cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

mario badescu

hey everyone !! 🙂

i am looking into purchasing the mario badescu facial spray. i have combination skin, where in some spots it is a tiny bit oily and others dry. i also have very sensitive skin, so do you recommend this for my type of skin? if you have any other products that will help spot acne, or any other skincare items, please let me know. i’d love to have a good skincare regimen that i can stick to everyday to have nice, clear skin.

lmk!

thanks ❤️

Re: mario badescu

Hi babes! 
don’t waste your money on any of the Mario Badescu facial sprays, like a few people have mentioned, it’s basically water with Perfumes! 
If your looking for affordable skincare that you will actually see results from look into The Inkey list or The Ordinary! It sounds like a hyaluronic acid would be beneficial for your skin!

I'm dry and sensitive and my skin always loved this one. But since I transitioned to clean skincare I stopped using this one. There are so many better ones on the market for your skin. My favorites right now are the Beauty Elixir or the Grape Water from Caudalie. 

@hadleyrosey  I won't say that MB spray is 100% terrible. It does contain aloe and rosa canina extract (aka rose hip extract), which are great for skin. Unfortunately it also contains citronellol (a fragrance component), geraniol (a perfuming essential oil), and additional fragrance because I guess there wasn't already enough perfume in the product. And it contains thyme and gardenia extracts which, eh, can be beneficial antioxidant sources but are probably used here as even more fragrance. If your skin's not sensitive to fragrances, you might like this spray. But you can do better for the money spent. 

I recently discovered Timeless HA Matrixyl 3000 w/Cucumber Spray. (Timeless makes other varieties of this spray but this is the only one thats safe for my particular skin.) variety. Matrixyl 3000 is a collagen-boosting peptide complex and HA is hyaluronic acid. This spray also contains aloe and the salt form of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). It does smell like cucumber, thanks to the cucumber extract, but this isn't a skin-sensitizing fragrance. Ive been using this spray once a day and liking it. 

My usual daily hydrating mist is COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner. I use it between steps of my skincare routine to keep my skin damp. (I have mostly-dry combo skin that behaves best when I don’t let it dry down during my routine). It contains allantoin and centella asiatica (aka cica) which help calm my skin’s inflammation issues, though it’s not nearly the beefiest cica product in my routine. Also contains panthenol and hyaluronic acid. It’s a very simple formulation I can use throughout my routine, with no fear of overuse or irritation. 

@hadleyrosey  Oh, and you asked about acne spot treatments. What's your current skincare routine? Do you already use a salicylic acid (BHA) product for acne? BHA is an exfoliant that also kills acne-causing bacteria. It's one of the gold standard ingredients for acne. 

All my BHA products are made by Paula's Choice. Most folks love Paula's Choice Mini Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 1 oz/ 30 mL but I prefer Paula's Choice CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution with 2% Salicylic Acid 4 oz/ 118 mL for my particular skin issues. I also occasionally use their 4% BHA exfoliant, and I like to area treat with Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting BHA 9 Treatment 0.3 oz/ 9 mL which is stronger than most folks need. Whichever BHA product I use, I cap usage at 3 times a week so I don't over-exfoliate my skin. 

Another possibly good option is The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . And when a pimple's come to a head, I slap a hydrocolloid patch on it, usually Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots 20 Acne Healing Dots or COSRX AC Collection Acne Patch (they're oval shaped, unlike COSRX's Acne Pimple Master Patch which are round, plus the AC Collection patches contain centella asiatica). 

Aside from acne patches on juicy pimples, I "area treat" acne instead of spot treat. I want to catch all the bacteria in the area around active acne. Example: if I see a pimple forming on my forehead, I treat my whole forehead with BHA, not just the pimple. 

yes, i use a spot treatment after the clean and clear astringent. i will definitely get the area treatment, thank you for the suggestion!

thank you!! this was so helpful 💗

@hadleyrosey sorry to break it to you, but just about every mua in the biz states that this stuff should be avoided. It's all perfume and water, it has no benefit whatsoever. Try Clinique toners, or try Tony Moly. Also, Good Molecules has some good stuff. 

thank you so very much !!

@hadleyrosey I'm not the biggest fan of most MB products, especially after their scandal about lying about ingredients in some of their products a couple of years ago, BUT that said, I do actually like the aloe, herbs, rosewater spray as a nice refreshing, hydrating step. This is more of an add-on though depending on what other products you're using in your routine. 

I personally find the MB spray is a little too heavy and greasy looking at times. I also have combination skin and I don't like how often my forehead looks greasy so I would listen to the ladies above. 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing