Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

teambic practing self-care rituals.jpg

As the New Year unfolds and we adjust back into our daily hectic routines it is important to remember to pause, take a break, and take care of ourselves as well. This year my biggest goal is to practice more self-care rituals. After all, beauty starts from within!

As a way to commit, hold each other accountable, and ultimately help each other take care of ourselves, we thought it would be fun to do a weekly self-care check-in, by choosing one ritual and reporting back weekly with our progress.

Now, I know most of us are busy people, but dedicating time for ourselves can be as simple and effective as:

1. A morning meditation, and/or nightly adaptogenic drink (may we suggest FOUR SIGMATIC - Golden Latte Mushroom Mix with Shiitake & Turmeric or FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Hot Cacao Mix with Reishi )
  2. Better sleep! Committing to getting a full night's sleep 1 night/week, and sticking to an earlier bedtime.
  3. Waking up! Get up after that first alarm so youโ€™re less rushed in the morning and have more time to mentally prepare for the day!
  4. Be active - get to yoga 1/week or go for an early morning run before work.
  5. Skincare - masking on a weekly basis, getting a facial, or remembering to remove your makeup every night!
  6. โ€œMe time!โ€ Embrace the FOGO (fear of going out), read that book you've been wanting to pick up
  7. Make healthier choices - adding more fruits and veggies to your meals.
  8. YOU PICK! You know yourself better than we do, so if we missed something please share how *you* want to take care of yourself. Just donโ€™t forget to check in with us! ๐Ÿ˜Š

This thread will be a place to talk about your weekly self-care check-ins, share how youโ€™re feeling about your progress, recommend/talk about products youโ€™re using, and share your self-care tips and tricks.

Reply below to tell us which self-care ritual youโ€™re committing to!

*EDIT 4/2:

Hello everyone, we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe! Given the times, we may just need this thread more than ever so we wanted to add in extra self-care goals now that many of us are spending more time at home or are going into the world helping others. Here are some additional ideas for taking care of yourself. We challenge you to try a few of these and share your wins on this thread!

1. Stick to your routine: Maybe it's putting on your favorite outfit instead of PJs or doing your makeup/hair in the morning! Snap an OOTD and share it here.
  2. Staying active: This could be as easy as one 10-minute workout video each week or dusting off your yoga mat. Letโ€™s see that at-home gym or virtual workout class!
  3. Setting up your space: Are you reading, eating, sleeping, working out, and BIC-ing in the same spot? Try to establish devoted spaces for all of your activities.  
  4. Stay social: Set up virtual face-time with your loved ones and maybe spend some extra time here in the BIC!
  5. Spring Cleaning: Try reorganizing your home, bedroom, or simply going through your stuff to declutter your space. If you reorganize your beauty space we would love to see a before and after photo here!
  6. Take on a new hobby or learn a new skill: Master that smokey eye youโ€™ve always wanted to. Maybe even learn a new language or instrument!
  7. Do your own nails - no nail salon? No problem. Letโ€™s see that at-home mani once youโ€™re done โ€“ no worries if it isnโ€™t perfect.

What are you doing for self-care? We are open to all advice and want to congratulate you on your little wins!

Re: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

Congrats on your pregnancy, @sunkissedblush! and thank you for the reminder to be kinder to oneself!

@sunkissedblush Congratulations! You are going to be an amazing mom ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Summer Friday's Jet lag mask is always my go to specially when my skin needs a little extra love and care!

@sunkissedblush OMG congrats!!! So excited for you ๐Ÿ™‚ And excited to follow you on your Clean journey. โค๏ธ

@sunkissedblush  Oh, I'm so happy to hear the wonderful news. Congratulations! 

@sunkissedblush I am doing a little happy jump for you and your baby, what a relief to know everything is fine and the little one is healthy. I hope you are able to implement your kindness to self more this year. Mental health is so critical and itโ€™s a challenge to be gentle with yourself, I wish you the best:)

Congratulations @sunkissedblush!โค๏ธ

@sunkissedblush Congratulations on your pregnancy. I love Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter. Remember that sometimes you canโ€™t prevent stretch marks even with cream and oil and thatโ€™s okay. I used Bio oil and Mama Mio and it helped prevent my stretch marks becoming too noticeable in both my pregnancies.  I did gain 33-35 pounds. Also, Get as much sleep as you can now because if you choose to nurse you will not be getting much sleep at all.  I have a 4 month old and am still not getting much sleep because I nurse and pump. 

Congrats on the baby, @sunkissedblush! Best wishes to you for a healthy and happy pregnancy. 

Most of my New Years resolutions were self-care related. 

I have been good so far with getting back into Yoga/Pilates once a week each. 

I have also been good with getting back on my low-carb diet. 

I havenโ€™t been so good with my masking routine for both my face and hair. Iโ€™d like to remember to do that weekly again because my skin has been breaking out for the past few months and my hair is feeling dry. 

Nice goals, @lnum! Good luck with the masking!

I'd like to improve my sleep. I wake up so many times a night, at least 6. I've been interested in CBD products. My last doctor told me it could interfere with one of my medications so I need to explore other options. I'm seeing a new doctor since I've moved and hoping maybe they can help. Any recommendations BIC folks? I know there are drinks and supplements, but need to research.

Hi @sprocketta ! Awesome goal to improve sleep! I bet I have a bajillion tips. I do loads of study on natural health, and circadian rhythm and sleep health are a big part of it! Happy to help, should you like!๐Ÿ’ž

@ClassicallyFab thank you! I will PM you. I'll take any help I can get.

We know so little about how cannabinoids, like CBD interact with other medications, because it's so understudied. It's so hard. I hope you find something that helps your sleep, @sprocketta.

@sprocketta 

You are speaking my tune. My internal clock wakes me up at the same times EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. 12 am, 2 am, 3 am, 5 am...then I donโ€™t fall back asleep because my alarm goes off at 5:30. 
If you figure something out, let me know! Iโ€™d love to sleep a full night, I donโ€™t remember what it feels like. 

Will do @GG84 a couple years ago I went off a certain medication (it was not for sleep) and my sleep has been much worse since. It's so frustrating. When I moved I bought a new mattress and it's a little better. It used to be 10 times a night and now maybe 6. I would love to get back to sleeping through the night again.

And likewise, let me know if you find something that helps. I'll let you know if I have any success.

Checking back on masking things ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ I use DE F-Balm as a sleeping mask (aka last step of my skincare routine)

7E208D21-244E-4E34-8945-C142218361D7.jpeg

And I even use my hair serum again

4D0BCB03-DB3B-49C7-9E73-10D051064DEB.jpeg

Disclaimer: That Kerastare serum is also a gift from Sephora last year. It grows on me. I need to use it a bit more in order to decide if I need to replenish once itโ€™s gone. My hairs like it though ๐Ÿ˜˜

@BrendaBT After having my baby 4 months ago and already returning back to work I want to focus on more me time. Iโ€™m starting to get into calligraphy and crafts again but itโ€™s been a rough start this year for my daughter and I and as we try to recover from being really sick.  I got a face steamer and a mini fridge for myself over the holiday so it will motivate me for my spa day at home. 

Also, still working on losing the baby weight. I have 6 pounds to go so Iโ€™m almost there no rush this time around though since I know I can do it and eventually start exercising again. 

Congrats on the birth of your child, @SportyGirly125! I'm so sorry to hear you both were sick but glad to hear that you're both feeling better!

@haleyvvvv Thank you 

@SportyGirly125  going back to work was so heartbreaking! I went back 3 days before Christmas ๐Ÿ˜ญ

testing