Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

#Lipstories

#Lipstories launched on the Sephora app TODAY!! What is #Lipstories you might ask? Well, only the newest lipstick launch from Sephora Collection. There is a total of 40 shades that come in either cream, metallic, or matte finishes! Now you can switch up your lip look whether you are going to a cool music festival, a brunch date with your BFFs, or just spending time with bae. And did I mention these are only $8?!

25323898_1942270502456313_1799479541_n.jpg

These will be available online tomorrow Wednesday, December 13th  and in stores on Tuesday, December 26th!

@KatieBT and I swatched four shades with a holiday theme and tried out our favorite shades of the four. These lipsticks are so creamy and apply evenly! Check out our swatches and looks below 😉

#lipstories HOLIDAZE.JPG

HOLIDAZE swatches.JPG

What's great about Sephora Collection's #Lipstories is the beautiful, fun and even nostalgic packaging! With these #Lipstories, we want open up the conversation for all of YOU to celebrate you and whatever your #Lipstories are. A bubble gum pink lippie from the trip of a lifetime? A classic red on the best birthday ever?

Keep checking this thread as we add more swatches from the different themes of the #LipStories collection. Stay tuned:) 

Share your special #lipstories below!

12/14 UPDATE: Today we have swatches of a summery, bright collection inspired by warm weather and days at the pool! From top to bottom you have Celebrate, Hot in Havana, Coconut Grove and Popsicle Lips. Of course, I had to try the metallic shade 😉  -@KatieBTLipstories_1.jpg
#Lipstories_Coconut grove.jpg

12/19 UPDATE: Let your lips take center stage with these shades from the Festival Vibes Collection. From left to right you have After Hours, Desert Trip, Trippin, and Ouch! Check out our swatches and looks below.

FV.JPG

Festival Vibes.JPG

RE: #Lipstories

I LOVE #Lipstories! My favorite shade is #03 Oui! It’s my daily go-to lip, a soft natural pink that’s long wear and super comfortable. And only $8! Can’t wait to collect ‘em all (when they are all finally restocked at my store that is)

Re: #Lipstories

IMG_2025.JPGIMG_2026.JPG..bought some more....here's golden gate, a little magic, after hours, labryinth city and coconut grove...

Oui was great, a bit of a slick-creamy texture. A great nude. City Beat (navy blue), unfortunately, was not great. It was slick and wet feeling that made application streaky and patchy. Its such a cool colour! I’m going to see if I can dry it out a bit by leaving it without its cap. If not, I’m exchanging it for Fenty Clapback (which I was trying to dupe). 😕

all washed up lip swatch

Re: RE: #Lipstories

Lovely colour @janedoe13! 🙂 It seems to be a pinky red, is that accurate?

Re: RE: #Lipstories

Hi @k617 thanks!

it is a pinky red-- a little more bold I think than the photo reflects though!

#Lipstories

I really like these lipsticks! Super cute with a variety of colours. I have 3 currently with another 3-5 I will be ordering soon. Also! Thanks for the swatch photos. 🙂

It's too bad @RachelBT is gone and now this thread seems completely abandoned 😞

I swatched Spring Break (left), Matinee and Labyrinth City when I was in a store yesterday. Don't mind the glitter, I was playing with those new Bite sticks yesterday (sadly, not a fan).

They're similar colours but Spring Break is more pink, Matinee is more red, and Labyrinth City is more brown!

Is it any wonder that I have Matinee and the others are both on my wishlist?! 😄

#Lipstories Spring Break, Matinee, Labyrinth City#Lipstories Spring Break, Matinee, Labyrinth City

@k617 - Thanks for the swatches!  I really like Matinee and Labyrinth City.  If they're not on my Loves list, they will be now!

Matinee is stunning on the lips, I think you'll enjoy it @Titian06! 😄

it's so pretty!!

Yay, more swatches! I've had Labyrinth City on my loves list since before they launched, but just haven't convinced myself to move it to my basket yet. Spring Break looks like my kind of color, too! Thanks @k617

All 3 are pretty @Susubee! If you get Spring Break and Labyrinth City you may be able to mix the 2 to get a colour like Matinee.

Pics of Off-Limits No. 38

Much too purple for my complexion but it’s a lovely color. Feels creamier and slicker than the other color I have, A Little Magic. It doesn’t look or feel matte on my lips. I included the Urban Decay to show how purple vs Mauve this color is. 

Top - Lipstories Off-Limits

Middle - Bite Mauvember

Bottom - UD Nonsense 

03E9F6DA-FEBC-4444-A6C0-A0A4DE722446.jpeg

Spoiler
9DBE264C-0AC8-4408-B682-7286B3F3FEAC.jpeg

Which year Bite Mauvember is this color from?

@pixiedust2 - Thanks for the comparisons.  This color caught my eye.  Seeing your swatch, it should work for me.  I would still like to swatch it in person though just to be sure.

@Titian06 glad it helped! I’ve been desperate for swatches so wanted to contribute to this thread as I get more. Hope you love it!

Thanks for the swatch comparison @pixiedust2! Off Limits was on my wishlist when I first saw it but I swatched it on the back of my hand and I don't think it's flattering on me, unfortunately.

@k617 It was on mine too! The swatches I found on IG were very different than what I got in person. These kinds of purples make me look sallow, I just can’t pull them off. 

Yeah, there are very few lip colors I can't wear but whenever I wear colours like these I just want to wipe off immediately! 😞 I look dead!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos31
  • #lipstories HOLIDAZE.JPG
  • 25323898_1942270502456313_1799479541_n.jpg
  • HOLIDAZE swatches.JPG
  • Lipstories_1.jpg
  • #Lipstories_Coconut grove.jpg
  • Top to bottom: HK by Night, Coconut Grove, Desert Trip
  • Sephora-Matinee-Lipstories-Lipstick1.jpg
  • Sephora-Lipstories-Lipstick-swatches2.jpg
  • Sephora-Lipstories-Lipstick-fotd3.jpg