Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

foundation

I'm looking for a foundation that is medium to full coverage. I've tried NYX and I've tried the Sephora brand foundation, but they both apply very flaky. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something not too expensive.

Tags:

Re: foundation

Hi @ocean0505!

I recently started using Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 6C2 Pecan (not this color) and love it! I have oily skin and have a hard time finding foundations that don't oxidize too much.  This foundation doesn't oxidize at all!  It's a medium to full buildable coverage foundation with a matte finish.  I will be using it with the products in the Tatcha Dewy Skin Favorites on the Go set once it comes in the mail!

Some other good ones I've tried are Laura Mercier Flawless Lumière Radiance-Perfecting Foundation 1W1 Ivory or Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation 1W1 Ivory (not these colors).  These oxidized a bit for me.

What's your skin type, @ocean0505?

my t-zone is oily and otherwise, it's normal but definitely not dry. its more on the oily side.

In that case, if you're looking for fuller coverage, I'd check out L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte (as a drugstore option) or Lancome Teint Idole (Sephora option). Both are buildable without being cakey. @ocean0505 You may also want to consider a primer to help keep the foundation in place throughout the day and give you a smoother application, but that's entirely up to you and your skin. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing