Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The March Favorites Thread 2019

Happy Spring! I am happy we’re starting to see a little sunshine here in SF so we can bring out our bright makeup and flower prints. We loved learning about your February favorite products so we’re going to continue again for the month of March! This thread is a place for everyone to share and discuss the products they reached for the most in March and were most impressed by.

Here are my March Favorite products:

Which products were your March faves? Show & please tell!

Re: The March Favorites Thread 2019

@alexasteph, ohhh, Jo Malone has so many lovely scents. English Pear and Freesia is beautiful! 💕

I was working through some travel size products throughout March and it helped me rediscover some old favorites. With so many new launches it’s nice to know that some OG products are still just *so good*

Makeup:

CLINIQUE - Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen

I got back into liquid eyeliner this month and was surprised by how easy and long wearing this clinique option performed.

Hourglass Vanish™ Flash Highlighting Stick Champagne Flash

Finally worked through a deluxe size promo of this highlight - it’s so beautiful and natural! Can’t wait to purchase the full size.

Skincare:

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g

Talk about old school Sephora! This is the only moisturizer I used all month and it’s so basic, yet so good. 

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 Original

With all the time I spent on airplanes this month, this product was a life (and lip) saver. 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus

Perfect for travel! I used these once a week and my skin stayed nice and clear. 

I had a few of those hourglass highlighting stick as well, I loved it for natural wet looking highlight, my mom especially loved it. Those Dr. Dennis Gross peel pads are incredible but so pricey. They clear up my nose like no other though, I can't wait to try the Sephora Collection version and compare https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-away-peel-pads-P442535?icid2=products%20grid:p442535:prod...@scott1201 

@scott1201 Love hearing your thoughts on all of these great products! Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Rebecca

@scott1201, love the DDG peels! They really help to improve the texture of my skin and give it a nice, healthy glow! Isn't the Hourglass Vanish Flash highlighting stick amazing?! @bakeamuffin gifted me one and it's been one of the best things I've used.

The DDG peels are just so simple and so good. Sometimes we are just so complicated with our skincare (at least I am!) and products like this remind me how simple is sometimes better 🤗

Also, oooooh the highlight I can’t wait for the sale so I can finally purchase! @itsfi 

My favorite this month is Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder.  I finally found a setting powder that works with my pasty white skin and neutral undertones.

@Titian06, I've used the CoverFx setting sprays before (and liked them) but have not tried the powder. Adding that to my list now...

@itsfi I use the mattifying version of the cover fx on my oily t-zone (almost like baking but to be honest I’ll use a dusting even on no-makeup days), and it keeps me shine free!!

Thank you @cianni! This is what my oily nose needed to know! 😂

Hmmm let’s see....

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder - 1 Fair

I might be in ♥️ With this setting powder. Truly leaves an airbrushed finish. 

TARTE - Micellar Magic Makeup Remover & Cleanser

Removes my liquid lipstick and brows easily before cleansing my skin. You do have to saturate your cotton pad a fair bit but I love that Tarte is on the natural side so I'll take it. 

NARS - Climax Mascara - Explicit Black

Well hello there Mascara I never knew I needed! I typically like small brushes on mascara wands but this is an exception. The results are unreal. I will definitely repurchase. 

@GG84 The Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder is my favorite powder for setting my under eye area. <333

The tarte micellar water is on my list for the Spring VIB sale that's (hopefully) coming up!  The bottle is so pretty while still being practical so I'm drawn to it.  By chance have you used it on waterproof mascara @GG84 ?  I love my lancome monsieur big waterproof mascara but it's a pain to take off and I've been struggling to find a non-oily remover for it. 

@sydtomato I don’t wear waterproof mascara BUT I mainly wanted it because my cleansers just don’t remove my liquid lipsticks. I will emerge from the shower with my lipstick still intact lol 😆 I can firmly say it does remove my extreme long wear lippies and also my eyebrows which are long wear.   I have faith!! 

Love that CT setting powder @GG84; it's one of my favorites. Bioderma is my go to micellar water, but that Tarte Micellar cleanser sure does look interesting...

@itsfi I don’t recall using a micellar water prior to the Tarte one. I really like it though. I’m trying this new thing this year where I don’t buy things just cause they are new and cool, I’ll only buy it if realistically I have a purpose for it. 

@GG84 That's a great mindset to have  when making purchases 🙂 Helps reduce clutter

@GG84  Ahhhh I have been meaning to try my little sample of the CT I got from sephora, but I have no idea where I put it!

Ohhh @PrettyPaint you have to find it!! I bought the full size the next week after trying the mini, it’s the most incredible powder you’ll ever try. I use Beautyblender POWER POCKET PUFF™ Dual-Sided Powder Puff for Setting and Baking

to apply. 

@GG84  You have me excited! I will definitely make that be one of my goals for today to find it it! 🙂

@PrettyPaint  Fingers crossed 🤞 that you find it!! 

178 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • IMG_6536.JPG
  • Liners I’ve used most often this month.
  • New-to-me skincare for March that actually works.
  • My favorite brush for cream shadows.
  • Perfumes I’ve used most often this month.
  • ACAB376D-599A-4BD6-BB86-C162592E7B2A.jpeg
  • mfavs.jpg
testing