Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

2018 SEPHORiA Feedback Thread

Last month, the BIC Team selected several community members to attend Sephora's first ever immersive beauty experience, Sephoria: House of Beauty, which took place this past weekend in Los Angeles.  In addition to receiving keys to unlock the House of Beauty, the selected community members were asked to photograph the event and report their experiences to the community.

1472308243_1509

to my fellow Gold Key Recipients:

@darkiceis @jazmineshepard @NotCrocker @KNC24 @Tamara76 !

We Came, We Saw, We CONQUERED SEPHORiA !

**all insights are more than welcome and I'm sure Sephora will appreciate the feedback, particularly if they host another event next year ...

Spoiler

Image result for fingers crossed gif

****Also, I'm not sure if there are size limitations to the threads so we each may need separate threads to house our copious photos.  I'll add links here as needed****

@darkiceis review can be found here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Sephoria-Report-The-Good-and-The-Not-so-Great/m...#M340499

@KNC24 review here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/My-Sephoria-experience/m-p/4260487#M64652

Re: SEPHORiA {2018} Feedback Thread

@Tamara76 wow, thank you. Can’t wait to watch!

@Tamara76  Awesome post!  It's fitting that your drink was from Replica's Jazz Club (?) because you really had a retro look in that picture!  Your hair is so pretty!

Awww - Thank you so much, @Ispend2much6!   I was aiming for retro glam since we were at such an iconic location in L.A. - The Majestic was the perfect venue for the event! ❤️

@Tamara76 I'm so happy that you and the other beautiful ladies from BIC had a good time. It sounds amazing. I could totally picture it! You guys deserve it!

Thank you, @makeitup305!   I really appreciate it! ❤️

You are incredibly good reporter @Tamara76 I can envision the whole atmosphere while reading your posts. Beautiful pics of event as well. You all are so gorgeous 💗💗💗💗

Awwww!  You're the sweetest!  Thank you so much, @fatimamummy! ❤️

I literally sound like a broken record, but I just adore the heck out of all y'all Heart 

P.S. You're so right @ElleElleG , I NEED that highlight 😮

We adore you, too, @Mcakes! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

p.s.  Did you get the highlight? ❤️ 

@Tamara76 That last picture with all you ladies is everything! Thank you for sharing your pictures and your experience, I felt like I was almost there! What an amazing event 🙂 

Thank you so much, @MissPuff!   It was a wonderful and exciting weekend!💗💗💗

@Tamara76 OMG, those looks like it was an amazing event; thanks so much for sharing about your experience! I'm so jealous y'all got to hang out in person!

You are very welcome, @txcatx!  It was sooooooo awesome! Wish you could have come, girl! One of these days, we'll have a Texas meetup! ❤️

@Tamara76 You have done such an incredible job of sharing so many details about the event! I read each word with so much joy and felt as though I was there with you ladies. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us! I’m so happy you got to attend and meet all the incredible people you have connected with over the years. ❤️

Thank you, @trishavt!  It is a weekend I will never forget!  It was absolutely magical and special in every way!  I really hope you can join us for a future event! ❤️

This is beyond wonderful @Tamara76 I am so happy for you ladies that you got to meet and be a part of such a fantastic event!!! Also love seeing what everyone looks like in person lol 💜 

Thank you so much, @melissapurple22!  I still feel like I'm dreaming because it was such an awesome weekend! ❤️

Thank you for starting the thread, @ElleElleG!  

Thank you again to @KatieBT @LexBT @BrendaBT and the other Mods and Admins for selecting my entry to win Gold Key passes to Sephoria!

Image result for thank you lipstick gif

I am still pinching myself because the entire weekend felt like a dream!  I had so much fun at the event and exploring L.A., but the best part was, hands down, meeting the Virtual Girl Squad and the Mods, Admins and Beauty Directors in person!  Since I have talked to everyone on BT and BIC for years, it was truly amazing to finally see and talk to everyone in person! ❤️ 

I suspect I will have to split this into more than one post because I have a lot of pictures to share - I'm still waiting on approval from the squad on which group pics to post, but will share those soon. ❤️

I was only able to attend Sephoria Session 2, but decided to turn my opportunity into a weekend getaway with my daughter.   Since our event wasn't until Saturday night, we had time to visit Disneyland with @Mcakes Friday, meet up with the rest of the girls and their fams for dinner Friday night and hit the Arts District, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica Beach Saturday morning:

Spoiler
We were sooooo tired Friday, so I'm not posting any of the pics of us at Disney, but the park was so cute with all the Halloween decorations, the Nightmare Before Christmas theme in the Haunted Mansion was worth the 80 minute wait(!!!!) and we ate so much delicious junk food!:
102218disneyland.PNG
Spreading my wings:
102218angel.PNG
Channeling my inner Cher Horowitz:
102218bevhills.PNG
Getting my feet wet at the beach:
102218santamonica.PNG

By the time we got home from the beach and got ready, my daughter and I didn't arrive at the event until almost 6pm, so the line was pretty long.  There was a special line for Gold and Silver Pass holders that actually moved pretty quickly.  And we ran into Katie, Lex and Brenda while we were in line! I was super excited to meet them in person finally!!!!! ❤️

102218mekatiebrendalex.PNG

There was also a really cute place to take pics at the entrance to the event:

102218entrance.PNG

Once we got through the entrance, there was a concierge desk where Gold Pass Holders could pick up our Master Class passes - After a few hiccups earlier in the week, @KatieBT @CarolBT and Lindsey were able to take care of our class registration, so we had a super smooth registration process (thank you again, ladies!).

The Garden Area was beautiful with spots for cute pics with fabulous lighting and some beautiful brand booths handing out samples and photo ops -  I cannot believe I forgot to take a picture of the giant La Mer tub building - it was awesome!

Here I am waiting for the concierge in the Garden (Look behind me - Viktor and Rolf even had a magician to promote their Magic Fragrances!!!)

102218garden.PNG

My mini and I took advantage of alllllll the photo opp spots:

102218meandb.PNG

102218sephoriaentry.PNG

Once we saw everything in the Garden, we made our way to the Majestic and I've got to tell you, we knew it would be fabulous inside, but had no idea just how fabulous it would be...

102218venue4.PNG

The venue itself was truly a work of art and there was so much to see all around us!  It was magical!!!! ❤️

102218venue5.PNG

102218venue3.PNG

We started on the main floor and visited every single booth, picking up samples along the way.  Someone said on Instagram that Sephoria was like "trick or treating for makeup lovers" and they hit the hail on the head.  It also felt like Disneyland for beauty addicts - seriously magical! 

What I really loved about the event was the intimate feel - There were so many people there, but the opportunity to interact with the brands and influencers and MUA icons was really special!  Each brand booth was giving out samples and most had really fun photo ops and product testers.  As Gold Key holders, we were each given 3 "fast passes," but we totally forgot to use them until the end of the night (for Pat McGrath Glitter Lips, of course!) since we were so busy soaking it all in while we were waiting in line.

The Fresh booth was one of my faves - it was absolutely beautiful!:

102218fresh.PNG

And I loved the lighting in theToo Faced booth:

102218toofaced.PNG

The Tatcha room was absolutely beautiful:

102218btatcha.PNG 

And we got to meet @MyieshaBD - I was a little starstruck!

102218myiesha.PNG

The Suds room was also really cute:

102218suds.PNG

The Ole Henriksen set up was also super cute!

102218ole.jpg

To be continued..... 

Wow @Tamara76 looks like you had an epic weekend!! I read the post backwards (b/c I totally wanted to see the photos first) but you daughters skin (especially in the Tatcha photo) is epic. I actually was wondering if she was wearing eye masks that light was reflecting of but seriously, GORGEOUS!

Awww Thank you so much, @Aaliaa!!!!   My daughter was wearing a combo of ABH x Amrezy plus one of the Kylie loose highlighters at the event, but she also has amazing skin to start with! ❤️

Love the photos and recap @Tamara76! All the booths looked amazing! Team Sephoria did a fab job with the event and you did a great job of capturing it all!  You and your daughter had a full weekend - so great that you both got to experience this together! How fun!!! 

222 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos88
  • 1472308243_1509
  • 102218disneyland.PNG
  • 102218angel.PNG
  • 102218bevhills.PNG
  • 102218mekatiebrendalex.PNG
  • 102218entrance.PNG
  • 102218garden.PNG
  • 102218meandb.PNG
  • 102218venue4.PNG