cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

2019 Beauty Resolutions

New Years Image.png

2018 was a big year for all of us here in the Beauty Insider Community. We fell in love with new skincare products, swatched oh-so-many palettes, attended some incredible events, learned about products we didn't love and made new friends right here in the process. With 2018 in mind, we want to hear what your 2019 beauty resolutions are. Maybe you want to drink more water to achieve ultimate skin health or you are ready to pan that eyeshadow palette you've been working on since 2017.

Whatever your 2019 beauty resolutions are, we want to hear them! Please use this thread as a place to share, keep yourself accountable, and support others!

Re: 2019 Beauty Resolutions

Time to share updates! How are our beauty resolutions coming along? January is almost over and I want to make sure everyone remembers their goals or shares them if they haven't already.

Feel free to leave a comment to update us or request a nudge so we can help you stay on track. 

On that note, I recently re-organized my samples (I do this every 6 months or so) and put them in different bags so they don't stress me out so much 😄 One bag for skincare, one for SPF, one of moisturizer, one for treatments... Is this BANANAS or do some of you also have samples hoards that require organization and upkeep of said organization? This has made them easier to see but I can't say I have made a dent yet... More to come!

Another resolution was to stick to one lipstick at a time and actually use them up! I have also been wearing lipstick more often and making a dent in my Urban Decay x Kristen Leanne Vice Lipstick in Bun Bun. I started wearing this a couple months ago but I am shocked at how much I have used up already! The only sad part of this is that I really love the color but I probably have a handful of similar shades I've been neglecting so I will get to use those next!

UD Lippies Pic.png

I shared a lot of other resolutions and sadly, haven't been to the beach once nor have I eliminated sugar from my diet. My water consumption has been higher than in 2017, yet I'm always thirsty so any and all tips are appreciated! 

I want to drink more water (since my doctor told me to), and pan all of my makeup - mainly my eyeshadows since I rarely get to them. My lipsticks stand a fighting chance since they’re starting to get in regular rotation. 

I finally have some Beauty Resolutions for 2019, great thread @KatieBT! ☺ I have loved reading all of the responses and have feel inspired! Good luck to everyone striving for their best 💫💖

- Hair Mask at least twice a month (once a week would be ideal. 

- Incorporate a retinol into my skincare routine on a consistant basis (has anyone tried the DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream?).

- Find a supplement to help improve myself from the inside out (I'd love recommendations)!

- Hit pan on 1 palette 

@bakeamuffin try Moon Juice SuperYou® Daily Stress Management Refillable Supplement 60 capsulesif stress is a concern. Overal, I feel “well” when I am taking this supplement. I am about to be on my third bottle pretty soon!

if stress isn’t a concern let me know what you want your supplements to help with and I can ask our wellness gurus 🙂

Thank you @KatieBT! I have been so curious about the Moon Juice brand, I think it's time to try some of their products! Stress is always on the table, since becoming a mom I've struggled with anxiety and stress management,  so I think this one would be so beneficial! 

Moon Juice isn't available on sephora.ca yet, but it looks like there are some other places I can order it from. ☺

Great resolutions @bakeamuffin! I think @Kim888 bought the DE Retinol, if I remember correctly 😉

I'm not one to make a resolution but there are areas in my life that I need to work on.  I am a firm believer that true beauty comes from within and everyone is beautiful in his or her own way.  So that said I need to refocus some of my energies that I've placed on work for the last few years back on my own self-care.  Clean eating, exercise, and somehow get back onto a good sleep schedule.  I will continue to focus on skincare and hopefully have more opportunities to wear make-up this year.  I have found wonderful products and hope to be able to use them more often.

RE: 2019 Beauty Resolutions

I almost forgot. I plan to stop hoard Sephora goodies and using more of what I got. I will stick to a skincare routine for at least two weeks before switching out to try out a new product.

RE: 2019 Beauty Resolutions

This year I’m going to attend beauty school for makeup. I plan to use the information I learn in school to make noteworthy eye looks. Once I’m done with school I plan to post more looks in the community to inspire as those before me do.

My main beauty resolution is to be nicer to myself. I need to stop tearing myself down over every line and bump, and stop picking at my skin. Sometimes I wish I could exfoliate my face away and just get a new one. I'm going to be kinder to myself and my skin this year. I hope that counts.

I also want to declutter my beauty collection, and the rest of my belongings, so that it will be easier to move out of my apartment. I'm hoping to find/buy a house this summer!

That's the perfect resolution @ShannonAlexis  Just remember you are human and embrace yourself.  I hope it goes well.

This is a great resolution, @ShannonAlexis!  Good luck!

I am rooting for you to accomplish your beauty resolution, @ShannonAlexis. Your words really touched me and I hope you learn this year to be gentle and kind to yourself. This is a great place to start 🤗

I want to achieve a good cut crease! I can't seem to get one but my social butterfly pallette is very helpful. 😉

Mine are try to use up more of my stuff before buying new things...if that's even possible with all the new goodies coming out! But in all seriousness, I've been better compared to a few years ago. I now buy things I know i'll use or finish.

Another resolution is to try to wean myself off my crimper... (sorry, this is a long story haha) I've been using it for the past decade (crimping just underneath my hair so it bumps it up) or so and I've grown so used to having super volume in my hair, but sometimes the crimps show towards the end of the day when my hair starts getting a bit dirtier and messy. 

I'm starting to experiment more with combining different volumizing products to find the golden formula. Today is the first day in a long time that I didn't crimp my hair and I'm relying soley on my styling routine to keep the volume. I started using Bumble and bumble Thickening Great Body Volumizing Blow Dry Cream 5 oz/ 150 mLafter I shower at night from the crown to the ends of my hair and in the morning, I give my bangs and top of my head a quick rinse to wet it and use the amika Plus Size Volume & Body Mousse 8.5 oz / 252 mLon the damp part of my hair. After blow-drying, I dust a bit of the Bumble and bumble Prêt-à-Powder Dry Shampoo Powder 2 oz/ 56 g on my bangs to make sure it doesn't get oily throughout the day then finish off with Oribe dry texture spray *breathes* ! seems like a lot of work for the morning haha! 

Great idea @KatieBT ! Like some others, I'm going to try and shop my stash this year.  I love collecting but what's the point if nothing gets used and loved?!

My other big resolution is to finally learn to do a proper wing.  I say it every year but I mean it this time.  I've dug out all brushes and liners I've bought but never used and I'm doing it! I'm going to read all the other posts for further inspo now 😛

practice/start with black eyeshadow @michelleshops you ca...

practice/start with black eyeshadow @michelleshops you can always go over it with the eyeliner when you got it perfect! 😉it has helped so much-when I have to wear a wing

@KatieBT Fun! 

I don't make resolutions, but the new year is always an opportunity to track progress. I've been working on being more consistent with SO MANY THINGS in my life, including skin care routines, workout schedule, personal and professional goal progress, etc. So I will be working even hard towards those things, even just making a point of doing my makeup everyday, which doesn't always happen despite me loving it. 

I am also pushing forward on some savings goals, so will be shopping my stash hard, and rediscovering all the things I've loved over the years. I have a bigggggg trip in April/May, so my focus is leading up to that, after which I will refocus goals for the summer!

Use my eye shadow pallets and venture into highlighting in 2019.

Its very scary but less complicated now that I have done eye shadow a few times. Oh, I need to work on feeling confident that what I am doing is not bad. Otherwise, it would take several hours to finish an eye look because I am not sure if I did it right, lol.

I also need to focus on using my masks regularly , like 2x a week. I only do one mask and its probably every 2 -3 weeks. 😞

To actually use my prescription Retin-A every night, some nites I'm just too tired, it's a waste of money not to use it as it expires really quickly.

And like, Zombie, I'm going to actually try to use up an eyeshadow palette.

81 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • New Years Image.png
  • 20181231_171308.jpg
  • 408FFD39-2E9C-47E8-A06B-97C5FF59CE1F.gif
  • UD Lippies Pic.png
testing