 2 year old & a newborn. She was preemie (both girls were actually-preclampsia)so they wanted me to limit nursing her only 10 min a day so I know all about the feed baby & then pump. My goal was 6 month-you don't have the same supply as when you nurse straight from the breast. (Figured that out quick😞 i had nursed one 18 mon & the then 2 year old for 16mon. ) I made it 5 1/2 mon. i hope they told you to massage the area of the clogged duct. (in the shower for less clean up😉)the weight will come off, nursing itself takes care of a few hundred calories. I know it's frustrating but you do want the weight to come off naturally (slowly) so it stays & gives your skin time to snap back (coming from 4x c-section momma of 4)@itscarin

Re: for the first 3 months even after my fourth, I felt like...

@sonnydee 4 times!!!! I did 2 and I’m like no more I can’t keep getting cut open. 

oh no😬@itscarin my sister got that so I knew to start ma...

oh no😬@itscarin my sister got that so I knew to start massaging at the very first signs of it. When you get further along still stay away from any underwire (it will be tempting when you start weaning because you'll want them back instead of feeling like a cow!😉) those hospital grades are so fast! I invested in 1 & it lasted for almost all 4. Stay strong & sleep when the baby sleeps, hard to do I know when we have so much to do but it will keep you sane👶

@sonnydee I found out the hard way about clogged ducts. I’m on penicillin now to clear up any mastitis I may have had. Now I’m definitely feeling for lumps and massaging them as they come. I was under the impression that a hospital grade pump would take care of everything but nope, they do not!

@itscarin  Oh my gosh clogged ducts are horrible! When you next get out to the store pick up some lecithin and start taking it daily to help prevent future clogged ducts.  

430 Replies
testing