Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

skincare help

i’m 21(f) and have had acne & textured skin for as long as i can remember. lately my skin has been feeling extra textured and the redness has increased. most of my problem is scarring with little active pimples. i’m feeling discouraged, i feel like i’ve tried all types of cleansers and am looking for advice on what to try next. my skin is very oily and i’m not sure if that’s from over oil production and having dry skin or if my skin is actually oily. looking to establish a set routine so i can achieve the glowy skin i so badly desire. 

Re: skincare help

Looking at your comments below, @alanapfranco I'd recommend you build a simple routine with a gentle cleanser and a BHA leave-on treatment (that you can use in the evenings maybe 3 nights a week), and possibly a hydrating toner or essence to go along with your moisturizer. 

@alanapfranco Hey there! I can definitely relate to your struggles and can try my best to help with some product suggestions. What products are you currently using? What does your routine look like? 🙂 However, if you are noticing a huge and bothersome shift in your face I would also recommend making an appointment with your dermatologist. 

currently i’m all over the place, i have a few different cleansers and moisturizers. i have the salicylic acid cleanser from cera ve, i also use the eradikate cleanser. i use the first aid beauty moisturizer which i really like! i try to give everything a fair shot by using most of the product before switching to something else. ideally i’d like to stick within one brand to keep things simple but am happy to use multiple different brands if it means better results! 

@alanapfranco I would definitely recommend adding an oil to your routine, as you mentioned in your initial post sometimes our skin over produces oil due to being too dry. I like to add a couple of drop (2-3 drops) to my moisturizer, 5 drops on days that I feel really dry or in the winter-time as I have combo skin.

Oil Recommendations (price-point variation):

Drunk Elephant Mini Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Sunday Riley Juno Antioxidant + Superfood Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil 

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL 

I also heard you mention some scarring, a product I've had success with that directly tackles that is: 

Kate Somerville D-Scar™ Scar Diminishing Serum 0.66 oz 

Some products that I consider to be game changers that are aimed at targeting acne or clogged pores directly are:

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum - I use this as a night serum almost nightly, really helps with smoothing skin as well

OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL - fantastic as both a spot treatment or an over-all toner, this  is very intense and can be drying so definitely use it before a moisturizer and oil combo

Kate Somerville Anti Bac Acne Clearing Lotion 1.7 oz - If you like your moisturize I would stick to it, this is one I really enjoy that moisturizes lightly and targets acne. I keep it on hand at all times for the last 5 or so years that I use during very acne-prone times so I figured I would also mention it

fresh Mini Umbrian Clay Pore Purifying Face Mask 1 oz/ 30 mL a great clay-style mask that really sucks out excess oil within pores 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing