Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

drunk elephant breakouts??

hi everyone! i just started using Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanseras an alternative to Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mLjust to switch it up (i still love the tatcha one). i've also been using Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLand have LOVED the results - i've stopped wearing bb cream because of it since my skin looks so great! i'm worried, though, that my skin is having an averse reaction. i'm getting little red bumps (not really pimples, they're almost kind of itchy) in places i don't normally break out. i have pretty tough/easy skin in general and can try a lot of different products without adverse effects. wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue? for context, i normally double cleanse after using slaai and haven't changed anything else in my routinue

Re: drunk elephant breakouts??

I had a similar problem with the cleansing balm! I also use the Tatcha One-Step! I didn't get little red bumps, but it did cause my face to break out! I quickly went back to my Tatcha and the new breakouts stopped. Hope this helps!

RE: drunk elephant breakouts??

I haven’t used their cleansing balm but in my experience with their other products I think this is unfortunately sometimes a common reaction to some of their clean ingredients. I have used the Marula oil and LaLa Retro and my skin loves both, but the Protini completely clogged my pores and caused little itchy bumps. If thats the only change you’ve made, I’d likely attest it to that!

Re: drunk elephant breakouts??

really hoping it's the cleansing balm since i love the marula oil so so much 😞 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing