Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|

Transgender Awareness Week 2023 Check-In

Hello everyone! I hope everyone’s week is going well, especially during transgender awareness week. 

I wanted to provide a space for everyone to check-in and connect. How is your journey coming along? If you’re doing well, let us know! If you need to vent or let something out, we’re here for each other too. And if you’re an ally, you’re also welcome to show your support in whatever way you can! 🩵🩷🤍

IMG_5874.jpeg

Re: Transgender Awareness Week 2023 Check-In

I love that we get to see how far you've come. 💝 Thank you for taking us along on your journey @JoSometimes. How open you've been and your helpfulness to others is truly beautiful to see. 🩵🤍🩷

Us BIC's have your back anytime you need it. 😉 We're here for you. I have been so lucky to get to know you on here,  I'm counting myself lucky to find a friend like you in the threads. 🫂

@JoSometimes I am happy to hear you are happy and have a great support system.

Thank you @Mellmars1185! It has been quite a journey over the last year and a bit. Thanks for being part of it! 😊

@JoSometimes  that's awesome that you are happy with where you are on your journey, I'm so glad to hear it! And I'm so glad that your wife is supportive, that is what I would wish for everyone. It's wonderful to have you as a part of this community! 💜 💞

@caitbird I’m really glad to have some wonderful people in my corner, including you and everyone else in BIC. Coming out to my wife was one of the scariest thing I’ve ever done but I’m so glad I did. She’s been supportive and caring. If anything’s changed in our relationship, it’s been for the better. And she’s totally enjoying access to more makeup and clothes. Specifically, my makeup and clothes…

@JoSometimes💜💜💜

(Also lmao at your wife pilfering your girl-mode makeup and attire, that's so cute! What's yours is mine, ey? 🤣)

@caitbird It’s both awesome and frustrating. Sometimes we both reach for the same blazer or shirt in the morning, so I have to pivot and think of something else… 😂

@JoSometimes I am so glad you are a part of this community and that your journey is on a happy and supportive path! 

It’s been really helpful for my own sanity @Samtian! Thanks for being part of my journey too!

@JoSometimes I am blessed to be a part of it. 

Beautiful! @JoSometimes 

Thank you @sister13!

Hugs to you @JoSometimes! I remember your post (what was that, a year ago?) about going into your local Sephora store for a makeover. Love knowing that you are in a happy place, and that you are a part of BIC!

P.S. Is the lippie your wife took one of the ones you're wearing in these photos? If so, she cannot be blamed for taking the lippie. Beautiful! 💄

@itsfi Aww thanks! Yes, that was a little over a year ago. I still remember the day well! A lot has happened since that day. I’m glad BIC has been around and helped me along my journey. 

Now that you mention it, it might be the one I’m wearing in the first photo!

If that's the case, you should get another of that lipstick for yourself @JoSometimes. And a couple of backups ... for you and your wife. That red lipstick looks very pretty on you. 

@itsfi 😞 It was a lucky find at Winners. Fingers crossed I can find it again!

🤞🏼 🤞🏼 @JoSometimes 

@JoSometimes Thank you for starting this thread, and I love hearing more about you and your beauty journey! Thank you for sharing with the BIC. 🤗

@AlexBT Thanks for taking the time to check it out and read. I’m always happy to share. 😊

I had a great experience at the nearby Sephora by me this past Thursday.  I had a wonderful makeover. I am an older married TG/CD.  I love Sephora and recommend them to my friends. The artist was so nice and so talented.  This is the finished result. 

20240111_190629.jpg

@terrim235 I agree, your smile says it all here! You look lovely and your style is so elegant!

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • IMG_5874.jpeg
  • IMG_4514.jpeg
  • IMG_5843.jpeg
  • 20240111_190629.jpg
testing