cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

Image of Good Dye Young founders and verious Festival beauty products.png

The thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

Good Dye Young co-founders Hayley Williams (the lead singer of Paramore) and Brian O’Connor (Williams’s longtime hair stylist and makeup artist) are participating in their first live chat on Monday, March 25th, to answer all of your hair and festival-beauty questions.

Visit this thread between 2pm—3pm PT on March 25th for product recommendations, style inspiration, and more.

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

Sephora family, thank you so much for hanging with us! if we didn't get to your question today, don't worry! We'll be back to answer more as soon as we can.

Yours in technicolor,

Hayley, Brian, & Team GDY

Anonymous Insider

Re: Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

Hey y'all! Do you have any tips on maintaining pastel pink hair so I don't have to redye it every three weeks? Before dying it pink, I got my hair bleached so it went from my natural black color to almost platinum blonde. It always fades to a dirty brown/orange color really quick, but is there any way I can make the color last as long as possible so I don't have to keep redying it so frequently?

Anonymous Insider

thanks for creating GDY! seeing the people I adore (I mean you of course, I love you😢) this happy and proud makes me wanna cry. 

Anonymous Insider

is their makeup coming. that'd be awesome.

Anonymous Insider

Prolly not since the company's name is good DYE young lol. But that would be so rad😭

Anonymous Insider

Is there any plans for more hair dye colors in the future 🙂 I love all the colors you have now and have used almost everyone but will there be more colors coming out, 

RE: Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

I bought wash, rinse, and prewash, and lemme tell ya, I love them all! Lemme tell ya, the smell is amaze-balls! However, I find that when using the wash and the rinse, versus another shampoo and the rinse, my hair gets pretty oily after a day or so. What should I do? Any tips? Or is my hair just getting used to being cleaned gently?

Re: RE: Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

@PuncturedW1ngs wrote:
I bought wash, rinse, and prewash, and lemme tell ya, I love them all! Lemme tell ya, the smell is amaze-balls! However, I find that when using the wash and the rinse, versus another shampoo and the rinse, my hair gets pretty oily after a day or so. What should I do? Any tips? Or is my hair just getting used to being cleaned gently?

@PuncturedW1ngs this is probably due to us being a Sulfate free line, making us a lot less stripping. Have no fear!    

Brian

Anonymous Insider

Do you have any plans on creating a Poser Paste version of Fader? I would love to be able to pastelize all the great color combos! Also, mostly for Brian, what combo of your semi-perms would you use to get a mint/seafoam green color? Thank you so much!

@JuliasBlueLotus wrote:

Do you have any plans on creating a Poser Paste version of Fader? I would love to be able to pastelize all the great color combos! Also, mostly for Brian, what combo of your semi-perms would you use to get a mint/seafoam green color? Thank you so much!

@JuliasBlueLotus  A "fader" poser paste has been talked about, I would maybe recommend a combo of Fader, Narwahl, and Kowabunga for that semi look. GOOD DYE YOUNG - Semi-Permanent Hair Color Fader

Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

Hey there! When I found GDY on Youtube I watched your videos on Semi Permanent mixing for custom colors (berry, forest green, etc.). I noticed that those videos are down now. Are you planning to do those again sometime in the future? Love this brand, love ya'll and keep up the awesome work! Thanks. 🙂
Anonymous Insider

how long does it generally take for bleached hair to grow back out to its natural color again? I wanna dye my hair again so bad but I'm indecisive as heck when it comes to my hair

Anonymous Insider

Hi hayley and brian!! i just wanted to ask how do i get a kind of dark purple with the purple that you guys have in your semi permanent dye 

@MikaelaEul  You can use PPL Eater with a few drops of None More Black, until you reach the desired shade. GOOD DYE YOUNG - Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Hi Brian, Hayley, and the rest of the GDY team! I am a huge fan of your products, but I have recently returned to blonde and use a purple shampoo. Do y'all have any plans to create a shampoo for blonde hair? Or would the current shampoo you sell also work for removing brassiness? Thanks!

Anonymous Insider

I love you hayleyy

RE: Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

Are there any plans on bigger bottles of dye? Maybe some 10 oz bottles for the sisters out here with long hair?

If i mixed riot with none more black would it turn into a darker orange or black? 

Anonymous Insider

I'm planning to dye my hair grey in a few months (I'm thinking a sort of charcoal color with some highlights after I get it bleached, I currently have blonde hair ) and I wanted to know how safe it would be to use None More Black with some Fader? I've heard that going grey (when using black with a lightening color) can fade to blue or green, would I need to worry about that happening? 

@Anonymous Yes, you'd still have to be wary of the fade out. We really recommend that our Semi-Permanent black dye (None More Black) be used mainly as an additive to your blue, teal, and pinks to give you more jewel tones. You can of course try mixing any of these. Or play with adding None More Black to our Fader if you are feeling saucy. Our black Semi-Perm has more of a purple undertone, so just remember that before expecting a perfect grey! 

Brian

229 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Image of Good Dye Young founders and verious Festival beauty products.png
  • IMG_5976.jpg
  • D920A159-B940-4399-AF02-DD075FBB1589.jpeg
  • D919B5A0-A2EF-49BA-89B6-8F3D6C220173.jpeg
  • 769D73C4-1764-490B-9424-CD31EE31F7F8.jpeg
  • 4AD9FF65-B42B-477B-A02C-36AC255E04F0.jpeg
testing