Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

YTP or Korres Cleanser?

In your opinion which cleanser is better for sensitive/dry combo skin... Youth to the People Superfood Cleanser or Korres Greek Yoghurt Cleanser?

Re: YTP or Korres Cleanser?

@seh16 it really depends on your skin right now. The Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml is a great gel cleanser for the more oily-skin types. Much too drying for dry skin and possibly even normal. The KORRES - Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser plays well with all skin types in my opinion. It’s a good starting point, if you can get your hands on a DS, try it and see how your skin reacts. 

If both are too harsh, maybe start with just an oil (my favorite is the Burt’s Bees Cleansing Oil) or a cleansing balm (Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL is very nice and gentle on the skin).

@seh16I haven't tried the Korres by the YTP was both drying and felt like it left a film behind. I would recommend a milk based cleanser like REN's milk cleanser or my current HG cleanser, Pure + Simple's Sensitive Cleansing Milk.

YTP or Korres Cleanser?

I have dry/combo skin as well, and i use yttp or fresh soy facial cleanser. do you use any exfoliating toners or acids? those can dry out your skin when you first start with them and choose one that might be too strong for your skin.

@seh16, my skin type is similar to yours. Of the two cleansers you mentioned, the Korres worked better for me. The YTTP can be top stripping / drying for my dry skin; it’s something that I can use once a week in the summer months when I’m oilier but it’s too much for my skin year round and definitely too much in the colder months. 

RE: Re: YTP or Korres Cleanser?

Is there another cleanser that you would recommend?

Re: RE: Re: YTP or Korres Cleanser?

@seh16, I double cleanse in the evenings, starting off with an oil based cleanser. Ones that I rotate through are Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL (love this in the wintertime); Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL (discovered this one this year, it's wonderfu; if you can get your hands on the LE cherry version of it, it smells amazing); and CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL(this was my standby first cleanser for the longest time; it's still a love but I've been liking the Tatcha and Farmacy more lately). 

For second cleansers, which is where I would typically use a cleanser like the Korres cleanser, my skin has been liking belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Jelly Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL or the IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser Hydrating Facial Cleanser Serum 5 oz/ 148 mL in the colder months. In the summertime, when I lean more oily, I'm partial to Neogen Green Tea Foam Cleanser for a second cleanse.

@seh16 

YTTP was too drying for my skin, however I absolutely love KORRES - Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser . I was previously a die hard PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser user and dabbled with other cleansers but upon switching to Korres I cant see myself going to anything else. I have dry skin for reference. 

@seh16  I’ve tried both those cleansers on my mostly-dry combo skin. Both of them were too drying for me, but the Korres cleanser was slightly less drying than the YTTP cleanser: the Korres left fewer dry patches on my skin post-wash than the YTTP did. 

Your mileage may vary, so if you have a local Sephora that carries both cleansers, try getting samples of both to try before buying either of them. 

Thanks so much! I appreciate it. I’m going to definitely look into these cleansers. I love in MA and the winters are so drying for me and I’m also pregnant so my skin is just really dry and my usual cleansers are too harsh.

@seh16  You’re welcome! And I hear you on harsh winter weather: I live in Chicago and usually have to protect my skin from subzero wind, especially in January which is our usual deep freeze period. I’ve been visiting Florida for a week and, in a stunning display of fate’s twisted sense of humor, it’s been rainy in the 60s and 70s here; meanwhile, Chicago’s having a December heat wave of 50s and 60s. 🤣 I fly back tomorrow night. Tuesday’s forecasted high is, of course, in the 30s. At least it’s not in the -10s and -20s yet! 

Quick note about the Paula’s Choice Pore Normalizing Cleanser, since you’re pregnant (congrats!): that cleanser contains 2% BHA (salicylic acid). If you decide to try it, check with your doc to make sure it’s safe to use. Since the BHA will be rinsed off before it has time to really sink into your skin, it might be fine for you to use—but follow your doc’s advice. 🙂 

Thanks! What do you use now for a cleanser?

@seh16  I use Paula’s Choice Hydralight cleanser each morning. It’s a low lather cleanser that contains hydrating and moisturizing ingredients, and it works great on both my dry zones and oily zone. It never leaves my skin feeling stripped.

Currently my skin’s favorite cleanser.Currently my skin’s favorite cleanser.

At night, I usually alternate between Paula’s Choice Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser and Hydralight. I’m in Florida right now and brought a DS of PC Defense Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser (in addition to Hydralight) with me. I’ve been using the Defense cleanser at night and Hydralight each morning during my trip and honestly, I don’t like the Defense one as much as the Clear Pore Normalizing one—and definitely not as much as Hydralight. It’s not drying; it just doesn’t leave my skin feeling as nice as the other 2 cleansers do. It does make for a thorough second cleanse, though, after makeup removal. 

PC makes several cleansers formulated for different skin types, and you can order foil samples or travel sizes of several PC products before committing to a full size bottle. Unfortunately, they don’t have sample sizes of Hydralight. They do frequently run sales, and sometimes all their cleansers are included in those. And some stores, like Nordstrom and Dermstore, carry PC. 

Obligatory disclaimer: as much as I talk up some Paula’s Choice products, some folks might think I work for them. 😄 I don’t. And my skin hates some of their products. There’s no skincare brand whose entire product line I can use. 

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 28 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • Currently my skin’s favorite cleanser.
testing