cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Hydration Challenge

Hydration GIF.gif

I've seen a lot of talk about 2018 resolutions and one of my biggest goals for 2018 is make hydration a habit. Rather than talking or thinking about this resolution (like 2017... oops!) I am starting a hydration challenge. Let's get focused on hydration, BIC!

The goal? To increase our hydration levels so we can all feel incredible both inside and out.

Here are a few tips on staying hydrated:

• Eat water-rich foods (cucumber, greens, grapes, etc.)
  • If you're sweating, you need to drink more H2O!
  • Drinking caffeine? Replace that cup of coffee with a cup of water. (This is in addition to your daily recommended intake!)

This thread will be a space to talk about the hydrating products you're using and to check in on how much water you're drinking. Let's set goals and help each other meet them! Use this thread to share how you're feeling whether you're thirsty, your skin is extra-dry or to offer hydration tips for the rest of us!

Let's get hydrated, BIC! 

Re: The Hydration Challenge

As a flight attendant I"m on an airplane everyday.  I don't drink soda and drink 8 ounces of water every hour to stay hydrated on the airplane.  Also if you're flying don't drink alcohol because it really dries you out.  Wait until you're on the ground and hydrate in the air with water.  Water is free on the plane.  I also use a collapsable water bottle to take to the hotel.  People think it looks like an IV bottle but it's great as you drink the water when it's empty you can roll it up and stick it in your purse.  It's also not as heavy as the stainless water bottles to carry.  Many airports now offer a sanitizer system just to fill water bottles. 

RE: Re: The Hydration Challenge

This is a really helpful post! I travel often and have a few things I like to do when in flight, some of which are what you mentioned! Great to hear this from a flight attendant 🙂

@Flyingchef Thanks for the tip on not drinking alcohol when flying!! You just saved my skin...and my wallet 🙃

RE: The Hydration Challenge

This challenge has my name written all over it! More water is my biggest health goal in 2018. I can do it!! Starting NOW. Thanks, KatieBT!

I am in. I have a January birthday which is an even bigger incentive to begin taking better care of myself. My diet soda habit is out of control! My excuses are done. Thank you for the boost!

My lips felt like they were going to crack this morning so clearly I haven't been hitting my hydration goals 😞 I have chronic dry lips so when they aren't chapped I feel like I'm properly hydrated. 

It's still early in the day, I can do this! In the spirit of keeping myself accountable I wanted to share a little tip from this morning. I drank my morning cup of coffee and knew I'd have to replace it with water to break even so once I finished my cup of coffee I rinsed my mug and immediately filled it with cold water.

That may sound a little gross but it was actually delicious because I added the Collagen Inner Beauty Boost from Beauty Chef and down the hatch it went, so delicious!! If anyone dislikes the taste of water or just has a hard time getting those last ounces Beauty Chef is worth looking into!

Hyrdration Challenge.jpg

EDIT: forgot to mention this is organic, vegan, glutten-free and contains no refined sugar. 

I love The Beauty Chef! 🙂 yum!

The Hydration Challenge

I am so in. Traveling and my hotel room had $3 water bottles.. i laughed so hard. been working on hydrating since 12/23 trying to stick w it until I don't need to remind myself. I has definitely made my skin feel so much more taut and hydrated than a week ago... 😗

That’s great! Start before the new year so it becomes a habit!

@Nessa1979 Sometimes when traveling I get a case of bottled water from amazon prime sent to my hotel to cut the cost of ridiculous prices hotels charge for water. I also get some snacks, too!

@JessyAnne Brilliant idea that I am totally copying!!!

I’m so in! One thing that I think sounds really cool is smart water bottles. My boyfriend does like an online magazine about smart home products and he’s getting sent a smart water bottle and let’s be honest, I’m stealing it 😝

The Hydration Challenge

I bought one of those stainless steel mugs that keep your drink hot or cold for about 24 hours. It changed my life honestly, because I only ever like to drink water with ice in it. I fill the big mug with ice and my smart water, and I bring it everywhere with me. I just keep refilling it throughout the day, but it has honestly made such a big difference. If you haven't tried this yet, give it a try!

Challenge accepted!!!  Thanks for doing this @KatieBT ! I used to have an enormous problem geatting any water in because I am SUCH a water snob ( No, teally. It's a mermaid ting). But then I got VitaJuwel water bottles for turning my wanter into a gemstone elixir, and started getting really high quality organic herbal tea. So aside from my 1 cup of coffee a day, all I drink is gemwater, herbal tea and kombucha!!! I've been slacking off on even these lately, so I am jumping on this challenge!  I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but there are a ton of free water/hydration checking apps that you can download to remind you to drink! I used to have one. NO idea why I uninstalled it, but I just installed a new one! Bottoms up ladies and lads!Image result for mermaid drinking water  gifs

@mermadelove omg these water bottles

@fieldsofclover Yeah........ As a mermaid crystal mistress.....I just had to.......

I drink a ton of water during the day but I didn't always! Recommendation for everyone who is trying to incorporate more daily intake of H2O is make small goals first. My small goals for example were drink a bottle worth of water as I got ready in the morning before I left the house, once I had been doing that for about two weeks I started my second small goal which was replace sodas, juices and the like with an herbal tea if I felt like I wanted something to drink with flavour. The third small goal was to make sure I had to refill my water bottle approx every 2 hrs. Now these worked for me and my lifestyle, I'm active so I'm having to rehydrate often but you can tailor small goals into each of your own daily schedules and by having small more managlable goals is easier for one to maintain the lifestyle changes long term! 

Now for three products that I am loving for giving me that extra moisture boost in these winter months are the Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil, Caudalie Grape Water, and Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum!

One of my all time favorites for winter is the Caudalie vinosource serum! Great tips for drinking more water!!

Last month I bought a bottle of the DDG Set & Refresh Mis...

Last month I bought a bottle of the DDG Set & Refresh Mist to use as a setting spray, but lately I've just been keeping it on my desk and using it once in a while during the day.

I used to have a can of the La Roche-Posay spring water for that (sort of like the Evian spritz), but with this I don't need to be paranoid about my makeup running, and it's good for your skin!

RE: Last month I bought a bottle of the DDG Set & Refresh Mis...

I’m sure you’re glowing at your desk!

I’m jumping in on this challenge! I quit drinking alcohol and coffee a couple weeks ago. Yay water! Need to keep track on how much I drink
1 Reply
testing