Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

accutane help !!

hiii !! my name is drew, i’m a 19 yr old girl and i start accutane in a month, i’ve struggled with acne for about 5/6 years now and nothing seems to help it. you name it and i’ve tried it. i’m pretty scared going into this, and not sure what to expect. i’ve done my research online but i’m reaching out to see if anyone has some recommendations on products. i have highly sensitive skin and always struggle to find the right products. if anyone that’s gone through accutane has some advice it would be much appreciated!!! thanks guys ! 

Re: accutane help !!

hi drew! I hope i can help.

I’ve never had accutane before, but I’ve heard you should be only using simple products and that your skin gets really dry.

maybe just a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and spf?

i would recommend just the classic CeraVe and Vanicream products, but they are not in Sephora. Amazon, target and any pharmacy should have their products.

just remember to please use moisturizer. no, moisturizer does not cause pimples. (you can get acne from having too dry skin, actually)

Another tip is that everything you use is fragrance free. This helps my sensitive skin SO much.

also, please remember your skin can purge at times when trying new products, so I recommend trying them for a month before letting them go.

Just for an idea, here is my routine! I have sensitive acne prone skin. This cleared my face in 2 months. But everyones skin is different!

-Dove sensitive skin bar soap

-CeraVe face lotion

- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 2.5 oz/ 73.9 mL 

my favorite brands:

cerave

dove

supegoop!

vanicream

la roche posay

hope this helped!

Re: accutane help !!

thank you so much for the advice !! i’ll definitely take a look into them ! ❤️

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given