Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

What is your makeup routine in terms of removing makeup?

Looking for recommendations to remove makeup and moisturize and nourish skin. Also what types of things do you use when removing makeup, towels, wipes? Thank you!

My current routine is 

Tatcha The Indigo Cleansing Balm Moisturizing Makeup Remover 1.9 oz / 54 g 

Tatcha The Deep Cleanse Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser 

Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 

Would love to hear what else is out there as well! 

Re: What is your makeup routine in terms of removing makeup?

@peculiarzmakeup Nice routine!

When removing makeup, I use a reusable cotton pad with Garnier Micellar water. I find this one moisturizing and doesn't strip my skin. (I go back and forth between this one and the Bioderma one). If I have long wearing makeup on, I use Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm . I then go in and cleanse with Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser . I am almost out! I will be testing out some new cleansers (to me) and shopping my stash before I stock up my curren cleanser. I have been following up with a Serum and moisturizer.

Thank you so much @Mellmars1185  that sounds like a fantastic idea too have steps. I also love shopping the stash, I forgot I had micellar until

just now i  think it’s hiding somewhere. Its definatley helpful for me to have all items in one place.

I’m inspired to organize by category today! ❤️

@peculiarzmakeup I am glad you are inspired. With the micellar water, it helps to apply some pressure for some time before swiping eye makeup away. I used to use eye makeup remover, but my eyes are prone to getting sties, so I try to stay away from oil based products. I would love to hear how your organization goes!

I will definatley remember to apply pressure. Thank you for the tip! I am gonna post it in your wonderful Habit Stacking Thread 📚

I always learn so much from everyone here at BIC, I appreciate it 🫶 @Mellmars1185 

@peculiarzmakeup - I don’t wear much makeup but do wear sunscreen so cleansing is important to me. I’ve not tried Tatcha’s cleansing balm but their Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser is my go-to first cleanser. While I do like Tatcha’s other cleansers (both the Deep Cleanse as well their Rice cleanser) I also enjoy KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser 5.07 oz/ 150 mL 

Thank you so much @newcarlee for your input! I have the Tatcha and love it,

I have not tried the other one I’m interested to look into the brand! I appreciate it 🫶 

@peculiarzmakeup I wash my face with First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser then #The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL when I get home from work. Before bed I use CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover  then cleanser.  I used to use PC Gentle Touch Eye Makeup Remover followed by DHC Olive Cleansing Oil.

I’ve heard great things about both of these! I have a lot to consider thank you so much 😊 @greeneyedgirl107 

Thank you so much these look lovely ☺️ @faeriegirl 

@peculiarzmakeup  I don’t rely on makeup removers to nourish or moisturize my skin but, eh, 2 of my removers can technically do both those things. 

Stubborn eye makeup: I use Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover on reusable cotton/bamboo rounds. Hold a round against one eye for 60 seconds, then gently wipe. 

Everything else: if I don’t use PC Gentle Touch on the rest of my face, I use one of these instead. 

• #The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL , especially on days my skin’s irritated; I sometimes let it sit 5-10 minutes on my skin as a soothing oat mask 
  • Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water + a reusable cotton/bamboo round 
  • Paula's Choice Omega + Complex Cleansing Balm 3.5 oz/ 104 mL , though I prefer The Inkey List’s which doesn’t hurt my eyes 

When using a balm, I usually just rinse it off while I’m in the shower (I’m a nighttime shower person) and then follow with my facial cleanser. If I remove makeup over a sink instead, then I typically use a wet plush microfiber cloth (like a The Original MakeUp Eraser The Original MakeUp Eraser® Makeup Remover Cloth) to wipe it away without splashing water all over the place. 

A friend recently sent me a box of Clean Skin Club XL-size single use towels to try in place of microfiber cloths. They’ve been especially helpful lately since I’ve been too sick to stand in the shower very long and have had to wash my face over the sink instead, plus I don’t have to worry about cooties accumulating on them. I’ll probably always prefer repeat-use cloths for sustainability reasons (though there’s some debate on how sustainable they really are), but single-use towels do have advantages. 

Moisturizer: my usual PM facial moisturizer is CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It plays nice with my retinaldehyde serum that contains evening primrose oil. In the morning, moisturizer depends on the weather: the CeraVe lotion is great in warm weather; chillier weather calls for Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer; cold weather often requires CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. If my skin’s in cranky tantrum mode, I use either Vanicream Moisturizing Lotion (has a very basic and effective formula that won’t worsen irritation) or an Aveeno body lotion (hooray colloidal oats!) on my face. And if temps are below 0ºF, I sometimes top moisturizer with a petrolatum balm to protect against chapping and windburn: either Aquaphor Ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment. 

Oh, and in summer, I often skip AM moisturizer and let sunscreen pull double duty. 

Thank you so much! You covered it all! I appreciate it so  much! Super helpful @WinglessOne  🫶

@WinglessOne I'm so sorry to learn that you're sick.   Sending you positive energy. ️ 

Aw, thank you @greeneyedgirl107. Covid finally got me, but hopefully it won’t become long covid. I hope you and your family are doing better lately. ❤️

@WinglessOne ohhh no!  I'm so sorry to hear that.  I know how diligent you've been.   Please hang in there and let me know if I can help in any way.  Get well soon.  ❤️ 😌 🌟 

Thanks for asking about me and my family.   I need to post an update.  I'm overwhelmed. 

@peculiarzmakeup @I use a combo of things

MAC cleansing oil

Leahlani cleansing oil

bioderma Sensibio 

the crème shop face wipes 

cleansing oil sounds really nice! These all look great! I’m getting so many good ideas thank you so much @SportyGirly125  ❤️

@peculiarzmakeup it was a love at first sample for me

Sounds amazing 🤩 @CorgiMommy 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing